Linebacker idea | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebacker idea

BJJKID

Rookie
Reaction score
With Porter on the way out, and other contracts expiring, we have a chance at going after someone like Dansby. People say slot him next to Crowder and go. I disagree. Crowder has never been what he should have been, and he took Porter's side against the team. Why not cut his contact, in this uncapped season, and draft Rolando McClain? Dansby and McClain sounds more tempting to me than any other combo we could throw out there.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

We sign Dansby and that will fill a glaring hole. That 1st round pick becomes optional on what we do with it.

if we take dansby it would be in our best interest IMO to trade down a few spots and grab Everson Griffen or Brandon Graham

I would love Dansby, but even if we dont some how get hold of him, I would love to draft both McClain and Brandon Spikes with our first two picks and trade both Crowder and Dansby for possible 3rd or for A. Boldin. As with our picks of Smith and Davis last year, I think both of them RM and BS would be perfect for the next 10-15 yrs at MLB in 3-4.

:bobdole::bobdole::bobdole: Not another debate on what we should do. We have threads already on this subject. Admin please merge......

You are probably right about trading down, but when some people describe McClain as a Ray Lewis type, I salivate.

I would love Dansby, but even if we dont some how get hold of him, I would love to draft both McClain and Brandon Spikes with our first two picks and trade both Crowder and Dansby for possible 3rd or for A. Boldin. As with our picks of Smith and Davis last year, I think both of them RM and BS would be perfect for the next 10-15 yrs at MLB in 3-4.

dude i hate to break it to ya like this, but Dansby aint on the team and we cant trade him.

It is such an intreguing idea but first off crowder took no one's side so I think we keep him and let him learn from a great ilb. If we could get dansby and draft B. Graham in the first and d. Thomas in the secon. Cam thomas in the third, and M. Johnson in the 4th we would be doing really goood

trade both Crowder and Dansby for possible 3rd or for A. Boldin.
So let me get this right. Sign Dansby to a deal, then trade him after about a month during the draft and take a huge cap hit? Smart. Also remember that we just re-signed Crowder this past off-season. Cap Hit. The car is running but there is no one behind the wheel. :crazy:

1) Sign Dansby and put him inside next to Crowder
2) Trade down a few spots in the 1st (with someone coming up to get Spiller) and we then will draft OLB Brandon Graham.
3) Draft NT Cody with our 1st 2nd (he ate his way out of the 1st)
4) Draft BPA with our 2nd 2nd (one we got to move down in the 1st). Would prefer a WR that slid or stud FS.
5) Sign WR Antonio Bryant. Not a big price-tag and do not have to give up anything for him.

With Porter on the way out, and other contracts expiring, we have a chance at going after someone like Dansby. People say slot him next to Crowder and go. I disagree. Crowder has never been what he should have been, and he took Porter's side against the team. Why not cut his contact, in this uncapped season, and draft Rolando McClain? Dansby and McClain sounds more tempting to me than any other combo we could throw out there.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I disagree about your statement on Crowder. Crowder has played exactly as billed coming out of college. He was never considered an "elite" talent.

He is however a good supporting cast member, just not the rock you want in a great 3-4 or 4-3 system.

if we take dansby it would be in our best interest IMO to trade down a few spots and grab Everson Griffen or Brandon Graham

Just posted the same idea trading down to get graham. I agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom