Let's have some opinions. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's have some opinions.

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters
tay0365 said:
Yes, I put a t instead of a d, when you are at work, and trying to type fast, that happens. As far as what he meant, It's called sarcasm...sorry I do not normally point out people that are oblivious to what is going on, because that is also ironic to me and made also made me laugh of how what I wrote went over your head....now continue of your spelling police job.
Don't take it personally man. It was just funny... once someone called me an moron but spelled it "moren"! It's humourous. So take a deep breath and smile about it. It was funny. Sorry if I didn't get your sarcasm, it happens. I'm sure someone of your caliber will forgive me. (sarcasm, but you probably already knew that ;))

Vessel17 said:
Ronnie Brown-6'0-233
McGahee- 6'0-228

There's not really an appreciable difference. Especially since rookie backs tend to wear down and lose some weight as the season continues (see Clinton Portis, he went from 215 to 200). The rest is debatable. The last time McGahee ran a 40 was before the injury though, so that most likely affected things. Brown is a great reciever. They'll both be good backs.

My point was that we have no idea how good Brown will be, but if we go on potential, like some Bills fans are doing for Losman, then Brown should be considered better then McGahee.

tay0365 said:
My point was that we have no idea how good Brown will be, but if we go on potential, like some Bills fans are doing for Losman, then Brown should be considered better then McGahee.
My point is the two could be measured as close. You see they had very successful college careers and both played for teams that went undefeated. They were both first round backs and have somewhat similar running styles. When you look at potential you have to judge it. Not everyone has the same potential. Like when you said that you had as much potential to play safety as Losman has to be a good QB. That's simply not correct, first off you're 40 and most likely haven't played organized football in awhile. That means your rusty at best. Because of your age you're probably past your athletic peak, meaning you don't have much upside. Losman is younger, has kept playing, and has had success when he's gotten the opportunities (int's against the Pats aside). Potential isn't limitless with every person, that's why it's measured. That's why Mueller and Donahoe and scouts have jobs, to measure potential.

But saying that Losma will fail because he hasn't done anything is like me saying that Ronnie Brown will be a bust b/c he hasn't gained a yard in the NFL yet. I'm not saying either will make the pro-bowl this year, but they both have the athletic ability to be successful at their given postions.

BTW: did you get a chance to read my other post about Losman's acceptance in the locker room? What do you think about it?

Vessel17 said:
My point is the two could be measured as close. You see they had very successful college careers and both played for teams that went undefeated. They were both first round backs and have somewhat similar running styles. When you look at potential you have to judge it. Not everyone has the same potential. Like when you said that you had as much potential to play safety as Losman has to be a good QB. That's simply not correct, first off you're 40 and most likely haven't played organized football in awhile. That means your rusty at best. Because of your age you're probably past your athletic peak, meaning you don't have much upside. Losman is younger, has kept playing, and has had success when he's gotten the opportunities (int's against the Pats aside). Potential isn't limitless with every person, that's why it's measured. That's why Mueller and Donahoe and scouts have jobs, to measure potential.

But saying that Losma will fail because he hasn't done anything is like me saying that Ronnie Brown will be a bust b/c he hasn't gained a yard in the NFL yet. I'm not saying either will make the pro-bowl this year, but they both have the athletic ability to be successful at their given postions.

BTW: did you get a chance to read my other post about Losman's acceptance in the locker room? What do you think about it?

What if Losman become a bust, becomes another Mirer or worse, shows the attitude problem many wrote about him having, where did that potential help him? Potential is used more with someone that has plenty of physical tools, and proved them all through his college career, Losman did have a good college career, but it was not great or awesome. I am 40, and yes, no where as athletic as when I played in Highschool, and College, but my point is I have no chance at ever playing in the NFL, as Losman has being good because of his very shaky potential. Maybe the comparison I gave is a bit extreme, but it may not be very off.

If you ask 10 real football people whet they think of him, you could very well get as many that will tell you Losman has an attitude problem, and will make very bad decisions at times as there will be people telling you how athletic and how big an arm he has.

Potential mean nothing, it is how you perform in the NFL, and so far AJ has had his good moments, and bad. Losman has yet to prove himself with potential and all.

Vessel17 said:
Don't take it personally man. It was just funny... once someone called me an moron but spelled it "moren"! It's humourous. So take a deep breath and smile about it. It was funny. Sorry if I didn't get your sarcasm, it happens. I'm sure someone of your caliber will forgive me. (sarcasm, but you probably already knew that ;))

No I'm not, just that it's a pretty basic and small spelling mistake to bring to ones attention, and gives the impression that you might have just been try to dig up anything disparaging to throw back at me. Sorry if that was not your intention.

Yea, I got the sarcasm around that comment.:lol:

tay0365 said:
What if Losman become a bust, becomes another Mirer or worse, shows the attitude problem many wrote about him having, where did that potential help him? Potential is used more with someone that has plenty of physical tools, and proved them all through his college career, Losman did have a good college career, but it was not great or awesome. I am 40, and yes, no where as athletic as when I played in Highschool, and College, but my point is I have no chance at ever playing in the NFL, as Losman has being good because of his very shaky potential. Maybe the comparison I gave is a bit extreme, but it may not be very off.

If you ask 10 real football people whet they think of him, you could very well get as many that will tell you Losman has an attitude problem, and will make very bad decisions at times as there will be people telling you how athletic and how big an arm he has.

Potential mean nothing, it is how you perform in the NFL, and so far AJ has had his good moments, and bad. Losman has yet to prove himself with potential and all.

Losman hasn't had the chance to prove himself Tay. That's why he must be judged by his workethic (which is admired by his teammates), college career (which was pretty good 3,077 yards, 33 Td's, and 14 Ints... it's hard to ask a QB to do better than that some would call it great), and physical attributes. No one has ever questioned Losman's arm or release, if you watched the 2003 draft Kiper, Jaworski, and Hodge all said that he was very athletic and had a very strong arm. What was questioned was his accuracy and mechanics (the two often go hand in hand).

Point being this, you seem to believe that Losman has no potential at all. While I admit that he hasn't proved you wrong on the field, being that he hasn't had the opportunity to do anything yet. The thing is many personel men in the NFL disagree with you on Losman's potential. He has the physical ability to be a good QB; that hasn't been called into question by any football writer (I challenge you to find one of repute who feels that he's physcially incapable). The ****iness stuff to me is refuted by how teammates are publicly supporting him. That means that he isn't rubbing people the wrong way. Now if he plays poorly then maybe more naysayers will come out. Losman's decision making on the field is still up in the air. He hasn't played a full game yet, how are we supposed to know if he rises or cracks under pressure.

Basically, let the kid play a game and a full season before you really pass judgement on him. I don't like that people are annointing the next coming of Jim Kelly, but I'm just as irritated by people who say he's the next Heath Shuler. No one knows

Vessel17 said:
Losman hasn't had the chance to prove himself Tay. That's why he must be judged by his workethic (which is admired by his teammates), college career (which was pretty good 3,077 yards, 33 Td's, and 14 Ints... it's hard to ask a QB to do better than that some would call it great), and physical attributes. No one has ever questioned Losman's arm or release, if you watched the 2003 draft Kiper, Jaworski, and Hodge all said that he was very athletic and had a very strong arm. What was questioned was his accuracy and mechanics (the two often go hand in hand).

Exactly, that is why some will see his arm strength and will will say he is going to succeed, then others will look at some of the mental mistakes, accuracy and supposed personality problems he had, and say he is destined to fail. Those were good numbers, but Feeley's were not exactly horrible...

In 22 career games (8 starts), Feeley completed 149 of 282 passes for 2,175 yards, 15 TDs and only 6 INTs. Appeared in only two games as a senior, completing 5 of 13 passes for 87 yds. In his junior season, connected on 136 of 259 pass attempts for 1,951 yds. and 14 TDs.
His efforts earned him a mid-season nomination for the Davey O’Brien Award presented to the nation’s top passer. Served in a reserve role as a sophomore and redshirted as a freshman.

if not for Joey Harrington, he would have started more games.

Vessel17 said:
Point being this, you seem to believe that Losman has no potential at all. While I admit that he hasn't proved you wrong on the field, being that he hasn't had the opportunity to do anything yet. The thing is many personel men in the NFL disagree with you on Losman's potential. He has the physical ability to be a good QB; that hasn't been called into question by any football writer (I challenge you to find one of repute who feels that he's physcially incapable). The ****iness stuff to me is refuted by how teammates are publicly supporting him. That means that he isn't rubbing people the wrong way. Now if he plays poorly then maybe more naysayers will come out. Losman's decision making on the field is still up in the air. He hasn't played a full game yet, how are we supposed to know if he rises or cracks under pressure.

I am not saying that Losman has no chance to be good, I am saying that Losman has to prove he can be good, potential means nothing (And it's not like he has all the potential in the world). I like Brown, and think he will be a star, but I am not going to be crazy enough to say he is better McGahee...that still has to be proven.

Vessel17 said:
Basically, let the kid play a game and a full season before you really pass judgement on him. I don't like that people are annointing the next coming of Jim Kelly, but I'm just as irritated by people who say he's the next Heath Shuler. No one knows

That is all I am saying, and all I was doing is answering all the people that have already decided to call Losman better then Feeley (much better), at this point they are at the same level, and considering Feeley has at least had some success, Feeley may be a bit higher until proven otherwise. Just because I am attacking the potential theory, does not mean that I am saying Losman has no chance to be good, he just needs to correct a few things, and maybe he will be good, maybe he won't.

Did You See The Dolphins Line Last Year! Manning Would Have Been Terrible With The Fish Last Year. And Loseman Will Be A Loser!!

chrisjp said:
Did You See The Dolphins Line Last Year! Manning Would Have Been Terrible With The Fish Last Year. And Loseman Will Be A Loser!!
Your the loser:mrt:

In the words of a true homer...

tay0365 said:
There really is no upside to Losman, but there is a known downside, he has a problem getting along with his teammates, he is power hungry, and normally alienates himself from most around him.

chrisjp said:

Who did the phins add that makes you think they will be any better this year?

Justasportsfan said:
who do you think finfans would pick?

well i'm a fin fan and i'd rather take loserman. but i think this poll is made to:
1)if the dolfans chose feeley you'd call them homers.
2)if the chose loserman, you'd make comments like; 'so you admit we have a better QB then?'

btw i'd take loserman because he was a 1st rd pick and feeleys just the 1st AT picks

tay0365 said:
There really is no upside to Losman, but there is a known downside, he has a problem getting along with his teammates, he is power hungry, and normally alienates himself from most around him.
Where do you get your info from? National Enquirer?

tay0365 said:
Ok, if we are going on potential, then Ron Brown is going to be a better Running back, then McGahee, after all, he is bigger, faster, can catch the ball better, Block better. So great, let us now start going with potential.
Willis would've been picked right about where Brown was prior to the injury. Difference, Willis has already proven he can play in the NFL. Brown has yet to take a snap.

Jp unproven. AJ unproven after 4 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom