Lets not be Homers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets not be Homers

Originally posted by BigDoug
What was the title of this thread?

Have we missed the point?

Yup and quite frankly I've had it with most of these guys. Frankly I can't wait till AJ just starts banning the ones who act like complete dorks.

Why not? Anything a Bills fan writes gets edited or moved anyway! Actually, we've seen an increase in fins fan activity on the Bills site. Come on over. It'll be fun & we won't edit you guys!

f the fish huh so you are telling us you want to have intercourse with sealife ? wow the bills fans really go all out when they show their intelligence

Originally posted by fthefish11
Why not? Anything a Bills fan writes gets edited or moved anyway! Actually, we've seen an increase in fins fan activity on the Bills site. Come on over. It'll be fun & we won't edit you guys!

Because I'd rather post on a respectable forum then the typical trailer trash boards.

Honestly, I could see the Bills making the playoffs if 3 things happen.

1. The O-line steps up. If this happens, Drew will have plenty of time to throw, letting him do what he does best. This also helps Trais Henry run. We all know how dangerous Bledsoe can be when he has a running game.

2. Another wide reciever steps up. Peerless Price has shown potential. But like Fiedler, is VERY inconsistant. Some games its like he isn't even there, other games, like the season closure against seattle a couple seasons ago, he puts up massive numbers. If Price or Josh Reed steps up, it could be trouble for opposing secondaries.

3. The young defense improves. Granted there have been a couple great signings, but the majority of this defense is still very young. I doubt they have the ability to be a top 10 defense yet, but if they can make it into the top 15, that should be sufficient.

badfoot -

You've got this inbred thing on the mind my friend. What r u talking about?

Van-

This is respectable? All you guys talk about is back up players, inbreeding, & whether or not Searcy's gonna play this year. Your right - this site's respectable!!! LOLOL

I think our division is going to come down to the Fins & the Bills. You guys have one of the best D's around & picking up RW is only going to help the O. Fiedler just can't turn the ball over like he has the last 2 yrs.

Very true......
i think last season Fiedler made great strides in the second half of the season, I think he only had like 4 INTs in the last 7 games or so. Let's not forget that even tho he is near 30, he is still relatively a young starter(not in age, in years played). This really is a HUGE year for Jay, if he continues the way he was in the 2nd half of last season, we are in good shape....if he bombs out, obviously we are in trouble.

You guys have questions too....Drew hasn't had a real good season in a while now.

I hate to admit it, but the Jets are going to be in the mix too. If Beasley and Abraham play like they did a couple years ago, they may have a top 10 defense. Of course with Testaverde throwing the ball, they won't have much offense.

I fully expect the Pats to have an 8-8 year. How they got to 11-5 and won the Superbowl is beyond me. Here is some interesting food for thought. The Twin Towers get bombed on 9-11. About this time, the Patriots start winning games, and eventually advance to and win the Super Bowl. Anyone think its weird that the PATRIOTS win the super bowl the same year as this terrorist attack? Interesting stuff.

Well regarding the Jets' secondary, I don't think they have improved, but I don't think they have dropped off too far either.

Funny how they say size is more important than speed in their corners, but they let go of Coleman, who should have been a "stud" in their system.

Safety on their team is still a sore spot, but I think Sam Garnes still has a bit left in his tank, but the other S spot is aweakness. Abraham couldn't hold a spot in TB last year, and Beasley has never been anything more than Adequate. Mickens is a decent nickle back, and Henderson, the kid they like, seems to be an above average dime back who has a lot of room to improve.

The thing about them is, is that 3/4 at least of their secondary will be new.....so it will take a bit of time to get the calls and reads, and communication down.

The Jets aren't going to be that great, in my opinion. Their O-Line isn't too great and they lost Young in the expansion draft. I like Curtis Martin, but defenses can put 8 or 9 guys near the line of scrimmage and shut down Martin because Vinny T. is just plain awful and their WRs are amongst the worst in the league.

On Defense, their front four is bad and I don't think the 1st round draft pick DE Bryan Thomas is the answer at all. They should have traded up and taken one of the four stud DTs in the draft. Teams ran all over the Jets last year and they didn't do anything to improve the situation up front this offseason. Their LBs on paper are good, but Cowart and Jones are always injured and although I like Mo Lewis, he's just another year older. Farrior bolted as well after having a great season with the NYJ and coming into his own as an NFL linebacker. The DBs are a huge question mark. Beasley and Abraham have never really impressed me and are a huge downgrade from Coleman and Glenn. Sam Garnes is an even bigger downgrade from Victor Green as well.

I think in December its going to be Buffalo and Miami neck and neck.

This is definately the most competitive division out there. I have to admit that if NE can go from 5-11 to Superbowl champs the Bills can actually make the playoffs after 3-13. Miami and Buffalo have both made huge strides but the Jets haven't impressed me this offseason. Buffalo had the best offseason in FA and Draft but they are still young. We'll See.

I think the Jets are in trouble. Outside of Abraham in the defensive backfield, who do they have? I'm really not sure... I think Testaverde's on his way out & Pennington has no experience. Their O-line lost 2 guys in the offseason CM can only carry that team so far. The WR's are like midgets running around & Cowart's still not 100%.

When healthy though, I think their front 7 on D are as good as anybody. I'm sorry, but I just don't see this team making the playoffs. They, or the Bills, could be the X factor in the AFC East!

Back
Top Bottom