Liam Eichenberg taking snaps at center during offseason program | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Liam Eichenberg taking snaps at center during offseason program

Interesting.

Cue the lemmings to bellyache moving Connor back to OLG. /s?
He is taking snaps simply because Williams hasn’t been at practice. With Deiter no longer on the roster, they are just trying to determine if Eichenberg could be a backup for Williams if Williams misses any games during the season.
I don’t think they intend to move Williams back to LG since he was one of the top centers in the NFL last season.

Last edited:
Intelligence is the key to the center position. Physically it is usually the least gifted position.
IDK. Yes he has to be really smart. The best OLs usually have a very athletic guy at the position. Dwight Stephenson was more athletic than our TEs of that era. They have to be able to cover space to pick up blitzes in the gaps, get upfield to block etc. I just see Eich as a guy who’s stiff as a pressure treated 8x8…that’s been wrapped in steel..:and then dipped in molten lead…

like some already said, can’t read too much into it. Nothing wrong with him taking snaps there at this point.

IDK. Yes he has to be really smart. The best OLs usually have a very athletic guy at the position. Dwight Stephenson was more athletic than our TEs of that era. They have to be able to cover space to pick up blitzes in the gaps, get upfield to block etc. I just see Eich as a guy who’s stiff as a pressure treated 8x8…that’s been wrapped in steel..:and then dipped in molten lead…
Basically a human M&M.

It's not like he could do any worse than he did at guard.

Back
Top Bottom