Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker

If we had not spent 10 million for Cutler we would not be having all these Landry discussions. In hindsight, it was a huge "Brees" level blunder. Hopefully after all the posturing and negotiations they will settle for 12 million/year. The guaranteed money will be large and defining part of the contract.

Landry is going to light it up for someone else. NE isn’t going to be a threat for much longer but the team that Landry goes to very well could be. Hell, Landry looked pretty good with Alex Smith throwing to him.

Unreal! He looked good in a PRO BOWL game? You can't seriously be using that as a foundational rationale for this post. A PRO BOWL "GAME?"

Unreal! He looked good in a PRO BOWL game? You can't seriously be using that as a foundational rationale for this post. A PRO BOWL "GAME?"
And Brandon Marshall scored 4 TD's in a pro bowl game. It means nothing

Ozzy rules!!

And Brandon Marshall scored 4 TD's in a pro bowl game. It means nothing

Ozzy rules!!

I wouldn't put Landry in Marshall's category. Because, Marshall, on some occasions, can actually dominate a game!

Landry sometimes wins a slant route or beats his man for a 3rd down conversation.

It's a joke to say Landry and Marshall have the same ceiling when it comes to dominating a game.

I wouldn't put Landry in Marshall's category. Because, Marshall, on some occasions, can actually dominate a game!

Landry sometimes wins a slant route or beats his man for a 3rd down conversation.

It's a joke to say Landry and Marshall have the same ceiling when it comes to dominating a game.
I'm not comparing the two. What I'm saying is that a pro bowl doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty much agreeing with you but maybe I phased it the wrong way

Ozzy rules!!

I'm finally realizing there will be a new Landry thread every couple days rehashing the same old same old. To the draft forum I go.

Only difference is we'll get nothing if he goes - Welker got us a draft pick

My question is why would you let one of the leagues best possession receivers go for close to nothing?

Because we don't have the team around him to justify it, we have too many needs to become relevant
We don't want to run our offense through the slot receiver
As you stated ...he is a possession receiver can't stretch the field
He is not a game changer...doubtful any DC stays awake at night wondering how to defend him
As stated a couple of times already....we can be just as mediocre without him and have more cap room
His leadership is questionable....childish antics IMO

These are reasons off the top of my head...he's a good receiver no doubt....but I can't justify paying top receiver money to him....8-10million or find someone else that can help us float around the bottom of the league offensively

The point I was eluding to is that Landry is more than a bubble screen or slot WR. Landry with a real QB and real play calling; he will dominate. But, I understand that this consept is over your head.

The point I was eluding to is that Landry is more than a bubble screen or slot WR. Landry with a real QB and real play calling; he will dominate. But, I understand that this consept is over your head.

Please stop! Landry NEEDS a "real QB" AND "real play calling" in order to dominate. First, I suppose, the players that are currently in the league and that are currently dominating are only doing so because they have a "real QB" and "real play calling."

Second, I guess only a player like Landry can benefit from those things. Other players that currently aren't dominating wouldn't benefit at all from having those factors.

The only way Landry can dominate is by having the best of everything.

Got it!

I too believe we should try to resign him to a fair deal. That means 11M per. If he wants Antonio Brown money then forget it.

The argument that his YAC and TDs are low are more a product of this offense if you ask me. While he will never be a YAC monster, I look for his numbers to go up once he leaves.

The Pats never paid a lot for their players. I think it took Brady 10 years to crack the double digit millions.
Landry may end up with a team who gets fooled by his artificial production which was a result of us not having a RB with catching ability and no decent and consistent TE who could catch a pass.

He also won't fit the Patriots because he is as dumb as a doorknob.

Someone will overpay. I hope it is not us.

He will not. He will get lost. The guy was working of a preseason training camp playbook while in regular season. He will limit offenses to what they can do. Why do you think the Dolphins are holding out?

This stinks :( Landry is my favorite dolphin , except Ricky Williams comes first! :)

Back
Top Bottom