Let's talk about the heat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk about the heat

Ruckus45

Club Member
Reaction score
So all I'm hearing this morning is how the heat was an unfair advantage for the Dolphins. That if it wasn't so hot the bills would have won. Perhaps true, but let's dig into this a little.

Yesterday was hot, sure. Yet last year vs the bills we had a temp of 87 with a heat index at 97. The year before, temp of 90 with a heat index of 102. The bills won those games and I don't recall players going down every 2 minutes due to the heat. I also don't recall bills fans wanting to call OSHA (which is pathetic, let's be honest)

So what changed? Well, the bills roster is fairly consistent (at least at key positions) over the last few years. Coaching staff is the same. So it's not as if they didn't know the heat was something to deal with.

That means, in my humble opinion, they just didn't prepare properly for this game. Perhaps some of them went out drinking this week. That certainly doesn't help. Perhaps they didn't drink enough pre game or in the first quarter. Perhaps they should have traveled down sooner like the pats did to get used to it (although research shows it takes a few weeks to get acclimated to a new climate). Regardless, that's on them. That's not the heat. That's like the Fins going to buffalo in December and not wearing cold gear or having coats and heaters on the sidelines.

So yesterday the Fins won a tough divisional game against a good team. Yep, the bills are still very good at football. However, so are the Fins. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out, but one thing is for sure - the failure to manage heat properly was on the bills staff.

It’s like complaining about losing a game in Denver, if the altitude wasn’t so high we would have won lol bills will have their advantage in December. It balances out. I’m sure San Francisco would have beat Chicago if they didn’t play in a typhoon lol

Denver and Miami probably have the best homefield advantages throughout the year because of heat and altitude

It’s like complaining about losing a game in Denver, if the altitude wasn’t so high we would have won lol bills will have their advantage in December. It balances out. I’m sure San Francisco would have beat Chicago if they didn’t play in a typhoon lol

Denver and Miami probably have the best homefield advantages throughout the year because of heat and altitude
That's true since both heat and altitude reduce the percentage of oxygen in the air. Noticeably too. Interesting but I don't remember seeing bills sucking oxygen on the sidelines. I do remember the pats doing that a lot.

It’s like they’ve never played in heat before. 😂.
They beat the Dolphins last year in that same heat to a tune of 35-0.
Plus they do this……

Ps. Think it was hotter when NE came into town week 1, don’t hear hide nor hair from the fans because of the weather, because they know it’s an advantage.

That's true since both heat and altitude reduce the percentage of oxygen in the air. Noticeably too. Interesting but I don't remember seeing bills sucking oxygen on the sidelines. I do remember the pats doing that a lot.
When Buffalo was winning in Miami every year since 2018, no complaints about the heat. Now they lose one game down there and the heat is an issue again lol

Back
Top Bottom