Lets keep some composure | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets keep some composure

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
...for at least 1 more week. We lose to the Jets, and i will be leading up the everyone sucks posts, but lets hold untill then. I have also seen a few people already bashing Ray for his performance tonight, but i think that is a wrong interpretation. This guy is not our starter and he played the worst game ever last week, but he didn't look that bad 2 night. He had nothing to do with the first 3 turnovers, he had no protection all day, and on his int that was returned for a TD we have seen many Dolphin Qbs make worse throws when they were losing by alot and forced to throw every down. Ray obviously isn't challenging for Jay's job, but he did everything we were hopeing for comming, don't lose the game for us. He didn't he left that to Konrad, Carter, Carter again, stupid penaltys, and missed tackles. Anyway enough with the past. It is on to NY to make all of us forget about the horrible streak once and for all, and if we don't I guess we will have to make like Feidler_9 and pay attention to our wives and/or girlfreinds...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

True but right now I have no confidence in Lucas.Like I said Carter deserve alot of the blame and made it worst on Lucas.I just don't see the Dolphins beating the Jets but then again Wanstead get his team prepare well after a tough loss ..

I don't know Ray passes where all over the place I count atleast 3 passes where he just threw in into the ground. We were lucky the refs could of called 2 more fumbles if they wanted

Originally posted by JTK
Sorry Dajesus but Ray Lucas sucks!

Yeah because most teams have a pro bowl QB on the bench waiting for the starter to go down. After last week all is was hopeing for was for Ray to not lose the game for us, so our other players could step up for a big win. He did his part it just so happend that the other guys didn't do anything. You really look at what lost this game for us you have to look at Konrad and Carter.

Our defense came up huge and picked off Farve for only the 4th time in 8 games to stop Greenbay from getting what looked like sure points. Ray and co. lead us in to Greenbay territory. It apears we might score we have 2nd and 2, and Konrad fumbles. We get the ball back Ray and Co. again take us near the 50, and Wade has a stupid 15 yard penalty. Ray stays calm throws what should have converted a nice 3 and 9 to a first and 10(from 1st and 25), but Carter fumbles. Then it all unraveled, but it wasn't Ray who caused it.

I will repeat obviously Ray will not challenge Jay for the starting spot as many had hoped, but if he doesn't take us out of the game we should have the personal to make any game competitive. All week every newspaper and Dolphin coach were telling Ray he didn't have to win the game by himself. That he had to lean on his playmakers, and play smart. Well he did that for 3 quarters and no one made plays.

He did make the turnover that ended the game. That int returned for a TD he locked on the reciever right from the snap. Sharper knew where the ball was comming. Ray is going to continue to take us out of games. Do you think the Jets are going to put 9 guys in the box after watching the last 2 games?

Heck yes! They are going to dare Lucas to win the game and I have no faith that he will.

Originally posted by JTK
He did make the turnover that ended the game. That int returned for a TD he locked on the reciever right from the snap. Sharper knew where the ball was comming. Ray is going to continue to take us out of games. Do you think the Jets are going to put 9 guys in the box after watching the last 2 games?

Heck yes! They are going to dare Lucas to win the game and I have no faith that he will.

I could sit here and list the games that Jay threw horrible passes when he had to take the load on his shoulders, but I won't because this isn't about bashing a QB. We were losing by 17 when he made that toss. If others had made plays earlyier Norv never has to put Ray in that postion. All I am saying is we sucked as a team. Ricky never had a chance, our D stayed on the feild way to long their fault as well as the O's, our o-line played horrible, and our WRs couldn't catch a cold.

They put 8 in the box 5 weeks ago. Every team that we have played all season put 8 in the box.

Not only did the Packers have 8 in the box - we had 5 D-lineman in there instead of 4. That's tough for any RB to beat.

HofCityFan also brought up a good point in that refs saved two more turnovers from happening. Lucas is not the answer - any team that plays 5 DL is not respecting your passing game.

I think Ray's biggest problem is falling under pressure. Once a few things goes wrong, he starts to play sh*tty. He starts off OK, but then the crap hits the fan.

I think what is getting overlooked is the fact that Ray is our back up QB. He isn't as good as our starter thats why he is our back up! Teams that overcome back up QBs have players that step it up to negate the back up QB. Look at the Bills of the early 90s. Reich was no Kelly, but when he was in there Thomas, Lofton, Reed, the o-line, and the defense took it to a new level. What do we have? WRs that dropped everything that was thrown at them, fumbles, and Marcus Spriggs and others letting d-lineman in the backfeild with out being touched. If we want to win next week, we have to have stars step up. Ricky needs a long run, Chambers needs an acrobatic catch, and most of all our o-line needs to put some one their ass besides our QB.

If Lucas starts against the JETS Fins don't have a chance. Why he was playing in the second half I have no idea. Wouldn't doubt he took a shot of some hooch during the break to ease the pain in his injury because he knew it was his last chance to make a name for himself because he sucks so bad he'll never get another chance to play. Put in the herb if you want any chance at all to beat the JETS.

I like the fact that Dave said just about the same things I did in this thread in his day after press conference. He said that Ray played good enough to win, but no one stepped up to help him. Witch I thought was obvious but some goof balls like to blame every thing on the QB. Anyway the same goofballs are going to most likely to get their wish, and will see Sage in there Sunday night. I know Ray has sucked, but does this scare anyone else? I mean this is our biggest foe, we have lost 2 straight, and it is on national TV in NY with a guy that has thrown 3 NFL passes makeing the start. There is a good chance that Jay will have to run the table when he gets back just to make the wild card.

Lucas is turning the ball over people can't step up when you are losing the +/- so bad.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I could sit here and list the games that Jay threw horrible passes when he had to take the load on his shoulders, but I won't because this isn't about bashing a QB. We were losing by 17 when he made that toss. If others had made plays earlyier Norv never has to put Ray in that postion. All I am saying is we sucked as a team. Ricky never had a chance, our D stayed on the feild way to long their fault as well as the O's, our o-line played horrible, and our WRs couldn't catch a cold.

They put 8 in the box 5 weeks ago. Every team that we have played all season put 8 in the box.

Your right on with that Dajesus.
Jay or Ray the teams always put 8 in the box to stop Ricky and they did it with Lamar last year. Why? Because neither Jay or Ray provoke fear with D coordinators. Do we want Jay back yes!
However, the loss of Jay is not this teams biggest problem as was clearly seen last night.

Back
Top Bottom