Liam Eichenberg taking snaps at center during offseason program | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Liam Eichenberg taking snaps at center during offseason program

I like Eichenberg but so far he’s not shown me anything to suggest he should be an NFL starter. And I don’t think he’s a very good fit in a zone blocking scheme. Will not be surprised if Wynn takes his job at LG, and Eichenberg ends up serving as the backup swing tackle.

It would help our team alot if he stepped up. Listening to Wingfield podcast, Wynn made some impressive blocks.
I expect Wynn to push for a starting spot

IDK. Yes he has to be really smart. The best OLs usually have a very athletic guy at the position. Dwight Stephenson was more athletic than our TEs of that era. They have to be able to cover space to pick up blitzes in the gaps, get upfield to block etc. I just see Eich as a guy who’s stiff as a pressure treated 8x8…that’s been wrapped in steel..:and then dipped in molten lead…

Damn, you see all that?

I just see a guy who sucks.

Why the F is Connor not in camp? Does anyone know? He needs to be there
The talk is he's sending a message to get a new contract. This is most likely his last year in Miami, he was top 10-15 at guard and now holding the same level at center. He's set to get paid big on the open market barring injuries this season.

At this point they're just throwing **** against the wall and hoping it sticks with Ike.

Why the F is Connor not in camp? Does anyone know? He needs to be there
The camp is voluntary and no player is actually required to be there. As long as he shows up for mandatory practices is all that is really important.

I'm of the opinion this is his last opportunity to make the 2023 roster. Backup C/LG. Man, was I wrong about him.

Guy has no guaranteed money left, and actually saves Miami $1.4mm toward the cap if he's cut.

Back
Top Bottom