lets look at some of the classier players in team history. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lets look at some of the classier players in team history.

Lorenzo Rules

Active Roster
Reaction score
With ALL the trouble these yardbird athletes are getting inot trouble I want to point out some of our classier guys even if they were not that good of players on the field.

Rob Konrad , Trace Armstrong, Sam Madison , Hunter Goodwin and Fred Barnett those guys were classy guys and they did what apearantly nobody on many of these teams do nowdays and that is community service work .

a coach who was with Wanny is on regulary talking about how some of our players were really liked by their teammates even though some fans didnt like the guys.

I used to read all aboutthem going to the childrens hospital and to other charity events and Chris Chambers were really good at doing these things and that is why they are my favorite players.

I heard that Ray Lucas and Fred Barnett were real team guys. Lucas was not a good qb but if you look back at game film his wrs wre not helping him and the offensive playcalling really screwed him up real bad.

some of our players were classy citizens the funny thing is for every Cecil Collins there should be two zach Thomas's but its not that way.

the Dolphins used to have several players staying out of trouble but even though some players screw up they are still people. the dolphins used to have offensive players and deffensive players alike winning community awards back durring the shula and even Wanny days. my question is ever since Saban took off our players are getting into more trouble and this is what worries me as a fin fan.

Dwight Stephenson , Dan Marino , Manny Fernadez and several others have won several awards and yes even good Ole Sammie Smith won a couple of awards.

I have noticed that fin players are not wining any nfl awards or community service awards like they were under Wanny and co. to make matters worse we are not winning like were then either so what is it that miami is not doing more to enhance better characters like they once did ?

:ponder:

ImpliedFacepalm_max600JPG1269532790-1.jpg

A lot of those community service things and charity events are actually put in players contracts. They have to go. Participation in them doesn't give them class, but I see your point. Class would be when John Offerdahl donated food from his bagel shop. That's money out of his pocket, and it wanst in a contract.

A lot of those community service things and charity events are actually put in players contracts. They have to go. Participation in them doesn't give them class, but I see your point. Class would be when John Offerdahl donated food from his bagel shop. That's money out of his pocket, and it wanst in a contract.

I also remember when John Offerdahl saved a woman whose car went off the road and into a swamp. He's a super class act.

Another honest to goodness good guy is Shawn Wooden. He's another guy who does good things not for contractual obligations or press.

Back
Top Bottom