Lets talk 2010 defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets talk 2010 defense

ronniebrown321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok so we just rid of joey porter which is great, we got cameron wake-channing crowder-jason taylor-rolento mcclain as our linebacker core. Mcclain should be brought in not only because of how bad our defense needs talent +youth but because how bad porter was. If we cant get rolento mcclain i still think we go defense. With vontae davis and sean smith holding the cb spot i think our biggest need other than a linebacker is fs. Gibril wilson is a backup at best. I dont think we go offense in the draft, too many free agents availaible to waste draft picks on offense. We need a jets type defense, look were the jets defense got them this year and yet we beat them twice!!!!! our offense is fine with acquiring some free agent wrs. GO DEFENSE In THE DRAFT PARCELLS.

sign Dansby and an elite NT
in the draft, i wouldn't mind trading down in the first and picking up a 2nd and taking B. Graham in the 1st and an ILB in the 2nd like Spikes

Nose tackle is our biggest need, football starts at the line, as of right now we are 1 player away from our defensive front being one of the higher elite depth filled defensive lines in not only the AFC but the NFL, they are all young with an average age of like 25. imho nose tackle is our primary concern.

I feel though our offensive line could probably use another guard or tackle, atleast for depth, it isnt a necessity compared to a few other positions, i would say its our 4th or 5th need so i wont go into it, but sparano is an offensive line guru and im sure he will make sure we have the protection and run support needed before anything. see above: football starts at the line

Linebacker is of course a major need for us, between Torbor, Moses, Ayodale, Crowder, Taylor, and Wake, i cant say i am totally happy. I like Quentin Moses Torbor, for depth and to be used when needed, i really do, though a lot of people dont, i do feel however, that with an aging Taylor, and somewhat one dimensional Cameron Wake and Channing Crowder, we are lacking.. we are lacking linebackers who can pass rush, stop the run, and arent horrible mismatches in coverages vs HBs/screens/TE's what have you.

I believe Cameron Wake has a lot to prove though, and i think he will have a break out year for us next year should he start, and if not he and Quentin Moses could be fine OLB depth. Taylor is Taylor and he will continue to produce as he has for as long as he can. Im sorry but i dont like channing crowder, hes out of position, and i dont really like him has an OLB, he is my least favorite dolphin to be honest.

However, i feel the OP is wrong, i dont think there is any chance Rolando Mcclain will fall to us, nor do i want to take him at the first spot. My choices would be Dez Bryant (who will prob also be gone) Who ever the best nose tackle is on the board, Maybe McCoy idk that many nose tackles, or one of the sacking Machine OLB's like Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham. other linebackers i like are Sean Weatherspoon who has over 300 tackles has 3 years of 100+ tackles per year, Brandon Spikes, though not one of the fastest would also be a decent selection but i wouldnt take him in the first i dont think.

As far as defensive backs go i am happy with Will Allen Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, you really cant ask for more there. At safety im sure everyone was content with Yeremiah Bell, he had an amazing season, maybe because of us getting beat so much deep, but it is what it is when u have 2 rookie CBs. I dont not by any means hate gibril wilson, i just feel he isnt a free safety, hes a SS. thats where he should have played but we have Bell and i like him more then WIlson. If wilson were cheaper i would say keep him, re negotiate, whatever. We also have, though unproven, a very young clemens, who were all waiting to see come up.

i dont feel like typing anymore. i only responded because i actually wanted to say the guy who we arent going to gets name is actually rolando mcclain not rolentino or whatever

nose tackle ? are u freakin kiddin me? we got jason ferguson. nose tackle is not a big need. Our secondary and linebacker core is biggest need. Than we work on our d line. what season were u watching, our secondary was just terrible this season, did u watch the saints game were we gave up for 30 points in the second half? we gave up those points in the secondary, not against the run.

id say what he need an upgrade most this offseason would be
1)ILB
2)FS
3) NT
4)Wr
5) OLB
im expecting at least # 1,2,5 to be addressed.

I don't think this team has a "biggest need". They have a lot of holes to fill and some of them are just as important as any other. This is why I would just take best player available in the draft as long as it's not an OT, CB, FB, or QB

id say what he need an upgrade most this offseason would be
1)ILB
2)FS
3) NT
4)Wr
5) OLB
im expecting at least # 1,2,5 to be addressed.
I'm kind of high on Hartline. I would switch WR and OLb and that's it. Otherwise I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Our biggest needs can't be determined until after free agency. Come draft day, certain holes some of us are mentioning may have been filled already. And with the Karlos Dansby rumors and even the Boldin trade rumors, ILB and WR may not be a need come draft day.

Based on age, I'd say that OLB and NT are and will be our biggest draft day needs. And I believe that one of those two positions will be our targets. Barring a top 10 player dropping, OLB is my guess at #12.

FS will all depend on what happens with Rolle in FA, could be another need.

from what I have gleaned from CKP et al this would be my favorite and realistic(seems every year we are gonna sign all the top FA's, they all wanna come to So Fla right)

new SOLB - Brandon Graham
new ILB - Dansby
new NT - Cam Thomas
new S - Clemons

that is very realistic and a sizeable turnover

I say that Clemons is not a bust, we cut Peezy and Gerbil and go HARD after Dansby

How great is it not to need a CB? Lets trade up and get Berry and have our secondary set for 12 years LOL

How great is it not to need a CB? Lets trade up and get Berry and have our secondary set for 12 years LOL

I would rather unleash hell with pass rushers than spend multiple picks on one player

a great secondary with no pass rush is bound to fail

We need Dansby. I want him in a fins uniform next year so bad....

Back
Top Bottom