Letting go of Tua=Drew Brees curse? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting go of Tua=Drew Brees curse?

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx

Active Roster
Reaction score
I almost feel like we are being tested again but this time with Tua. The qb comp he received from alot of people was drew Brees. Its just fitting that Saban and the dolphins were involved with both of these guys but this time we are being given a second chance to see if we've learned from the past. Will we let go of Tua and have him end up being one of the greatest qbs ever like Brees just because we didn't have the patience to wait?

I almost feel like we are being tested again but this time with Tua. The qb comp he received from alot of people was drew Brees. Its just fitting that Saban and the dolphins were involved with both of these guys but this time we are being given a second chance to see if we've learned from the past. Will we let go of Tua and have him end up being one of the greatest qbs ever like Brees just because we didn't have the patience to wait?
Jesus ****ing Christ, curses now?? **** this season can’t end soon enough

Tuas talent isn't what worries me, its his durability.

If Tua was on the Saints Roster from 5 years ago, I believe he would do well. Not as good as Brees but I think he would do pretty well sure.

But he isn't Brees and its kinda absurd to compare Tua to the All Time NFL leader in Passing yards.

If Tua gets hurt again then that's when a lot of fans and people in the front office are going to get impatient with Tua.

If Tua gets hurt again then that's when a lot of fans and people in the front office are going to get impatient with Tua.
Instead of spending like $40M in salary cap on our DBs (it’s probably more tbh) said front office could have built a decent OL to protect our QB. We did the same thing to Tannehill for years; he just happened to be one tough SOB. I’m more frustrated that we don’t have a single quality vet on our OL that can lead our young draft picks, than upset with Tua being hurt.

No, We’ll let go of him if he doesn’t blossom into what we expected when we took him over Herbert…and if he continues his 4 year run of injuries going back to Alabama!

You have to be honest with yourself!

Tuas talent isn't what worries me, its his durability.

If Tua was on the Saints Roster from 5 years ago, I believe he would do well. Not as good as Brees but I think he would do pretty well sure.

But he isn't Brees and its kinda absurd to compare Tua to the All Time NFL leader in Passing yards.
Yes…and it’s kind of irritating how after Marino this organization has so badly missed picking great quarterbacks they easily could have had!

11 games into his career and already talking about letting him go… lol Tua has atleast this year and next until any decision is made. Next years qb class is awful and the more time that passes on Watson, the more likely he never plays again.

I'm going to be brutally honest here, as one of his biggest fans in college and pre-draft:

Once he comes back from this injury, if he gets hurt and has to miss time again this year, I'd be 100% done with him.

11 games into his career and already talking about letting him go… lol Tua has atleast this year and next until any decision is made. Next years qb class is awful and the more time that passes on "he whom shall not be named", the more likely he never plays again.

Tua has THIS year and THIS year only. We joke and sometimes hate on some members of the front office and coaching staff (mainly on the offense) but they are professionals and they are not blind that the offense is struggling and holding us back. And the biggest difference maker on any offense is at the QB position. The O line is SEVERAL positions. A with a QB like Wat son being available for trade, it would be dumb not to take advantage of a rare opportunity.

11 games into his career and already talking about letting him go… lol Tua has atleast this year and next until any decision is made. Next years qb class is awful and the more time that passes on "he whom shall not be named", the more likely he never plays again.

I think that's a stretch, but I do agree that he has this entire 17 game season to make his full impression. If the QB position is still questionable after the season, I don't think they'd target a rookie to begin with. They're going to acquire a veteran.

Bring Gardner Minshew in to compete if Tua doesn’t prove himself This season.

Back
Top Bottom