Linehan Shouldn't need Edwards or Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan Shouldn't need Edwards or Williams

His'nBeatYour'n

Would I be a Parcells guy?
Reaction score
If Linehan is worth the money he signed for then we shouldn't need another big time receiver to make his offense work. Just get Chambers to live up to his potential, and we'll have what the Vikings had: One go-to receiver who takes the pressure off the others. Is anyone convinced that Burleson and Robinson are so much better than Booker and Thompson?

Both of the recievers you listed (Burleson and Robinson) have done something Chambers never has....gained 1,000 yards recieving.

I like Chambers a lot but I am sick of hearing about "how good he could be if he had a q.b." or "this is his breakout year".

He's getting paid like a #1...it's TIME for him to play like it. He needs to be more consistent in my opinion.

If we do draft Edwards then we will never see what Chambers can do with being the go to guy , with a new offense and better coaching helping him out.

Hisn'WithYour'n said:
If Linehan is worth the money he signed for then we shouldn't need another big time receiver to make his offense work. Just get Chambers to live up to his potential, and we'll have what the Vikings had: One go-to receiver who takes the pressure off the others. Is anyone convinced that Burleson and Robinson are so much better than Booker and Thompson?

I agree, I wouldnt mind a later WR, but screw wasting our #2 on a WR, we have bigger needs. And Linehan really turns average WR into very good looking players. I really think Chambers is going to excel in this offense.

Culpepper is a different QB than Feely and I think Saban prefers to control the clock alittle more meaning more running of the ball.

If chambers does not excel now, he will never be an elite receiver. Linehan runs a wide open offense. We also have a very good tight end. I just think we should pick up another speedy receiver. I am not sold on Thompson.

knight6jb said:
I agree, I wouldnt mind a later WR, but screw wasting our #2 on a WR, we have bigger needs. And Linehan really turns average WR into very good looking players. I really think Chambers is going to excel in this offense.

And Linehan does the same with average RB's, so maybe we should be looking at a QB?

Minnphin said:
And Linehan does the same with average RB's, so maybe we should be looking at a QB?

There is no doubt about that but I'm not sold on either of the top 2 QB's in this draft, so I think if we can trade down and get Caddy and another player, that would be in our best interest.

I think Chambers is sort of the peerless price of our team. I love him but he needs someone the same or better on the other side for him to excel.

If we draft edwards, we put booker in as 3wr with mcmichael, that is an amazing receiving core.and depth with thompson. I dont care who is in at QB (hopefully feeley will look good PS and win the job). Put Gordan and 2nd Rd pick in with minor on 3rd downs. That sounds pretty sweet.

Some of you talk about Chambers not living up to his potential? Please remember some of the INCREDIBLE catches he made! Anyone remember the one where Fielder was trying to throw it out of the end zone that Chambers snagged for a TD? :eek: It only played on every sports channel for the ENTIRE season! How many people have some Chambers spectacular catch as their avatar on this very site? C'mon! Maybe he would be better with a QB that didn't float the ball "Nose-up" over the middle all the time (Can you say Kenoy Kennedy?). :fire: Give it a BREAK will ya? Let's wait to judge until we see what he can do in Linehan's system!

Good organization and coaching alone will win us games now. Adding a few stud rooks will only add to the depth and suprising options.

I'm just exicited about the prospect of giving any one of the top 10 guys in the draft for once! =)

While I wouldn't mind getting the next Randy Moss and lining him up alongside Chambers, we would still have a huge hole at RB. A position that may or may not be addressed later in the draft.
You're setting up your QB to fail. I don't care if you have Largent, Rice and Warfield as your receivers. It won't mean a thing if defenses don't respect your running game. Unless of course your QB is named Danny Marino. If your QB is named Danny Marino, ignore everything I've said. If not, get a Blue Chip running back.

I haven't been this exicited about draft day ever! I can't wait till the 23rd! I even took the day off just to make sure I don't miss anything that weekend.

Perfect72 said:
Some of you talk about Chambers not living up to his potential? Please remember some of the INCREDIBLE catches he made! Anyone remember the one where Fielder was trying to throw it out of the end zone that Chambers snagged for a TD? :eek: It only played on every sports channel for the ENTIRE season! How many people have some Chambers spectacular catch as their avatar on this very site? C'mon! Maybe he would be better with a QB that didn't float the ball "Nose-up" over the middle all the time (Can you say Kenoy Kennedy?). :fire: Give it a BREAK will ya? Let's wait to judge until we see what he can do in Linehan's system!

Hopefully he will, but look at holt and bruce, jimmy smith and mcardell etc.

He made some spectacular catches doesnt make him consistent. Oronde G made the best catch ive ever seen. Was he the greatest b/c of it? no

Back
Top Bottom