Lets not be Homers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets not be Homers

Baz

Ephemeral
Reaction score
Seeing as I just browse more than I post, I noticed a couple things. I am in no way starting crap here, just trying to politely point out a few things. Except for maybe one or two users, all the Bills fans are being Homers. Lets face reality for a second. Too much emphasis is being placed on Williams and Reed. They are rookies. You can't expect them to turn your team into a play-off contender just because of how they did in college and what round they were picked in. If that was the case, Cade McNown would be a starting quarterback and John Avery would be carrying the rock for the 'Fins. They both have outstanding potential, its just a question as to if they will reach it.

Drew Bledsoe is awesome. In the Bills system, with Moulds, he should flourish. However, if you think you are getting the same Drew that took the Patriots to the Super Bowl, you're wrong. Drew has clearly degressed the last few seasons. It may be because of the personnel he had in NE, or it could be his age. Drew has always been a personal favorite of mine. I would love to see him play at a high level again(just not against the 'Fins). However, realistically, he is probably a player on decline, due largely to the beatings he took in NE.

I invite any Bills fan to point out any homerisms we Dolphins fans are having, but please do it intellectually, and without insults. Just friendly conversation

Hey those are some solid points, and you may be right. We will certaintly find out when the games begin!!!! I would never compair M Williams to Mcnown and Avery. Who knows about J Reed. I have seen him play in college and he was awesome but we will see how he produces on the pro level. Also its not too much emphasis being placed on just those two players. The Bills have brought in quality veterans to fill many key positions including, Hollis, Eddie Robinson, Trey Teague, Marcus Price, Billy Jenkins, London Fletcher, and Charlie Rodgers.

(_8(i) Doh!

Good post, B

Williams is "blue chip"...he may take a year to get used to the speed of the NFL on every play.

As our line goes, that's how Bledsoe will go....if Williams is successful right out of the box, along with the new veteran OL's, Drew will have a good season. If not, he'll continue his pattern of dwindling production.

I tend to support the theory that NE had a bad OL, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with an "improved" OL in Buffalo.

Gilbride can mitigate this by going totally smashmouth a la the Bears last year, then Drew would become "RoboQB"

Questions, questions....lots of questions.

OL picked as high as Williams have generally turned out to be studs(Boselli, Ogden, Pace, L.Davis??)but there also has been Mandarich but I don't think that will happen to Williams. Buff. fans better hope not.

Originally posted by dolfan25
OL picked as high as Williams have generally turned out to be studs(Boselli, Ogden, Pace, L.Davis??)but there also has been Mandarich but I don't think that will happen to Williams. Buff. fans better hope not.

Steroids ruined Mandarich. His skinny-ass legs couldn`t handle the upper body bulk.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Hey those are some solid points, and you may be right. We will certaintly find out when the games begin!!!! I would never compair M Williams to Mcnown and Avery. Who knows about J Reed. I have seen him play in college and he was awesome but we will see how he produces on the pro level. Also its not too much emphasis being placed on just those two players. The Bills have brought in quality veterans to fill many key positions including, Hollis, Eddie Robinson, Trey Teague, Marcus Price, Billy Jenkins, London Fletcher, and Charlie Rodgers.

See if you guys could be like this in the Miami Dolphins forum and save the smack for the Smack forums then we would have no problems with you guys.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

See if you guys could be like this in the Miami Dolphins forum and save the smack for the Smack forums then we would have no problems with you guys.

Yep, that about sums it up Van. It`s like our Phins forum is sacred ground. No outsiders.

Back
Top Bottom