Let’s Talk About the Booth Review PI Call | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s Talk About the Booth Review PI Call

The only solution is to draft well and have a complete and talented coaching staff, to become undeniable. To basically become good enough to the point that the refs can't screw you.

There is that, but that's not foolproof. The real only solution is to be Goodell's buddy. Goodell only cares about $$ so you better sell a lot of jerseys to get that untouchable ref treatment.

Well they should just have all games start at 1pm. And then they can review every play, and have 9 hour games. I’m joking for those how don’t know. They need to get rid of this review already. You can call pass interference on close to 50% of all passing plays.

Pass Interference was not made reviewable because the NFL wants to improve officiating, make competition more fair, and ensure that egregious calls are overturned. The NFL doesn't make more money from those things.

The NFL made pass interference reviewable because the NFL wants more control over the outcome of football games.

My wife's a Browns fan and we were arguing who gets screwed the most. I told her "when they stop the game to make sure we get a penalty they might have missed , I win that argument"
I still can’t believe that non call turned into a call. And of course nobody really explained that. Just moved in because it’s Miami.

There is that, but that's not foolproof. The real only solution is to be Goodell's buddy. Goodell only cares about $$ so you better sell a lot of jerseys to get that untouchable ref treatment.
I know it's not bulletproof. But it's the only option to remedy that crap. I also know its easier said than done. But I notice that the top teams tend to get the benefit of the doubt calls more often than not. I just hope we finally have a coach that can get us there, along with better drafting.

I still can’t believe that non call turned into a call. And of course nobody really explained that. Just moved in because it’s Miami.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. I’ve seen much worse NOT be overturned after a review. Too much inconsistency with the PI reviews/calls.

Maybe its time to go to robots. I know that sounds like a joke, but it would take away the "fan" aspect of officials. Must be a lot of Patriot fans that become officials with the two, to three game-changing calls they get weekly.

The NFL is at an all time high as far as it being unwatchable. For an entertainment industry it is absolutely god awful in being entertaining. And I’m sure people will scoff that a Dolphins fan saying that. But even neutral games I don’t care who wins are just not fun to watch. Refs love to hear their voice in the stadium and determine outcomes. The game is so soft now that in a few years I’m sure sacks will be called as roughing the passer.

This PI reversal just adds to the list of bazaar reversals for the Dolphins. The two reversals that happened during time outs this season...one on a 4th down they said we made then we went to a commercial break and came back to them reviewing the play...not by challenge of the opposing coach...and re-spotting the ball short. And there was another play I can't remember exactly what it was.

I've never seen this happen before in any season.

This PI reversal just adds to the list of bazaar reversals for the Dolphins. The two reversals that happened during time outs this season...one on a 4th down they said we made then we went to a commercial break and came back to them reviewing the play...not by challenge of the opposing coach...and re-spotting the ball short. And there was another play I can't remember exactly what it was.

I've never seen this happen before in any season.
The other one you’re talking about, was it the one they reversed for a safety? I don’t recall if that was coach initiated or refs.

What's worse...The terrible PI call and reversal or those tripping "penalties" on dallas.

The other one you’re talking about, was it the one they reversed for a safety? I don’t recall if that was coach initiated or refs.
Might have been...think it was the Jets game and it was initiated by the refs.

Back
Top Bottom