"like I said", Karlos Dansby needs to go! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"like I said", Karlos Dansby needs to go!

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
http://phinphanatic.com/2012/08/27/will-dolphins-karlos-dansby-be-next-veteran-out-the-door/

•Overpaid
•Underachiever
•Bad leader

These are the things that come to mind when I think about Karlos Dansby. We thought we were getting a linebacker with integrity, that could sack the QB and could also cover TE's. What we ended up with was Channing Crowder part 2. Not making enough plays to warrant your contract is 1 strike, calling out Joe Philbin is 2 strikes, and sitting out of practice seemingly to show your displeasure because we cut Chad Johnson is the last strike. Get rid of this loser already! We don't need players who don't take their off-season conditioning seriously. We will be better off without him. If the message wasn't already sent with Vontae that you can either get down with the program and the way we are currently operating, or you don't have to and will be kicked out the ******* door no matter who you are, what we think you might be able to do in the future, or what you've done elsewhere in the past.

At the end of the day, the final destination is greater than the sum of parts that will take us there. And it's either our way or the highway! And I think it's time Karlos takes the nearest exit route out of town.

I tried to read but that sig pic of yours is mesmerizing. So yeah... onboard with whatever you're saying, man.

I agree. He's overpaid, overrated, and needs to close his mouth. For the money we pay him, I want Ray Lewis in his prime.

•Overpaid
•Underachiever
Bad leader

I'll give you the first two but I think Dansby's teammates disagrees with you. If Dansby was such a bad leader, his teammates would not have voted him the Don Shula Leadership Award two years in a row.

If he goes he teammates will go beserk but I for one would not mind if they had someone who could replace him.

Dansby is a good team guy, not a clown either, but yes everything else is wrong with him

I'll give you the first two but I think Dansby's teammates disagrees with you. If Dansby was such a bad leader, his teammates would not have voted him the Don Shula Leadership Award two years in a row.
Are these the same teammates that voted Matt Moore team MVP last year?

If so that explains a lot.

I actually like Dansby and to be honest , I think he wants to be run out of town, me no thinks he likes philbins... So he's trying to get the boot

Dump him for a 4th, we need more picks and getting rid of that bloated contract is nice too. Then we would have a 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths, and a ton of cap space.

Dump him for a 4th, we need more picks and getting rid of that bloated contract is nice too. Then we would have a 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths, and a ton of cap space.

imo i would keep him this year (because to close to season) but as soon as the season was over i would try and trade him and if we couldnt then i would ask him to restructure his contract (one that is a little more close to what he is paid to do) and if not then i would booooot him.

Definitely overpaid, but Dansby is a good player and has the respect of his teammates

You stole my post!

Yeah, couldn't agree more. Dansby is the type of player you add to an already good team and can make them better right away. You always hear announcers talking about adding winning pieces to the puzzle and this is the type of guy Dansby is.

He's not the type of player you build a new team around. Let's dump him before he depreciates in value any more and get something for him while we can.

http://phinphanatic.com/2012/08/27/will-dolphins-karlos-dansby-be-next-veteran-out-the-door/

•Overpaid
•Underachiever
•Bad leader

These are the things that come to mind when I think about Karlos Dansby. We thought we were getting a linebacker with integrity, that could sack the QB and could also cover TE's. What we ended up with was Channing Crowder part 2. Not making enough plays to warrant your contract is 1 strike, calling out Joe Philbin is 2 strikes, and sitting out of practice seemingly to show your displeasure because we cut Chad Johnson is the last strike. Get rid of this loser already! We don't need players who don't take their off-season conditioning seriously. We will be better off without him. If the message wasn't already sent with Vontae that you can either get down with the program and the way we are currently operating, or you don't have to and will be kicked out the ******* door no matter who you are, what we think you might be able to do in the future, or what you've done elsewhere in the past.

At the end of the day, the final destination is greater than the sum of parts that will take us there. And it's either our way or the highway! And I think it's time Karlos takes the nearest exit route out of town.

That and the guy sounds like a total moron when he is interviewed. His "know what I'm sayin" crap with every other sentence makes him sound like a complete idiot.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

You stole my post!

Yeah, couldn't agree more. Dansby is the type of player you add to an already good team and can make them better right away. You always hear announcers talking about adding winning pieces to the puzzle and this is the type of guy Dansby is.

He's not the type of player you build a new team around. Let's dump him before he depreciates in value any more and get something for him while we can.

The problem with dumping him is we'd be on the hook for a lot of money

Back
Top Bottom