Lets talk wr's/ wr grades imo. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets talk wr's/ wr grades imo.

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
Yesterday i was slow at work and i spent most of my time watching everything i could on this wr class, some players i have watched several games and some just game highlights and low points so this is just my observation on a scale of 1-100

this WR class is very deep imo but there is no calvin johnson stud #1 but there are some very good #2s and a few that could turn out to be good #1s

1.justin hunter- (84) he has all the physical ability in the world and for a tall wr he is quick, has had some issues with drops but he is my #1 just based on raw talent and i wouldnt mind seeing him in a fins uni in 2013 (acl scares me a little)

2.cordarrelle patterson-(80) this guy is a little hard to evaluate he is not as fluid as hunter but his run after catch abilty is sick, they line this guy up at rb and he can cut on a dime, he might end up being the best out of this class or a guy that cant adjust to the nfl.

3.terrance williams-(78)-I really like this kid and he can be a solid #2 but i dont see him being a #1 he runs crisp routes and adjust to the ball good. solid player but doesnt scream im a beast.

4.keenan allen-(78)- i know everyone loves this kid but as i watched this guy play i just didnt see his game translating to the nfl not sure why becasue he is electric but seems to be more of a possession wr, to me he is smooth but not very sudden and goes down easy. nice #2 imo.

5.robert woods-(77)- i like woods he seems a little off in 2012 not as explosive but his 2011 tape is better, maybe he is injured but the kid can play. he doesnt have blazing speed but is a good route runner and has soft hands. his partner lee is a freaking best and would be #1 on my list fyi.

6.cobi hamilton-(77)-sleeper alert, played on a bad team but he is fast (listed at 4.58 but plays faster) big 6'3 and i think he can be a starter for a team at some point. would be a steal in the 3rd.

7.tavon austin-(80)- i like his game but he is just small, if you need a fast slot guy he is #1 on the board he is ranked 80 for his position because he will play the slot and contribute, please dont let him go to the patriots.

8.deandre hopkins- (77)- needs to improve his stance on the line he is hunched over, is very quick and he can start in this league if he works hard and improves his fundamentals. i like him alot talent wise.

9.markus wheaton- (75)- wow this guy is big and can fly great hands, havent seen much of him but my guess he will be drafted higher than alot of these guys based on speed.

10.steadman bailey- i know his numbers are crazy but i cant rate him because i havent watched enough film.

others that have caught my eye jordan matthews wr from vandy 6-3 200 4.5 with good hands. im sure there are some i didnt mention sorry if i didnt hit on your player i only had so much time.

to sum this up there can be some real good wr's had in the late 2nd early 3rd but if the dolphins want a stud #1 wr they might want to look in free agency and draft a couple of these guys in the mid rounds and develop them.

oh i forgot the guy from virginia tech looks to have tons of potential marcus davis 6-4 230 4.45

I love Justin Hunter as well, but am a little concerned with that injury. For that reason, I might put Cordarelle Patterson #1. He gives you want you want from a WC receiver, the ability to make players miss in the open field. Keenan Allen also has run after the catch ability and is just a smooth guy. Not a big fan of Robert Woods, very intrigued by Tavon Austin and Markus Wheaton as guys who can stretch the defense. The thing about this class, that you mentioned, is there isn't that true #1. From a physical standpoint, Hunter is the closest.

Although we need to draft at least 2 WR's within the first 5 rounds, unless they trade down in the 1st round I don't see a WR with a grade worth our pick (somewhere in the 7-13 range). We need so much help I think we go with quantity or quality at WR in this draft.

For god's sake, how stupid do we look throwing fade and go routes to Davon Bess after the last few weeks.

Although we need to draft at least 2 WR's within the first 5 rounds, unless they trade down in the 1st round I don't see a WR with a grade worth our pick (somewhere in the 7-13 range). We need so much help I think we go with quantity or quality at WR in this draft.

For god's sake, how stupid do we look throwing fade and go routes to Davon Bess after the last few weeks.
When you're throwing deep to Bess it shows you have questions at wide receiver. I think a nice scenario might be a trade down, grab a wr or Eifert and get another 2nd rounder. Then again, maybe now we are getting in position for one of the top pass rushers. Dolphins rarely get in position for that elite talent and I wouldn't pass up an elite player for more picks.

When you're throwing deep to Bess it shows you have questions at wide receiver. I think a nice scenario might be a trade down, grab a wr or Eifert and get another 2nd rounder. Then again, maybe now we are getting in position for one of the top pass rushers. Dolphins rarely get in position for that elite talent and I wouldn't pass up an elite player for more picks.

I would prefer to draft Werner or T'eo and then trade up to get back in the first round and draft Hunter.

I would prefer to draft Werner or T'eo and then trade up to get back in the first round and draft Hunter.

I would prefer the best defensive player we can get in round 1, then take one of the leftovers Rd 2a. WR is a crapshoot.

i think patterson and allen are the best fit for our wco. i would like to get one of the two and a burner to take the top off the d, whether through the draft or fa

Keenan Allen is IMO that #1 stud type of wr we need. Allen really reminds me of Brandon Marshall. Mainly because of the moves that he makes after the catch. For a guy his size he's freakishly smooth and is always aware of where defenders are.

I like hunter a lot to, he is a lesser version of AJ green IMO. Lacks the precise route running and elite hands but has an almost identical build as well as tr presence of deceptive deep speed and lack of short are quickness. But the frame on this kid makes him a great red zone target.

I think that Allen and hunter are the only two legit #1 wr options.

After them it goes Hamilton, Patterson, Dobson, Patton, woods, Williams.

I agree with most everything the OP said with the exception of keenan allen. IMO allen is not a possession receiver at all. He definitely has the ability to make defenders miss in open space, which is the main reason why cal used him as their punt returner. His film is definitely is not as good this year due to the cal's offense in general being terrible, and allen being the only real threat on that offense, resulting in allen getting all the coverage rolled his way. In the game vs stanford. Allen was bracketed in man coverage everywhere he went. and in zone you could see that he definitely got the most attention, even got triple covered a few times. he also has one of the worst college QB's that i have seen in some time. and that's not an exaggeration

Markus Wheaton is a really solid WR, comparable to Robert Woods. He'd be a great 3d rd pick. I'm not sure if he's coming out but an interesting later round flyer would be Josh Huff from Oregon. Very quick and speedy, great in the return game, and creates his own space.

I like that you bring up Jordan Matthews. He's a talented kid who will grade out high in this receiver class if he declares early... one of my underrated underclassman in my thread prior to the season. Another local kid that I was able to watch on occasion in high school when he played here for Madison Academy. Tavon Austin is the only receiver who can do what Patterson can do with the ball in his hands, except Patterson is 6" taller and has 30 pounds on Austin. I certainly agree that Patterson is a kid who has the ability to end up the best in this class, or struggle to adjust to the NFL. However, the potential for struggling to adjust at the next level applies to all of 'em.... the potential to be the best in the class doesn't apply to all of 'em.

Draft Keenan Allen, then move up for Cordarelle Patterson or Justin Hunter...how does the next DECADE look all of a sudden?? We need to make that kind of splash on Offense, we´re completely STALE, Moore is crap, Mathews is crap, Hartline has a ceiling...I´d try to hit on a CB, S, and pass rusher later, but if it was up to me, I´d go that route!

Back
Top Bottom