Lindy's Dolphins Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lindy's Dolphins Analysis

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you hate these preview books(me too sometimes), but I always get them to mostly read about other teams and what they have been up to. However like the Street and Smith's preview, Lindy was not very kind this year. Once again, these obviously are not my views, but his. I know this may cause some anger, but I just wanted to share the main points with you:

1. AFC East Projection: 4th Place
2. Total Grade out of 100 = 63.0(Breakdown of points in chart below main points)
3. The 63.0 is ranked #16 in AFC and #31 in the NFL.
4. Gave draft a B+
5. In the forcast section next to Miami the one liner states: "Nick Saban might be wishing he was back at LSU."
6. Jeno James will have a breakout season.
7. Ronnie Brown will be the most watched of the rookie RBs.
8. Jason Taylor is ranked as the 6th best DE in league.
9. Miami has the 5th ranked Defensive Line.
10. Zach Thomas is ranked as the 9th best MLB.
11. Sam Madison is ranked as the 9th best CB(Surtain is 7th).
12. In the draft section the "Tell me why" quote says: "Why are Dolphins fans so distessed after one rare losing season? Chill."
13. Draft player who could suprise: Travis Daniels
14. Biggest Offseason FA signing: Kevin Carter
15. Biggest Offseason Loss: Patrick Surtain
16. Saban appears to have a strong plan, and never has had a losing season as a head coach.
17. Ronnie Brown could have trouble with a big workload in year one.
18. The tandem of Chambers, Booker and McMichael in terms of potential could be the NFL's most dangerous for oposing teams.
19. Houck will make a huge difference for the Offensive Line.
20. AJ Feeley will start.
21. Vernon Carey will start.
22. Howard will start opposite of Madison.
23. Biggest problem last year was lack of leadership by Zach and JT when we were losing.
24. Welker is solid but not explosive.
25. Most likely Seau's last year.

Chart Breakdown of Positions(Ranked from 1-10)

Coaching: 7
Quarterbacks: 6.5
Running Backs: 7
Recievers: 7.5
Offensive Lineman: 6.5
Defensive Lineman: 8
Linebackers: 7.5
Secondary: 7
Special Teams: 7
Intangibles: Minus 1

Total = 63.0

it makes sense to think this is what we will be since we were so crappy last yr..but who are the 6 above taylor and what other 8 are better than zach? seems a little off..other than that, he's pretty much right from an unbiased standpoint

I dont see how that analysis leaven us 15 in the AFC and 30 in the NFL. Arent their 32 NFL teams? DOes that mean he think two of either the Titans, 49ers, Bears, and Browns, are better than us? I agree with a lot of his points, but not the overall grade.

tucker said:
it makes sense to think this is what we will be since we were so crappy last yr..but who are the 6 above taylor and what other 8 are better than zach? seems a little off..other than that, he's pretty much right from an unbiased standpoint
Defensive Ends:

1. Julius Peppers
2. Dwight Freeney
3. Leonard Little
4. Michael Strahan
5. Richard Seymour
6. Jason Taylor
7. John Abraham
8. Jevon Kearse
10. Darren Howard

Inside Linebackers:

1. Ray Lewis
2. Brian Urlacher
3. James Farrior
4. Donnie Edwards
5. Jeremiah Trotter
6. Dan Morgan
7. Al Wilson
8. Jonathan Vilma
9. Zach Thomas
10. London Fletcher

I went to Barnes and Noble and grabbed about 6 football magazines..they are all picking us 4th in the AFC East...I think that is good as we will surprise a lot of people this year. Good points Nub.

beejay05 said:
I dont see how that analysis leaven us 15 in the AFC and 30 in the NFL. Arent their 32 NFL teams? DOes that mean he think two of either the Titans, 49ers, Bears, and Browns, are better than us? I agree with a lot of his points, but not the overall grade.
I actually looked at it wrong, he has us ranked 16th in the AFC and 31st in the league. Only better then San Fran.

Four(four key is broke, arggg)- draft class A
8- Jason is a top Three DE
12- Zac is top 5 MLB- continues to produce and hasnt slowed down a notch. His preparation cannot be matched.
17- Ronnie will not have to carry the load, whethere it be Ricky, Gordon, or even Kay-Jay
18- Better add Brown and Boston to that list if your talking potential and overall talent.

kizzaboo said:
Four(four key is broke, arggg)- draft class A
8- Jason is a top Three DE
12- Zac is top 5 MLB- continues to produce and hasnt slowed down a notch. His preparation cannot be matched.
17- Ronnie will not have to carry the load, whethere it be Ricky, Gordon, or even Kay-Jay
18- Better add Brown and Boston to that list if your talking potential and overall talent.
In the book, the 18th point was directed to just WR and TEs, but yea Brown will certainly be a big factor.

well out of the top 10 des taylor whould be 3rd and since zach didnt play all of last yr and is now a yr older it makes sense but he is still better than a couple imo...its pretty much right imo..i hope we prove that wrong but thats what happens when you suck it up last yr

Coaching-10.5 (has he even looked at your Coaching Staff?)
QB- 7
RB- 9 (Ronnie, Ricky, Kay-Jay.. 7, I hope that was a joke)
Recievers- 9 {this is taking in Ronnie and McMike:)}
Linemen- 7.5 (Houck did this)
D Line- 9
Lineman- 8.5
Special Teams- 8

Coaching, RB, Recievers, and D-line were being modest

1. AFC East Projection: 4th Place
2. Total Grade out of 100 = 63.0(Breakdown of points in chart below main points)
3. The 63.0 is ranked #16 in AFC and #31 in the NFL.
4. Gave draft a B+
5. In the forcast section next to Miami the one liner states: "Nick Saban might be wishing he was back at LSU."
6. Jeno James will have a breakout season.
7. Ronnie Brown will be the most watched of the rookie RBs.
8. Jason Taylor is ranked as the 6th best DE in league.
9. Miami has the 5th ranked Defensive Line.
10. Zach Thomas is ranked as the 9th best MLB.
11. Sam Madison is ranked as the 9th best CB(Surtain is 7th).
12. In the draft section the "Tell me why" quote says: "Why are Dolphins fans so distessed after one rare losing season? Chill."
13. Draft player who could suprise: Travis Daniels
14. Biggest Offseason FA signing: Kevin Carter
15. Biggest Offseason Loss: Patrick Surtain
16. Saban appears to have a strong plan, and never has had a losing season as a head coach.
17. Ronnie Brown could have trouble with a big workload in year one.
18. The tandem of Chambers, Booker and McMichael in terms of potential could be the NFL's most dangerous for oposing teams.
19. Houck will make a huge difference for the Offensive Line.
20. AJ Feeley will start.
21. Vernon Carey will start.
22. Howard will start opposite of Madison.
23. Biggest problem last year was lack of leadership by Zach and JT when we were losing.
24. Welker is solid but not explosive.
25. Most likely Seau's last year.

Chart Breakdown of Positions(Ranked from 1-10)

Coaching: 7
Quarterbacks: 6.5
Running Backs: 7
Recievers: 7.5
Offensive Lineman: 6.5
Defensive Lineman: 8
Linebackers: 7.5
Secondary: 7
Special Teams: 7
Intangibles: Minus 1

1. Probably will be true, but I think Miami will be neck and neck with Buffalo, Buffalo may have only one more win on Miami
2 & 3. Don't agree with everything with that
4. agree
5. Dumb remark
6. hope so
7.agree
8. Now that's a bunch of B.S
9. That's fine with me
10. I'm fine with that
11. ditto
13. agree
14. ditto
15.ditto again
16. agree
17. Don't think he'll have a big workload, Saban's smart unlike Wanny, and they are gonna have ricky, who will probably get some carries also
18. That combo will definitely be really good, but I think the addition of a healthy Boston in the lineup will make Miami a very, very dangerous offense
19. true
20. hope he does well
21. believe so, and hope so
22. probably, rather have Travis Daniels make his way in the in the lineup, to eventually play along side madison during the season, hopefully.
23. don't really agree with that
24. agree
25. most likely true also

Not bad it's better than the other one's I've seen which were ridiculous and couldn't agree anything. There were some that I definitley didn't agree with, but there were a decent amount of things that I do agree with or accept also, so it's a decent analysis I guess.

Nublar7 said:
In the book, the 18th point was directed to just WR and TEs, but yea Brown will certainly be a big factor.

Understandable. But I cant wait for one of the best recieving prospects out of this years draft turn some heads, showing what he can do not only running and blocking.. but catching the ball and the average YPC he will get this year.:)

Back
Top Bottom