Patrick Ramsey (32)

Carson Palmer (1)
Kyle Boller(19)
Rex Grossman (22)

Eli Manning (1)
Philip Rivers (4)
Ben Rothlisberber (11)
J.P. Losman (22)

All of these guys are 1st Round picks with potential. Aside from Big Bens decent last year none of these "talents" have done anything. At this point in either QB's career this poll is just a homer poll really. Do I think Losman has more potential to be a great NFL QB, yes. If my life depended on winning the 1st game of the year, I would take Feeley until I get to see 8 games of Losman. Then I will tell you who I want for the 2nd half of the season.

GreenMonster said:
1st Round QB's since 2002

Joey Harrington (3)
Patrick Ramsey (32)

Carson Palmer (1)
Kyle Boller(19)
Rex Grossman (22)

Eli Manning (1)
Philip Rivers (4)
Ben Rothlisberber (11)
J.P. Losman (22)

All of these guys are 1st Round picks with potential. Aside from Big Bens decent last year none of these "talents" have done anything. At this point in either QB's career this poll is just a homer poll really. Do I think Losman has more potential to be a great NFL QB, yes. If my life depended on winning the 1st game of the year, I would take Feeley until I get to see 8 games of Losman. Then I will tell you who I want for the 2nd half of the season.

I agree. As of this very moment I would take Feeley to start game 1. If losman looks good in preseason that could change though, but before seeing him play with the 1st team, against the 1st team in some preseason action, I'd give the nod to the vet.

Losman7 said:
I agree. As of this very moment I would take Feeley to start game 1. If losman looks good in preseason that could change though, but before seeing him play with the 1st team, against the 1st team in some preseason action, I'd give the nod to the vet.

Vets just about always get the nod in the NFL because of the complexity of the game at that level especially at the QB pos. Very few rookie QB's come in and dominate the league passing the ball, because even the Card's D makes anything in college look foolish. I would be surprised if Losman had a great year based on the last 3 draft classes, but sitting a year on the bench McNair style will help bigtime.

GreenMonster said:
Vets just about always get the nod in the NFL because of the complexity of the game at that level especially at the QB pos. Very few rookie QB's come in and dominate the league passing the ball, because even the Card's D makes anything in college look foolish. I would be surprised if Losman had a great year based on the last 3 draft classes, but sitting a year on the bench McNair style will help bigtime.

I don't need him to dominate, but if he could keep his INT/TD ratio 1:1, and make the big play on play action, or maybe pick up those first downs with his feet that Bledsoe never could we'll be OK. We should be able to get 8-10 wins running and playing D, if thats good enough for the playoffs, so be it.

Mr. Right said:
You guys, stop being homers, please!

Feeley has no potential and has already shown he will never be a good started in the league.

Losman has TONS of potential to be a special player, with his work ethic, mobility, and strong arm.

No conteast, Losman

I believe that i see some homer inside of you. True, Losman is doing what he should be doing in the offseason but that doesnt mean that he is going to do great once he playes in a game. Feeley did good when he was with the Eagles and the reason why he did so poorly was because of he didnt have alot of cofidence in himself since Wanny didnt even want him. I think that it also hard for any QB to do good in our patheic offense that we had last year. I do expect for Feeley to do better since our coaching staff has had an upgrade and our offense will be more wide open then last year.

Come on. Even the most die-hard PhinPhan has to know that the franchise is not going to come back with AJ.

He was a mistake.

Accept and move on.

BZ

Losman7 said:
I agree. As of this very moment I would take Feeley to start game 1. .
Don't give in to the dark side....

Are you nuts? Jp can throw INT's returned for Td's just like AJ . Based on that I would take JP's potential over Feeley's. I couldn't care if Aj has had experience at sucking.

Justasportsfan said:
Don't give in to the dark side....

Are you nuts? Jp can throw INT's returned for Td's just like AJ . Based on that I would take JP's potential over Feeley's. I couldn't care if Aj has had experience at sucking.

Dude, I'm not giving in. i would rather have losman over the course of the season, but before training camp and preseason with hitting and with never having been a starter in a game, you'ed have to take the veteren whoever it is.

Vessel17 said:
Feeley has proven himself to be incompetent, he doesn't really deal with pocket pressure extrememely well, throws too many INT's. I'll take Losman just because of his upside and mobility.

well you tell me who could deal with the pressure that feeley had last year our ol was all to h3ll anybody could bust through our line last year mike vick couldnt qb our team last year until the last few games then we started to gel then feeley was getting alittle more time to throw the ball just ask the patsies :evil: and another thing feeley did it without a running game just think what will happen now that we have one :evil: brutal just brutal:evil:

jason_taylor said:
well you tell me who could deal with the pressure that feeley had last year our ol was all to h3ll anybody could bust through our line last year mike vick couldnt qb our team last year until the last few games then we started to gel then feeley was getting alittle more time to throw the ball just ask the patsies :evil: and another thing feeley did it without a running game just think what will happen now that we have one :evil: brutal just brutal:evil:

Probably a couple QB's could have dealt with the pressure and won you more games than Feeley. Culpepper is tough to bring down and is a threat to run, he'd be good. McNabb is the same. Peyton Manning would have worked out better... I responded to questions about Feeley on another site, this is what I said...
Alright, I took a look at Feeley's stats over las season game by game. Especially focusing on the last five games. His last five games (as he did not play in week 17) were against SF, Buff, Den, NE, and Clev. Against SF he was mediocre completing 51% of his passes for 2 Td's and 1 Int, those numbers pale when one realizes that they were playing San Fransico. Buffalo seemed to give him problems as you pointed out. I did not see the game so I do not know whose fault the Int's were, but he threw an Int to 360 pound DT Pat Williams which was returned 20 yards for a TD, afterwhich Williams pleaded with the training staff for oxygen. Throwing Int's to linemen is always rough. Feeley did throw 3 TD's in that game, but he took 51 pass attempts that game! They Dolphins were in catch-up mode for the entire game after Terrence McGee returned the opening kick-off for a TD. Of those 51 attempts he completed 25, good for 49% of his passes. Against Denver he completed 48% of his passes with 1 TD and 1 Int. Mediocre at best. New England in my opinion was his best game all season. He wasn't spectacular, but he made good decisions and led his team to their one point edge of NE. His final game against Cleveland was uninspiring. He completed 25/43 for 176 yards for one TD, lost a fumble, and got sacked for an 11 yard loss by Gerard Warren (lol).
Even with time Feeley wasn't overly impressive. If I were you I'd root for a rebuilding season so you can be high enough in the draft to pick up Linehart, I think he'll be good.

Vessel17 said:
Probably a couple QB's could have dealt with the pressure and won you more games than Feeley. Culpepper is tough to bring down and is a threat to run, he'd be good. McNabb is the same. Peyton Manning would have worked out better.

Come on now, I don't think that anyone is comparing Feeley to the elite QB's in the NFL. Sure our season might have been a smashing success with 6 total wins with these guys at the helm. However their stats would have paled in comparison. At this point I would have to take Feeley. I haven't seen Losman do anything yet. I know that Feeley is a .500 or so QB at the NFL level. With the talent around him I think that he will be fine. For the next year or so I'd stick with Feeley after that I give the nod to Losman due to his physical tools and his maturation at the NFL level.

Losman7 said:
Dude, I'm not giving in. i would rather have losman over the course of the season, but before training camp and preseason with hitting and with never having been a starter in a game, you'ed have to take the veteren whoever it is.
If Feeley is the vet. NO Thanks. He hasn't even played like a vet. He was arguably as bad as Eli under the same circumstance and Eli was a true rookie.

The only time I would pick Feeley over Jp is if we needed a tackling dummy just to satisfy the thirst of our D for huge hits. He can be the guniea pig.

Vessel17 said:
Feeley has proven himself to be incompetent, he doesn't really deal with pocket pressure extrememely well, throws too many INT's. I'll take Losman just because of his upside and mobility.

There really is no upside to Losman, but there is a known downside, he has a problem getting along with his teammates, he is power hungry, and normally alienates himself from most around him.

Back
Top Bottom