Linebacker Prospects likely to be drafted in the 1st round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebacker Prospects likely to be drafted in the 1st round

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
With the latest developments we are more likely going to see some players trend further out through the draft. At this moment I am going to stick to my gut,
and say that Miami will draft whoever they want at number 3, and keep their 18th pick. And regardless who you want at the 18th I am going to tell you Miami
will draft a linebacker.

With the 18th pick the Miami Dolphins pick these players in order of availability:

1. Micah Parsons
2. Owusu
3. Collins

If for any reason Parsons stretches out to the 18th pick it would be for factors we do not yet see. As much as I love Zaven Collins as a pick,
Owusu would likely to be drafted because of his ability to stretch the field with his coverage skills. What worries me is his height, and perhaps
how he would fare with taller tight ends in the NFL. Also his weight, and if anything he can play linebacker well but has more of a strong safety body.
Zaven Collins has very good size, and length. As much as people knock his speed at least he is able to make up for it with good instincts in coverage.
He is more likely to be that linebacker to disrupt a pass on the line. If we do draft him I think we should place him in the inside. He would thrive in
the inside better for most teams if anything. The only reason why the other linebackers are ranked better than him is because they are able to be
more expandable in defensive schemes.

I could see safety in play at #18, or even a tackle with all the talent at that position.

But I do tend to agree with you. I don't really see much, realistically, in free agency. David would be nice, but doubt he leaves Tampa Bay.

In other words, Miami is going to have to find linebackers in the draft. I like Collins a lot. He has some Jason Taylor in his game

Ossai is someone else I like. He could possibly be a late 1st. Bolton is one of my favorites, but he may not fit what Flores is looking for size-wise.

The kid from ND weighs 215 lbs. holding a brick...and he's supposed to be the stack LB that Roberts is/was.?

Leaving The Office GIF

I could see safety in play at #18, or even a tackle with all the talent at that position.

But I do tend to agree with you. I don't really see much, realistically, in free agency. David would be nice, but doubt he leaves Tampa Bay.

In other words, Miami is going to have to find linebackers in the draft. I like Collins a lot. He has some Jason Taylor in his game

Ossai is someone else I like. He could possibly be a late 1st. Bolton is one of my favorites, but he may not fit what Flores is looking for size-wise.

Owusu has a Ray Lewis Zach Thomas type of drive for the football. Sometimes is hard to mistake him for a safety with the way he moves, but is very smart in the football field overall. He needs to put on a lil bit of weight but otherwise he has a blazing speed in the field.

Owusu has a Ray Lewis Zach Thomas type of drive for the football. Sometimes is hard to mistake him for a safety with the way he moves, but is very smart in the football field overall. He needs to put on a lil bit of weight but otherwise he has a blazing speed in the field.
Are we talking about the player from Notre Dame? If so, he is extremely interesting. Not sure if he's more safety than linebacker. Fit might be the question, but I think Flores would love him.

I've seen him compared to the former safety from the Jets, Adams. I think he's on Seattle now. This guy is just so explosive. Again, not sure the best way to use him, but would have to think Flores would love this guy.

I mean the NFL is evolving. If you have guys like Lamar Jackson raising hell just imagine what kind of defense you are going to need? Well you need to have fast inside linebackers that could turn the corner like him. His speed is just amazing to watch, and how well he tackles.

I mean the NFL is evolving. If you have guys like Lamar Jackson raising hell just imagine what kind of defense you are going to need? Well you need to have fast inside linebackers that could turn the corner like him. His speed is just amazing to watch, and how well he tackles.
Good point. You've got to defend those mobile quarterbacks. That's the NFL today and Miami has really struggled against those multi-dimensional quarterbacks. Speed, speed and more speed is probably the best way to limit these quarterbacks. That's the next step for the Dolphins defense.

Flores is creative enough to find the best way to use Owusu-Koramoah, but would have to think he plays that "rover" spot, spending most of his time at safety.

The only issue there, is does he take reps away from Baker?

SF that is hard to tell, but it depends on the defensive package. The dolphins sometimes sent 7-8 men rushing, and sometimes we dropped everybody in coverage. What does that tell you? The Dolphins wants
a player that can be useful in different assignments.

Back
Top Bottom