Lets Remember Charles Harris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Remember Charles Harris

What we forget is that he was mocked as a top 25 on most top mock drafts by "experts" in the Media. Most times, we fans, get mad because we draft a player, such as Raekwon Davis, Brandon Jones, Iggy Noah who were not high on these experts' mock drafts so we say we reached for the players. To be fair Charles Harris was pretty well touted coming into the Draft. Just didn't work out for us. Sometimes, it's the player's lack of fit to a system/scheme or the level of his desire to learn and contribute. Example, we let Robert Quinn, Tanneyhill, Minkah F. go because they probably did not fit our profile/scheme/system well according to our coaches/GM but they had great years last year and can be argued are Pro Bowl caliber players. What works for one team does not necessarily work for another.

He should have never been a first round pick but that wasn’t his fault. He just doesn’t have the skill set to play in the NFL and I will be surprised if he actually ends up making the Falcons final roster.

Hindsight is a bitch, ain't it? Unless you got a receipt for you wanting TJ Watt...

I had no idea who we should have drafted instead of Harris at the time, but I knew after looking at the information available and the comments the team made after drafting him that he was a bust. When a guy is drafted in the first round and the team comes out the gate talking about his character, watch out. That means the team valued the character aspect more than the football player aspect, and/or their opinion on character influenced their evaluation of the football player.

I wasn’t pounding the table but at the moment I had a preference. No receipt though.

Maybe it helps my credibility if I mention that I live in Wisconsin and have become a fan of the badgers over the last decade. So I actually was far more familiar with Watt than Harris

I lived in Wisconsin for about a year after college in the West Bend area. So GD cold...

my personal fav "highlight" of Harris was

doing his spin move 5 yards off the ball

with no one around!

Unsure if "it" worked

or not!
I’m glad someone else saw that. So embarrassing. “Black Ice” for me was because he spun in place like a tire on a car trying to get up a hill covered in it.

Charles Harris says our GM is fkn Clueless. How can you draft a guy mid-first round with nothing 'great' about him, physically or 'know-how'. He was of less value than Ruddock.
Anyone recall this past season when during a game you heard, “sacked by Harris!” - only to learn that it was a different Harris - a Street FA we signed in the parking lot. And then it set in that this dude already had 1/3 the career sacks for us as Charles.

What we forget is that he was mocked as a top 25 on most top mock drafts by "experts" in the Media. Most times, we fans, get mad because we draft a player, such as Raekwon Davis, Brandon Jones, Iggy Noah who were not high on these experts' mock drafts so we say we reached for the players. To be fair Charles Harris was pretty well touted coming into the Draft. Just didn't work out for us. Sometimes, it's the player's lack of fit to a system/scheme or the level of his desire to learn and contribute. Example, we let Robert Quinn, Tanneyhill, Minkah F. go because they probably did not fit our profile/scheme/system well according to our coaches/GM but they had great years last year and can be argued are Pro Bowl caliber players. What works for one team does not necessarily work for another.
Fair enough but those guys mentioned all proved they could play on an NFL level in their rookie years. Charles is in year 4 and the only reason he’s hanging around appears to be because of his draft position. I don’t follow college ball but when we picked him everything I read (including this board) said “reach” - he didn’t have any physical attributes that stood out so you had to hope he was one of these guys that had some other intangibles like a Zach Thomas that you just couldn’t measure. Turns out he didn’t and I don’t think he survives in the league much longer. The only thing I saw from a positive standpoint was last year in a preseason game he did dominate a 3rd or 4th string OT and I said, “ok that’s a sign - he should be doing that”. But he can’t make plays against 1’s and 2’s.

I didnt like the pick then and at this point just apathetic to the player in general.

Stop drafting MIZZOU kids.

Just my opinion from a Kansas kid.

This should be a caution to everyone counting on the haul this year to pan out... It's pretty scary how bad Grier whiffed on this pick. Plenty of talented players get derailed by various things. By all accounts, Harris was a hard worker with zero character issues or injuries. Harris just can't play at this level. How do you screw up the talent evaluation of a 1st round pick that bad??

Charles Harris may be a bust, but he is a good dude. No need to make him into an internet meme. Its not like he was a royal prick like Ryan Leaf or a druggie like Charles Rodgers.

Charles Harris was one of the best picks we’ve ever made.

If he had turned out to be a good player we might not have rebuilt this whole team from the ground up.

His failure was a major catalyst towards change for this franchise.

Back
Top Bottom