Let's Not Get Ahead Of Ourselves... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Not Get Ahead Of Ourselves...

funkphenomenon2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes, we have an amazing team. Yes, all our starting positions seem to be solid. Yes, we have a TON of playmakers and a lot of guys who are better than the shadow of their previous selves.

Now, all that said, our team is no doubt one of the best in the league. I just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves and start predicting stuff. YEAR IN and YEAR OUT, I hear the same thing. If you're a long time dolfan you know what I'm talking about...

"This is the year. We're going all the way this year."

Guys, please, it's not that I don't believe in our team but every year something happens to our pro-bowl caliber team that ends our season abruptly. We keep jinxing ourselves by gettin ahead of ourselves by predictin stuff. Last year is the perfect example. We were off to an amazing start and look what happened. Our starting quarterback had a measley injury... a broken thumb. Not a broken leg ala Joe Theismann, or a torn Achilles like Marino... A thumb. That little thumb cost us many a wins.

Just like that our season went down the tube. So please, keep that in mind and just don't jinx it for us. We know how good we are, and that should be enough. Things are looking too good. The last thing we need is a couple of busted 'thumbs'. Thanxs.

A fellow Dolfan.

i dont believe in jinxes..

you guys have an incredible team with no weaknesses on any level and everyone is in perfect physical condition, so therefore there should not be any injuries this year.

there is NO WAY you dont win it all this year. NO WAY!.. you guys are a LOCK to win the superbowl and go injury free.

congrats again in advance!!!

lol.. nice one Tatonka. Almost as slick as Griese's agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Funk....

It's still very hard to do however....Especially THIS YEAR.

We've all been there, and we know it's not smart to start chanting "Super Bowl Super Bowl" this time of year, but you've just got to feel it this year for some reason.....

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but IMO the current Phinz roster is as solid as I've ever seen it. The balance, and the new leaders we now have should certainly put us among the leagues finest.....

I'm not chanting Super Bowl yet, but I'm chanting "AFC CHAMPIONSHIP".....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:drinkers:

Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont believe in jinxes..

you guys have an incredible team with no weaknesses on any level and everyone is in perfect physical condition, so therefore there should not be any injuries this year.

there is NO WAY you dont win it all this year. NO WAY!.. you guys are a LOCK to win the superbowl and go injury free.

congrats again in advance!!!
Tatonka this is a Phins messageboard. there is no point to your sarcasm, especially in large doses. Please keep to reality or at least facts as much as possible - thanks.

I don't think we can claim any SB until the end of the season says we can, on paper there are probably a lot of team right now that look good, to include the Jills, I think we're excited about our team, because of the talent, but we had a talented team last year..unfortunately, outside of our starters, we were less than talented and it showed..I think Wanny has tried to address that this year..we have 3 starting caliber safeties, plus exstarter Shawn Wooden, we have 2 great CB's plus 1 very competent BU, plus a 1st rounder who showed a lot of improvement last year, plus lowe, and gamble...Our DT's has 3 starting caliber T's, our DE's are deep as hell, our LB's 2 pro bowlers, a competent 3rd and a 2nd round draftee who might be a steal..plus a draftee who may pay high dividents in Korey..That's just D..We now have to 2 capable QB's to run the show..A unproven but deep set of receivers who's showing a lot of promise..our ol showed what it could do in the 1st year of Norv's O..the #1 running Back from a year ago, a dangerous FB..and backs behind them who can get the job done..Mare is one of the best Kickers in the league..Our Ol has more depth, We have a KR, Punter in Rogers, plus, if they make it Baker or Newsom, what's not to get excited about....now if they can play up to their talent level and play together, with the Heart they lack last year, this team can go far, but it's up to the players now, the talent has been assemble..the coaching staff have to put them in the best situations they can, but the players have to execute...I'm excited about this year, I won't say we're going to the SB, because frankly I haven't studied other teams to see what they have as much as I've looked at the Fins...Maybe that something we need to do...some research on other teams...We know the AFCE pretty well, what about others we haven't looked at at much...I'll start and do a post on the NFCE since we play them this year..maybe some of you guys can research others we play and lets compare them on paper to us..because you really can't say we beat them until the actual game..We lost to 5 teams last year that didn't make the playoffs.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Tatonka this is a Phins messageboard. there is no point to your sarcasm, especially in large doses. Please keep to reality or at least facts as much as possible - thanks.

Thanks Dolphan39.

Originally posted by dolphan39

honest to god, i really dont understand why you guys are getting so bent out of shape.. i am not being rude or insulting anyone.. i am having a little fun..

if you guys could see some of the posts from a different persective, you might laugh too.

i know it is a phins board.. i am here because i like talking to other teams fans.. and most of you are very polite and can take a joke.. but if you didnt know i was a bills fans.. honestly.. my posts would fit right in.. that is what i think is funny.. you would see my posts and think.. yeah.. he could be right..

lighten up guys.. really. sheesh.

feel free to come to the billszone.com and tell me how the bills are going to go 16-0.. I PROMISE it will not offend me.

Bills 16-0? No way they do better than 15-1 ;)

Tatonka is right.......the sarcasm was warranted. EVERY team has holes, some more than others and to state otherwise is ignorant

But THIS year is different! Honestly! Hehe.

No I hear what your sayin and normally I'd agree and still do somewhat but I do know that over here in Tampa basically every year was their year, every year they were like "this is the year" and they too were disappointed every year and had a whole lot of talent. Then when they got Gruden they really sent a message throughout the team, organization, and everyone that THIS is the year. They gave up two 1sts and two 2nds, selling out their future. I asked my friend a Bucs fan why they would sell so much of their future for just a coach and he was like "Its obvious. We don't have a few years left. We have to make our run now while the talent is still all there"

And thats exactly what they did. So they had that "win now" mentality for a few years before they did finally did it, but I don't really KNOW that it was Gruden's arrival and coaching that did it so much as a combo of luck, and something finally clicking on that defense (mainly, Simeon Rice). I mean make no bones about it, they won a championship with a defense that was far better than it ever has been, and Gruden doesn't have the first clue about defense. Their offense was mediocre for NFL...no running game and a bad OL. I think Simeon Rice's arrival was the real catalyst because that gave them a genuine passrushing defensive end who generates pressure on his own and gets to the quarterback rather than guys like Marcus Jones who collect on the pressure generated by Warren Sapp, whose value to the defense you really can't emphasize enough IMO. And the secondary doesn't call for a whole lot of one on one coverage, allows everyone to read QBs eyes, and the front seven got so much pressure that it led to ridiculous amounts of interceptions.

If you gave Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain that ability, to read QBs eyes, and you beefed up our passrush even more than just Jason Taylor, we'd get a million turnovers too. Instead, we force people out on downs.

Originally posted by Tatonka

honest to god, i really dont understand why you guys are getting so bent out of shape.. i am not being rude or insulting anyone.. i am having a little fun..

if you guys could see some of the posts from a different persective, you might laugh too.

i know it is a phins board.. i am here because i like talking to other teams fans.. and most of you are very polite and can take a joke.. but if you didnt know i was a bills fans.. honestly.. my posts would fit right in.. that is what i think is funny.. you would see my posts and think.. yeah.. he could be right..

lighten up guys.. really. sheesh.

feel free to come to the billszone.com and tell me how the bills are going to go 16-0.. I PROMISE it will not offend me.

So tell me why you picked that particular post to instill your JOKE?

One day you post something slightly worthy of reading, AND I DON'T MEAN A GO DOLPHINS POST, then the next you post crap like this, on a post that, mearly states this is a damn good team but lets not get ahead of ourselves............

There is a reason why there is a smack forum on this site. For times such as this, when your in the mood to put the Dolphins fans in their place, on their message board. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom