Lets Talk About #40....s Ray Green. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Talk About #40....s Ray Green.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I expect in the papers tomorrow...that ALEX and CHRIS...will talk about the great play of S RAY GREEN, #40...in these past sessions.

GREEN made two interceptions in consecutive practices that both went about 65 yards the other way...for a TD. His defensive co-horts were all over him...and I saw WANNY himself go over to GREEN and shake his hand after the second one. Now....I must say.....that on both occassions....the balls were "telegraphed" by both Mcnown and this new guy....JAUQUE COUSTEAU...as what MARVEZ says...or ZAK KUSTOK...#7. Either way-----it was GREEN who reacted and made a perfect release on the ball...both times. He did not bobble or show any slowdown speed down the sidelines....it was just like one fluid motion both times.

Why the Dolphin brass likes him? Look at his size. He goes about 6'3 190. And he runs well...and can hit well. He was playing mostly with the third teams...and on the dime packages....but he was very active..on all reps.

I would definately say that as of right now....RAY GREEN is definately in the mix at the safety position.

If anyone can tell the board more about GREEN...what college..or what type of player he can be...please feel free and go ahead. He was definately one of the most notable players that stood out this mini-camp....
DCH

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I expect in the papers tomorrow...that ALEX and CHRIS...will talk about the great play of S RAY GREEN, #40...in these past sessions.

GREEN made two interceptions in consecutive practices that both went about 65 yards the other way...for a TD. His defensive co-horts were all over him...and I saw WANNY himself go over to GREEN and shake his hand after the second one. Now....I must say.....that on both occassions....the balls were "telegraphed" by both Mcnown and this new guy....JAUQUE COUSTEAU...as what MARVEZ says...or ZAK KUSTOK...#7. Either way-----it was GREEN who reacted and made a perfect release on the ball...both times. He did not bobble or show any slowdown speed down the sidelines....it was just like one fluid motion both times.

Why the Dolphin brass likes him? Look at his size. He goes about 6'3 190. And he runs well...and can hit well. He was playing mostly with the third teams...and on the dime packages....but he was very active..on all reps.

I would definately say that as of right now....RAY GREEN is definately in the mix at the safety position.

If anyone can tell the board more about GREEN...what college..or what type of player he can be...please feel free and go ahead. He was definately one of the most notable players that stood out this mini-camp....
DCH

DCH, that's good to hear that Ray is providing to be a pleasant surprise at the safety position as of now. Depth is something that is always needed, especially towards the end of the season. DCH, how did Arturo look? Did he make any good reads/and or plays on the ball?

The thing is, Ray has been playing CB, not safety. At least, that's the word I got at the Dolphins official sight. He's been playing CB and dime back. He is probably going to be the dime back this year. I guess they will wait and see if his future is going to be as a CB or as a S.

Green and Freeman were the starters at South Carolina during the 1999 season. Freeman played FS while Green played SS.

KB21...............

Originally posted by KB21
The thing is, Ray has been playing CB, not safety. At least, that's the word I got at the Dolphins official sight. He's been playing CB and dime back. He is probably going to be the dime back this year. I guess they will wait and see if his future is going to be as a CB or as a S.

Green and Freeman were the starters at South Carolina during the 1999 season. Freeman played FS while Green played SS.

I didn't know that. Thanks:goof:

Originally posted by KB21

Yup - I read that Fletcher and Green are competing for the nickel back position.

Back
Top Bottom