Let's Say We DO Get a DE@11.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Say We DO Get a DE@11....

If Chubb doesn't last and you had to pick another DE, who would you go for? Is Okowronkwo (?) Top 15? After which DE off the board do you say on to another position?

If Chubb doesn't last and you had to pick another DE, who would you go for? Is Okowronkwo (?) Top 15? After which DE off the board do you say on to another position?

the only other edge that would be worth it is davenport and Miami would have to alter some of how it goes about things up front not to miscast the kid out the gate

it wouldn't be the first time we've miscast a top 12 pick...you got to play that kid standing up a lot

I was impressed with his senior bowl game...he and josh allen should be the top 2 picks to come out of there

the one thing I will caution is I thought the senior bowl tackle play was lousy and so was the comp he played against...but there's too much talent and upside there in this class not to carry a top 10 grade

watch out for the jets at 6 with davenport that looks to be the ceiling and imo the most every down out the gate most bang for your buck fit...there's like no projection

Last edited:
The thing to keep in mind is that regardless of what they think of the QBs, they have utter faith in Tannehill's abilities. In that context it gets hard imagining a move toward a QB at 11.

KC fans may have thought the same with Alex Smith last year, yet the team dealt up for a quarterback. Smith and Tannehill have often bee
The thing to keep in mind is that regardless of what they think of the QBs, they have utter faith in Tannehill's abilities. In that context it gets hard imagining a move toward a QB at 11.

Probably more likely mid-round. But, it was probably a surprise to KC fans last year when the Chiefs dealt up for a quarterback. I know Alex Smith is older than Ryan Tannehill, but they are somewhat similar in skill set wise.

I don't think the Chiefs could be said to have had utter faith in Alex Smith considering how the contract negotiations went down when it came time to give him a new contract, and considering how they sold him off this year.

That's a pretty big difference, here.

I know this is unpopular but I like Arden Key from LSU, regardless of some thoughts about him.

If he is somehow still there at our 2nd pick, we had better nab him.

Riley Ferguson is the QB I want us to go after and we can probably get in the 6-7 rd. Perfect developmental guy you can let grow and develop because we all know what kind of QB T-hill is and that he is going to get hurt sooner rather than later.

Ferguson will probably go in the 4th round. No way he lasts that late in the draft.

FO thinks Charles Harris is a 3 down player. They payed Branch like a starter. What happens when Harris comes on this year. Who do they play where? Weak side? Strong side? Move Branch to base SDE?

FO thinks Charles Harris is a 3 down player. They payed Branch like a starter. What happens when Harris comes on this year. Who do they play where? Weak side? Strong side? Move Branch to base SDE?

Once Harris (hopefully) improves his play strength, he's absolutely a 3-down player. Draft Marcus Davenport and be set at the position for the next 5-10 years.

Back
Top Bottom