Lets start thinking Wild Card plus some optimism for the day! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets start thinking Wild Card plus some optimism for the day!

Despacio

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Division Leaders

Patriots
Steelers
Colts
Broncos

Wildcard

*Bengals 5-2
*Jets 4-3
Texans 4-3
Jaguars 3-3
Ravens 3-3
Chargers 3-3
Dolphins 2-4
Bills 3-4
Raiders 2-5
Browns 1-6
Chiefs 1-6
Titans 0-6

So give or take we're about two game out of that second Wild Card spot. I feel good about this team as a Wild Card team with a strong running game to last into the post season. The trick will be the fight to get there.

We’re halfway down the totem pole, but really just two games out. Here is the good news, we have ten games left, and we play the Jets again, Bills, Jaguars, and Texans. That’s four teams directly in our way. We win those and we get crucial tie-breakers in our favor. The loss to the Chargers could haunt us later, and the Bengals are playing too well to catch up to right now.

We also play the Titans, Panthers, and Bucs, three teams truly struggling this year. Point is we can still control things as long as we start avoiding heartbreakers like today and gain consistency. Miami has shown they can play up to any level, they just need the consistency. I mean we stop one more Manning drive and one more Brees drive and were sitting pretty at 4-2 with two wins against the NFL’s top three teams.

We were 2-4 last year as well and fought our way back to 11-5. Its possible, and a Wild Card is not out of the question yet. As for the Patsies, if we can play with the Saints for half a game, and hang on just a little bit in the second, we can do the same with the the Pats. Of course that’s if Ginn isn’t dropping passes and refs aren’t making subjective calls like that Camarillio forward pass penalty. How could they know that was his intent, are they psychic? I digress, but hang on Fin Fans, Coach Sporano does not go down easily.

Letting it all out on Fin Heaven is cathartic for me after losses like today. So don't hate on me too much for this post. I know, playoff thoughts in October? But we are nearly halfway done with another season so don't go all Jim Mora on me.

Back
Top Bottom