Lighten the load? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lighten the load?

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Reaction score
Lets say we draft RB. After problems with Williams getting too many carries, do you think we will lighten the load of our RB this year esp considering he's a rookie?

ih8brady said:
Lets say we draft RB. After problems with Williams getting too many carries, do you think we will lighten the load of our RB this year esp considering he's a rookie?

This won't be Wanny ball dude. The offense will be totally different!

Well first of all we wont run the ball as much and second we have a bunch of good RBs and no elite RB so maybe they will end up splitting carries taking care of different situations like Sammy Morris doing goal line Lamar Gordon like a pass situation back and maybe Barber III carrying the 1-2 downs.

Joey 22 said:
Well first of all we wont run the ball as much and second we have a bunch of good RBs and no elite RB so maybe they will end up splitting carries taking care of different situations like Sammy Morris doing goal line Lamar Gordon like a pass situation back and maybe Barber III carrying the 1-2 downs.

We dont have an elite back now, but that could all change with #2 pick in the draft. And I dont think we can let the Ricky situation affect how much we run the ball. We have a different offense and we have Gordon to rest the starter but Im not worried about it. What happened with Ricky was a fluke thing and it was more than just him getting the ball a lot.

Whoever it is he wont be a WAD type of back.I envision a RB who receives as much as he rushes.

Yes Marion Barber III if we dont draft some one in the top 3, if we draft any of the big 3 then he is gonna take the load.

I have a gut feeling that we will draft Smith with the 2nd pick. In Lienhans offense, he doesnt have a RB that carry's the load. So we will drafta RB in the 3rd that is small and fast while Gordon will split time with him.

PhinDude88 said:
I have a gut feeling that we will draft Smith with the 2nd pick. In Lienhans offense, he doesnt have a RB that carry's the load. So we will drafta RB in the 3rd that is small and fast while Gordon will split time with him.

why do people keep saying this? Minn kept drafting RBs because they wanted to find a guy to carry the load. When Bennett was healthy he carried the load and made the pro bowl. They had a committee approach because they had to do to injuries and drug suspensions. His offense here wont be the same as his offense in Minn either, we dont have Culpepper or Moss so he has to treak it a bit.

There is people like Gruden saying he can catch and run routes better than the second tier WRs.

jamal lewis is a good example. every time he has a good year, he is to tired to even go to the bank. so he goes on to the street and sells sum drugs to get some money!!:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom