Linebacker Prospects likely to be drafted in the 1st round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebacker Prospects likely to be drafted in the 1st round

Well I was incorrect…multiple sites I looked at state that Jerome Baker was 225 to 229 when he got drafted…and they were still calling him smallish…here's one site...

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2...ohio-state-draft-profile-2018-combine-results

As far as Owusu, this site compares him to Jamal Adams (due to his size I would think)…now JA is a stud, but I'm not sure Flo/Grier would want to draft a Safety sized LB in Round 1.

https://nflmocks.com/2020/10/14/2021-nfl-draft-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah/

We have a defensive scheme of big linebackers that need to cover well. Zaven would be someone that may adapt well for us. Parsons if we can get him yes!

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a smaller guy, as long as we pay less than the going rate.

I want the risk to be smaller... like the player.

Amen Ogbongbemiga​

from Oklahoma State impressed me in a couple of games. He is a senior. I have absolutely no idea where he would be mocked. But he had a monster game against TCU.
I liked Ossai from Texas as well. Britt from Auburn.

I think he could be his replacement and we don’t need to worry about resigning baker then
That's another way to look at it. I still think I'd play him mostly at safety, but he gives you a lot of versatility.

Who knows, Baker may prove hard to re-sign.

That's another way to look at it. I still think I'd play him mostly at safety, but he gives you a lot of versatility.

Who knows, Baker may prove hard to re-sign.
I feel like Baker likes it here, idk about a team friendly deal, but I hope we can keep him. His speed is valuable. He's not super instinctive or amazing in coverage, but he's gotten a lot better since his rookie year and does other things pretty well..

I didnt realize he was like 225-230 coming out though.... JOK is indeed small.. Im a ND homer, but would still be kind of dissappointed if we used pick 18 on him

I may have been the leading Baker basher for quite some time, but then he put in a reasonably good year this past year. Admittedly, he is still only average vs. the run, but his coverage and blitz skills moved up to a bit above average.

That said, resigning him comes down to price. He's become a good, not great player... and he is the EXACT type of player that you never want to overpay. Personally, I still think I would let him walk next year... I guess we'll see if Flores likes him better than I do.

I may have been the leading Baker basher for quite some time, but then he put in a reasonably good year this past year. Admittedly, he is still only average vs. the run, but his coverage and blitz skills moved up to a bit above average.

That said, resigning him comes down to price. He's become a good, not great player... and he is the EXACT type of player that you never want to overpay. Personally, I still think I would let him walk next year... I guess we'll see if Flores likes him better than I do.
He is servisable

I'm a fan Owusu-Koramoah. I don't care about his size. Being successful in the NFL is about acquiring talent, not size. Put him in a rover role on our D and he will shine. He can play the 5th in our 3-3-5 or 4-2-5. Flores likes to drop Christian Wilkins into coverage...think he cant figure out how to use a rover? JOK would be an excellent pick for us imo.

I'm a fan Owusu-Koramoah. I don't care about his size. Being successful in the NFL is about acquiring talent, not size. Put him in a rover role on our D and he will shine. He can play the 5th in our 3-3-5 or 4-2-5. Flores likes to drop Christian Wilkins into coverage...think he cant figure out how to use a rover? JOK would be an excellent pick for us imo.
I do think he's one of the more exciting possibilities. I don't doubt that Flores would find the best ways to use him.

I do think he's one of the more exciting possibilities. I don't doubt that Flores would find the best ways to use him.

I am going to agree with the brothers here, he doesn't have the size to run in our scheme. He will be drafted by someone to play MLB probably. You see, we like big linebackers. Think of Dick Lebeau's linebacker scheme which still lives for the Steelers through his disciple. Steelers been ranking number 1 in sacks for forever now lol.

I am going to agree with the brothers here, he doesn't have the size to run in our scheme. He will be drafted by someone to play MLB probably. You see, we like big linebackers. Think of Dick Lebeau's linebacker scheme which still lives for the Steelers through his disciple. Steelers been ranking number 1 in sacks for forever now lol.
I don't know. Flores could view him more as a safety, rover. Maybe what he envisioned for M. Fitzpatrick.

I know that Jack Lambert weighed 212 pounds, but that was almost 50 years ago. At 216, and not really being a take-on linebacker, I'd agree with you there.

Back
Top Bottom