Levi Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Levi Brown

Anyone who says the 40 yard drill is a good thing for a tackle is absolutely wrong. For a guard who has to pull I'd say its far more important. As a tackle you arent running anywhere 95% of the time, it's your base and footwork that matter.

Tell that to the tackles which JT so often blows right by because they're too slow to keep up with his fast movement coming from the outside.

Tell that to the tackles which JT so often blows right by because they're too slow to keep up with his fast movement coming from the outside.

Uhhh that has nothing to do with 40 yard dash speed. Thats footwork like I mentioned. (And lateral movement)

How fast a lineman can run 40 yards has little to no effect on a game.

I'm not too concerned about a O-lineman's 40 time unless we decide to split him out wide to recieve.... :rolleyes:

Uhhh that has nothing to do with 40 yard dash speed. Thats footwork like I mentioned. (And lateral movement)

How fast a lineman can run 40 yards has little to no effect on a game.

When the DE gets behind him lets see how much bearing it doesn't have on the game or maybe the idea is that the DE will never get to his side or behind him because of his awesome footwork. It's not just lateral movement, overall speed (of which the 40-time gives a partial indicator of) is very important. Also unless the person is a crab, how fast they move laterally lends a lot to how fast they are overall.

Back
Top Bottom