Let’s Talk About the Booth Review PI Call | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s Talk About the Booth Review PI Call

This PI reversal just adds to the list of bazaar reversals for the Dolphins. The two reversals that happened during time outs this season...one on a 4th down they said we made then we went to a commercial break and came back to them reviewing the play...not by challenge of the opposing coach...and re-spotting the ball short. And there was another play I can't remember exactly what it was.

I've never seen this happen before in any season.
It really ticks me off that no official on the field thought there was a penalty but the NEW YORK office hands down a penalty that certainly gave the victory to the Jets.

I literally watched Emmanuel Sanders grab a cb and rip him away from the ball to get a clear path to the endzone and no PI was called, and commentors praising for such a great catch, then see our game deciding call that happens 99% of the time get no called, sent for a booth review and seal the game. No idea what PI is anymore.

Officiating is terrible, and sucks losing due to a penalty. But that was definitely pass interference you can’t wrap around, grab a receiver and turn him which Needham did. If that was the other way around I would be pissed we didn’t get the call. And last week we had a challenge on a non PI that got overturned against Devante Parker. Idk wtf the NFL was doing in the beginning of the year but the last few weeks they’ve been getting a little better on this. Still a lot of screw ups but hopefully they can eventually get this figured out (but always gonna be controversial and imperfect)

That saints game was fixed. Rules won’t change that kinda crap.
Don't think the Fins/Jets game wasn't "fixed" too.
The Jets didn't beat the spread, but they won the game, and that pays off on the "money line".

this is stupid. They fixed a missed call. If you all want to be mad, be mad at Needham who should have just made the tackle, or how about whoever the moron was that selfishly went for the INT at the beginning of the drive and gave up a 37 yard play. In this case, the booth review did exactly what it was implemented for, to get the correct call.

The problem I see is that it's a new process that is evolving during the regular season and the criteria for overturning a call has changed.

There was an outcry about plays that were clearly PI early on and not overturned and the past couple of weeks are now being called.

So what wasn't meeting the standard for overturning or implementing a PI the first half of the season now meets the standard. The inconsistency of the standard changing in midstream of the season is a bad look and particularly for teams that didn't get calls going their way early on and are now getting calls going against them.

In other words, this is just a typical way in which the NFL implements rule changes.

The problem I see is that it's a new process that is evolving during the regular season and the criteria for overturning a call has changed.

There was an outcry about plays that were clearly PI early on and not overturned and the past couple of weeks are now being called.

So what wasn't meeting the standard for overturning or implementing a PI the first half of the season now meets the standard. The inconsistency of the standard changing in midstream of the season is a bad look and particularly for teams that didn't get calls going their way early on and are now getting calls going against them.

In other words, this is just a typical way in which the NFL implements rule changes.
Yes, but even accounting for that it shouldn't have been reversed. Bottom line Riveron sucks at his job. He seems to have no idea what he's doing. It's like trying to teach a senile person how to do a new job. Just can't grasp it.

Silver lining of the loss, it might help Riveron get fired and Gase keep his job. Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom