Levi Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Levi Brown

krazikarl

Well now, guess what, this is happening.
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: This is assuming Quinn doesn't fall to us at 9 (if he does, we run to the podium with a Brady Quinn draft card as soon as Houston has announced their terrible mistake).

Anyhow, on to the subject of this post...LEVI BROWN.

Why is anyone on this board even talking about anyone else?

Team's biggest weakness: OLine. (especially the left side. in addition to our LT woes, jeno james is finished).

Second most important position on offense: LT.

Positions that require top $ if you want a good player there (ie: quality players cannot be found for cheap, so it's worth drafting this position high and paying them the money): QB, LT, CB (argument can also be made for DE here).

Most common denominator amongst the most successful LTs (Boselli, Ogden, Brown, Pace, McKinney, McNeill): 4 year starters (or 3 if they left early) at big time programs who were.

We should've taken McNeill last year (i know there was fear about his back holding up), let's not repeat the mistake this year.

Here's wishing we hear the following on April 28, 2007:

With the ninth pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select: Left Tackle from Penn State, Levi Brown!

I dunno he ran a 5.39 at the combine and thats not a good sign.

If its not Quinn, then i think that would be great!!!

Anyhow, on to the subject of this post...LEVI BROWN.

Why is anyone on this board even talking about anyone else?

Team's biggest weakness: OLine. (especially the left side. in addition to our LT woes, jeno james is finished).

Second most important position on offense: LT.

Positions that require top $ if you want a good player there (ie: quality players cannot be found for cheap, so it's worth drafting this position high and paying them the money): QB, LT, CB (argument can also be made for DE here).

Most common denominator amongst the most successful LTs (Boselli, Ogden, Brown, Pace, McKinney, McNeill): 4 year starters (or 3 if they left early) at big time programs who were.

We should've taken McNeill last year (i know there was fear about his back holding up), let's not repeat the mistake this year.

Here's wishing we hear the following on April 28, 2007:

With the ninth pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select: Left Tackle from Penn State, Levi Brown!
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Brown. Last month I was think Okoye or Branch but if Brown is available at 9 I don't think we have a choice.

DISCLAIMER: This is assuming Quinn doesn't fall to us at 9 (if he does, we run to the podium with a Brady Quinn draft card as soon as Houston has announced their terrible mistake).

About the whole Quinn discalimer, I disagree. If Quinn falls to nine then I would hope R MUeller is on the horn fielding calls and listening intently.
I would much rather him see package a deal then select Quinn.

Tell me why speed matters for an offensive lineman? If Quinn doesn't fall, I agree 100% that we draft Brown. Here's hoping we can snag Kalil in the 2nd too.

You're right, it's a terrible sign. He won't be effective running the deep post or go routes; we'll have to keep him limited to curls and other short patterns.

Amen to that.

If Quinn, Thomas, or Brown is available, I don't see how the Phins could pick anyone else.

No worries. When does an LT have to run 40 yards? I'm more concerned with his 10 yard split or how he looked in the cones.

Yep. This is so crazy. It's like not drafting Thomas b/c he didn't bench press enough. :lol:

Sorry , but a 5.39 is a bad indicator for a LEFT TACKLE. Carey projected as a left tackle and ran a 5.3 and he never made the transition. It's a weird position left tackle. You need really quick feet.

Sorry , but a 5.39 is a bad indicator for a LEFT TACKLE. Carey projected as a left tackle and ran a 5.3 and he never made the transition. It's a weird position left tackle. You need really quick feet.

Position drills will show his foot speed, not the 40 yard dash.

What the heck does quick feet have to do with the 40 yard dash? Seriously. Is that lateral drill (the one where some dude holds a football and moves it to different positions and the lineman must move) more indicative. IMO>

Anyone who says the 40 yard drill is a good thing for a tackle is absolutely wrong. For a guard who has to pull I'd say its far more important. As a tackle you arent running anywhere 95% of the time, it's your base and footwork that matter.

Back
Top Bottom