Linehan likes Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan likes Feeley

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Well, that's what some guys were saying on Sirius NFL Blitz this afternoon.

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

If anybody else heard this, I'd appreciate the support. :)

inFINSible said:

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

:lol:

come on now.....you're an admitted Feeley supporter, and there have been so many threads on this already, but you didn't post this to stir up trouble? sure you didn't :tongue:

inFINSible said:

It was talked about in this thread. It came from a transcript I believe. But the part that I never saw before was:

inFINSible said:
They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

If it's true, then there are going to be some upset campers on this board. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, it has already begun. :lol:

LINK ?????
.....I always wanted to do that to someone.....ESPECIALLY you. lol

I know this has been said many times, but I personally believe Feeley was given a raw deal.
1. New team, new coaching staff, new system.
2. Age plus some inexperience
3. Split camps w/ JF hurt his progression from the beginning.
4. Wanny loved JF.
5. Terrible Offensive line.
6. Bad Offensive gameplan and calls(Chris Foerester. No explanation needed)
7. Mediocre WR corps, mostly due to some injuries and bad coaching(What was Jerry Sullivan doing?)
8. Bad coaching staff, mostly Wanny.

Im not sure how many QBs, yes even JF, would be able to compete with this kind of choas looming the team.

Getting people to place the blame on what we saw last year you would think would be obvious, but some people aren't really diehard fin fans they just form an opinion based on what they here and read.

Sure AJ's numbers where not great last year but what player on the O had good numbers? It's easy to blame the QB if your a bias jill fan or an uneducated dolphin fan. But if you step back and look at the big picture and all the things that went wrong that had absolutley nothing to do with AJ, then you will see he was a victum of circumstance not the source of the problem. He got beat up more then anybody last year but he stayed tough and fought through the season and all some fans want to do is bust on him. How can anyone with a ounce of reason not give the guy a chance?? CC hasn't been outstanding since he's been here but fans love him. CC could have played harder and maybe made a probowl or two but it's very frustrating playing in such an inept O, players tend to quit trying if they know their hard work will be in vein. But AJ didn't quit, not even when he knew he was gonna take a beating.

inFINSible said:

I can't say that I heard it, but I can certainly vouch for your integrity Infins. I also believe that what you heard should be good news to all DolFans ears. Those who scorn this news are Mudducks.

With all the reports coming out of camp about how badly Feeley was doing, I find this EXTREMELY difficult to believe.

I am a waffler on this subject.I liked his potential but was disappointed by his performance especially in the late stages of games.I finally rationalized my line of thought into the idea that he deserves another chance.He wont get a free ride this time.Its either put up or shut up.If he doesnt show up this year then IMO we will be looking for a new QB next year.

themole said:
I can't say that I heard it, but I can certainly vouch for your integrity Infins. I also believe that what you heard should be good news to all DolFans ears. Those who scorn this news are Mudducks.
Thanks.
It was right around 4:00pm, maybe quarter after, that I heard it. Do you know who may have been on in that time slot?

feelthepain said:
Getting people to place the blame on what we saw last year you would think would be obvious, but some people aren't really diehard fin fans they just form an opinion based on what they here and read.

Sure AJ's numbers where not great last year but what player on the O had good numbers? It's easy to blame the QB if your a bias jill fan or an uneducated dolphin fan. But if you step back and look at the big picture and all the things that went wrong that had absolutley nothing to do with AJ, then you will see he was a victum of circumstance not the source of the problem. He got beat up more then anybody last year but he stayed tough and fought through the season and all some fans want to do is bust on him. How can anyone with a ounce of reason not give the guy a chance?? CC hasn't been outstanding since he's been here but fans love him. CC could have played harder and maybe made a probowl or two but it's very frustrating playing in such an inept O, players tend to quit trying if they know their hard work will be in vein. But AJ didn't quit, not even when he knew he was gonna take a beating.

well said and agreed.

feelthepain said:

I also tend to agree with this post. Yet there's still a little part of me that thinks that all those rediculous picks last year couldn't have been thrown by a competent QB.

SCall13 said:
With all the reports coming out of camp about how badly Feeley was doing, I find this EXTREMELY difficult to believe.

honestly, I truly believe that they're making something out of nothing. In a slow news month, they're speculating, just as they do for every team. There are no articles from the SF media (the ones who actually cover the Dolphins, as opposed to being forced to report on the entire league) that says that the competition has swung in Feeley's favor. Its fun to speculate, but to say that based on reports that Frerotte wasn't much further ahead (which ones?....because many fan reports and Marvez's thoughts were different) that the comp is now in AJs favor is reaching
I'm not doubting that it was said in the Blitz report, but its no different hearing anything on that than it is on Fox Radio/Sporting news radio.

I understand that Feeley homers are trying to use any useful info they can to back up their stance as to why he'll start, but the simple fact remains is that everything will be settled in training camp for every position.

SCall13 said:

Don't you think Saban has a smokescreen or two going? He did during the draft. Do you think some of these camp posts...Ronnie Brown is being out played by Lamar Gordon.....Feeley looks terrible and Frerotte looks great? Maybe I'm trippin', but if not, way to go coach.....I like a coach that likes you to expect the unexpected. Why do you think the first few mini camps were closed to the media? Hmmmmm;)

SCall13 said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could join me in the good feelings that I got when I heard it.

Back
Top Bottom