LG and RT the same guy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LG and RT the same guy?

Every time I see the name “Eichenberg”, a chill runs down my spine.

I’m hoping he gets cut, just so there’s no chance he takes the field for this team in 2023.

Every time I see the name “Eichenberg”, a chill runs down my spine.

I’m hoping he gets cut, just so there’s no chance he takes the field for this team in 2023.
Not even backup guy?
We traded up for him and got him early second round (if my memory is correct). That should make the FO be resistance to cutting him. Not sure about cap/money/etc.

Not even backup guy?
We traded up for him and got him early second round (if my memory is correct). That should make the FO be resistance to cutting him. Not sure about cap/money/etc.
It’s just a dream - I don’t see him being cut, unfortunately. He is flat-out horrible, though.

Not even backup guy?
He certainly wasn't worth trading up for, but I do think he'd be a functional back-up. I don't see as much position flexibility as I'd like in a back-up, but he was clearly developing as a G. He's never going to be dominant, but he was becoming increasingly consistent and reliable.

I have always wondered how teams miss so badly so many times.
Tape review, the combine, meeting with the player, multiple people scouting, group meetings……
It is, I guess obviously, really hard to predict.

I have always wondered how teams miss so badly so many times.
Tape review, the combine, meeting with the player, multiple people scouting, group meetings……
It is, I guess obviously, really hard to predict.

Anything dealing with humans is full of uncertainty. There are always factors that can't be measured. Take Iggy. Apparently did well enough in all the measurables to be a R1 pick. Further back, 'Jonny football.' NFL draft is littered with failures by every team. I'll be saying on my deathbed, most (all?) day 1 picks fail due to the mental part. Pro football is a very complex sport requiring on field analysis, mastering technique, and split second reactions.
teams have to project all those measurables as well as the unmeasurables. I'm hoping Liam finally 'gets it,' but his body of work isn't encouraging.

Totally agree with the last two comments. I think it sometimes gets forgotten that these are very young men. How they will adapt both physically and mentally is a huge unknown.

And some may take longer to develop than others.

Also the situation each player gets drafted into. It’s painful to think about how many careers never really got started because players were drafted into terrible team situations.

Back
Top Bottom