Lindsay | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lindsay

I felt Earl Campbell was even better.

Tackling him was like tackling a cannonball in flight!
I think for about 2 years Earl was the best, most valuable RB I’ve ever seen. He’s not in the conversation for “greatest” imho, because his running style shortened his time as a great so much.

There are two basic running styles. There's what I call the selective runner - he gets the handoff, waits a second for a hole to develop, and runs through it. Some backs have great success with this style. Gaskin doesn't. Then there's the back who gets the handoff, heads straight to the hole, and finds a crease somewhere in the hole. That appears to be Lindsey. When he's hits the hole, he's full speed. I prefer that type runner

I prefer that type as well... One high school coach here in hawaii put it this way, "great RBs can somehow make themselves skinny" to get through a bunch of linemen. Lindsey also brings that style, combined with toughness. His legs just keeps plowing forward. Then Watch out when hes in the open field!

FFS

angry GIF

A 5'8" 190# bell cow?... The answer?... If either were true some would have to give Grier credit, which I'd like but this kids a rock or two lite in the britches for that. Fresh legs maybe.

I prefer that type as well... One high school coach here in hawaii put it this way, "great RBs can somehow make themselves skinny" to get through a bunch of linemen. Lindsey also brings that style, combined with toughness. His legs just keeps plowing forward. Then Watch out when hes in the open field!
The run he had last Sunday where he took it wide right looked for sure like a 2 yard gain, then he somehow kept balance up the sideline for about 7 or 8. It just made me realize (given he isn't an elite RB), how starved we've been for something at least dangerous.

The run he had last Sunday where he took it wide right looked for sure like a 2 yard gain, then he somehow kept balance up the sideline for about 7 or 8. It just made me realize (given he isn't an elite RB), how starved we've been for something at least dangerous.

Exactly. Tries to fight for every yard

To me, this just highlights the refusal of the Front Office to draft a good strong RB, and the inability of the OCs to call anything other than a run up the middle. I know I should be happy for a winning streak and Lindsay showing potential, but I'm too disgusted by the fact that if only Grier had improved the o-line and drafted a good RB and Flores had hired experienced Offensive Coaches, we'd be discussing playoff seeding and not hoping for a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom