Let’s Pull An Upset! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s Pull An Upset!

amazing we are still 6-6. Other teams that had injuries like ours are finished for the season and they have better qbs then Miami. Packers and falcons for example. Like I said before and Brian bellick just said with really good qbs and elite qbs your floor will only drop to seven or eight wins no matter the team weaknesses or injuries. We def know that from Marino. He played with crap teams and always got us 8 wins except for 1988 . Poor guy played with two hall of fakers entire career! I like tannehill but he doesn’t lift us up like elite qbs do. Amazing that we are still 6-6 with all these injuries. Credit to gase and the players!!

Gase has his faults such as hiring Burke, and some weird play calling. But he is a leader, the team plays so hard for him, and guys are generally open. Def. on board with him! If your not that’s okay but let’s get the upset anyway!

Let’s all pull for a big upset Sunday. Odds are stacked without x and crappy Larsen. But maybe tannehill and the offense can carry us! Phins up. Let’s go! Let’s ride !

This is the interesting part. They will be drafting ahead of us and watch them pull ahead of us next season while we remain perpetually 8-8. Like some said on this thread, we could be 8-4, but don't let that fool you. We are not a good team. We could easily be 4-8 or even 2-10. We have beaten bad teams and they have beaten themselves. We will not win this game, simply because it matters, we have a chance. We wilt under pressure; been doing it for years. We won last year simply because it did not matter if we won or lost. No pressure. Until we can get our players to play with that same attitude, I fear we are stuck in this mediocre land. Hope I am wrong, but this is what I have observed.

Lmao! Isn’t going to happen. How many games has a Gase offense put up 35 points outside of Peyton Manning?

On top of that, X is out! We are ****ed even more.
I didn't say it was going to happen. But that is what we need to score to win.

I hope it does happen though.

This is the interesting part. They will be drafting ahead of us and watch them pull ahead of us next season while we remain perpetually 8-8. Like some said on this thread, we could be 8-4, but don't let that fool you. We are not a good team. We could easily be 4-8 or even 2-10. We have beaten bad teams and they have beaten themselves. We will not win this game, simply because it matters, we have a chance. We wilt under pressure; been doing it for years. We won last year simply because it did not matter if we won or lost. No pressure. Until we can get our players to play with that same attitude, I fear we are stuck in this mediocre land. Hope I am wrong, but this is what I have observed.
That's a good point about playing under pressure. We don't win games that we need to win very often. Same about playing prime time games. Once in a while we win a game that make us feel we've turned the corner only to lay an egg the next week.

It could happen, I think it does. Go Fins! RT could have the best game of his career.

They aren't more talented imo. Just MUCH better coached

Okay I hate to post this and lord knows this is the first time I've pumped Brady, but isn't he getting ready to get the TD record over even Manning and Marino. Isn't QB is supposed to be the most valuable position? Wouldn't that mean they're more talented than a beat up Dolphins team that statistically, is inept?

Even putting aside our team injuries I'm not sure how you can say they aren't more talented.

On Offense:
Where are we more talented than the Patriots? QB? WR? RB? TE? OL?

On Defense:
We have 1 DB that you can say is more talented than any of theirs. However, Outside of "X" at what other position are we more talented?

Okay I hate to post this and lord knows this is the first time I've pumped Brady, but isn't he getting ready to get the TD record over even Manning and Marino. Isn't QB is supposed to be the most valuable position? Wouldn't that mean they're more talented than a beat up Dolphins team that statistically, is inept?

They've been more talented and better coached every time they come into our house. Hasn't stopped us from beating them here.

Let me clarify. Take away the injuries and by far the most glaring advantage is coaching. Yes they have areas (Oline) that are huge advantages but coaching can not be understated.

Back
Top Bottom