Lets say the dolphins manage a winning season this year..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets say the dolphins manage a winning season this year.....

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you think Ross has the balls to still fire Sparano and Crew? I know all you guys like me would say even if we won the Super Bowl this year we would still Fire Sparano and Ireland. Since there isnt much going on figured I start a discussion.

That would mean Sparano miraculously (and it would be a true miracle) learned how to coach. It would also mean Matt Moore turned out to be a franchise QB and Columbo was replaced by...well, anything. It would also mean the defense suddenly remembered how to defend, Sean Smith learned how to tackle...and cover, Nolan learned that Carrol ****ing sucks, and we signed a safety (any safety). And finally, it would require Ireland learning to be proactive in his roster moves rather than reactive.

Yeah, I'd be okay with the above scenario, because that's what it will take.

I don't think I would care. I mean I would be a billionaire so football wouldn't be that important to me then. I mean after winning 10 straight multimillion dollar lotteries (which I have as good a chance to do as the dolphins having a winning record this year) I would be out with, my then new wife Jennifer Love Hewitt, and not worried about football.

Wait,

You're actually saying that if the guy did EXACTLY what he's being paid to do, you would fire him?

With all due respect, you would make a VERY ****** boss.

IF Sparano were to pull it together and win the Superbowl, I give him an extension and one hell of a ticker-tape parade!!!

This has about as much a chance of happening as Obama has of being the Republican nominee next year.

What if?? hmm. What if we really don't exsist. What if we are really only the figment in the imagination of the alien being that came down and took over and destroyed the human race?? We are only a part of his (or her, don't want to be gender biased here) memory, and are here just to act out his fantasy?? Maybe he (or her) hates water because it is like his kryptonite and so in his fantasy he never lets teams that live or operate in water win the superbowl. That is why the dolphins, seahawks, vikings, and raiders have been so bad for so long. Lets start a thread about that. I mean we can do the "what if" game about any thing.

What if?? hmm. What if we really don't exsist. What if we are really only the figment in the imagination of the alien being that came down and took over and destroyed the human race?? We are only a part of his (or her, don't want to be gender biased here) memory, and are here just to act out his fantasy?? Maybe he (or her) hates water because it is like his kryptonite and so in his fantasy he never lets teams that live or operate in water win the superbowl. That is why the dolphins, seahawks, vikings, and raiders have been so bad for so long. Lets start a thread about that. I mean we can do the "what if" game about any thing.

:ponder:
:err:
:disapprove:

I think if the Fins showed some resolved and got it to 9-7 . . . that would be a pretty impressive job by Sparano and the team. I don't know if Ross keeps him though. He is still going to be facing a few blackouts and a fanbase that would still be hungry for a big name coach and QB from the draft.

I just look back to 2005 when Saban started 3-7 and got it to 9-7 . . . alot of expectations the next year and then we went 6-10 . . . I think ultimately that example could lead to a new coach, even if Tony got it together.

Now if he got the team into the playoffs, thats a whole other story, you gotta keep him.

Wait,

You're actually saying that if the guy did EXACTLY what he's being paid to do, you would fire him?

With all due respect, you would make a VERY ****** boss.

IF Sparano were to pull it together and win the Superbowl, I give him an extension and one hell of a ticker-tape parade!!!
Not sure if you are replying to me. The last sentence in my post indicated I'd be okay with the hypothetical happening and meant I'd keep him in that case, and only in that case. Zero chance of it happening, but I wouldn't be upset if it did.

I know all you guys like me would say even if we won the Super Bowl this year we would still Fire Sparano and Ireland.
What?
You'd fire a HC who lead your team to the Superbowl? :crazy:

Me thinks somebody is blinded by agenda.

Not sure if you are replying to me. The last sentence in my post indicated I'd be okay with the hypothetical happening and meant I'd keep him in that case, and only in that case. Zero chance of it happening, but I wouldn't be upset if it did.

Nope, I was actually pooh-poohing the idea that it's a forgone conclusion that Sparano gets fired, 4 games into the season, ESPECIALLY if he were able to win the Superbowl.

I think he's safe even if we only make the playoffs....and I don't think that's an impossible reality at all.

Playoffs with a winning season this year keep him anything less sell sell sell.

We have done this before. We won the AFCE in this regimes first year. Then what? So if the team finds something this year, it's because of the coach? I dont think so.
The fans will not forget the painful days between a Sunday loss to the next Sunday, which is a loss, to next Sunday, well, you get it.
Ireland and Sparano have left an ilk, a funk on the walls of Dolphin HQ. If Ross wants them back, so be it. But mostly all Fin fans know what LI and TS are. And they are not dynasty makers.

Back
Top Bottom