Lets take a poll. Who do you think will be our new Head Coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets take a poll. Who do you think will be our new Head Coach?

I really think Rivera is the best choice by a pretty damned wide margin, but Wayne is a name whore and is going to name Pete Carroll the coach. It shouldn't be shocking to me -- the last time around, Brad Childress was clearly the best candidate but name whore Wayne chose Saban.

Yea the Bidwells want to hire Rivera but Leinart and the players all want them to hire Norm Chow. I thought for sure they were going to hire Chow but I bet we hear Rivera named Cards coach sometime in the next couple days.

Yea the Bidwells want to hire Rivera but Leinart and the players all want them to hire Norm Chow. I thought for sure they were going to hire Chow but I bet we hear Rivera named Cards coach sometime in the next couple days.

I thought that the assistants currently coaching could not be hired until their team was out of contention. Isn't that true?

Don't post false info hoping to make it there. Honestly, that should be part of the TOS if you ask me.

too bad having a sense of humor wasn't part of the TOS

I thought that the assistants currently coaching could not be hired until their team was out of contention. Isn't that true?

Yea *brain fart* :lol: I guess it will be a couple weeks then, i'm surprised Rivera wasn't high on our list considering they are interviewing Tomlin, Pete Carroll etc... Maybe if Wayne gets wind of Arizona making a deal with Rivera he will try and one up them :lol:

I look at it this way ...

1. IF he goes college ... then Carroll is his man [I hope this is NOT option 1] but unfortunately, WH likes a splash of sorts - in landing the 'hot' commodity --- IF he really needs to go college, then stay in FL and get Meyer !!!! I'd take him over Carroll any day of the week !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. IF he goes OC \ DC ... then Wisenhut would have to be near the top of his list, followed by Rivera, Ryan and Cameron .... [I don't really like Cameron - not sure why, but I would take Rivera, Ryan and Wisenhut in that order] .... IF any of these would get 'talked' up enough, it would seal the deal -- but they aren't, so it brings us back to Carroll [ugggghhhhh]

3. IF he stays in house ... then Capers is his man [I doubt this, solely because of Capers record as a HC] Good owners won't chalk a large losing record to a 'bad' situation ... and neither will WH

I really think Rivera is the best choice by a pretty damned wide margin, but Wayne is a name whore and is going to name Pete Carroll the coach. It shouldn't be shocking to me -- the last time around, Brad Childress was clearly the best candidate but name whore Wayne chose Saban.
If you think CHildress was the best candidate in 2004, and that Rivera is the best candidate this time around, I'm sure glad you aren't picking our next head coach. I'm glad we passed on Childress and will be happy to see Rivera land elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom