Lineup 2020 vs 2021 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lineup 2020 vs 2021

Next year looking for upgrade at RB, upgrade at TE, and LB.
The team looks very complete this year.
We are poised for a run!
Every team has some weaknesses. Ours are few!
Maybe center, depending on Skura. We have a few contracts expiring next season if we don't extend that will need replacing. We will need another CB to cover the expensive contracts of X and Jones soon.

Next year looking for upgrade at RB, upgrade at TE, and LB.
The team looks very complete this year.
We are poised for a run!
Every team has some weaknesses. Ours are few!

Yep! This FO isn't fooling anyone with our RB Room. Gaskin seems like a good kid...but come on!
IMO, A stud at the position is a glearing hole at the moment.

I would also say i don't trust the LB group and ofcourse the OL remains to be seen.

It goes without saying Tua needs to improve...

Also you'd be a complete fool to trust Parker/Williams and maybe even Fuller to go through the entire season without missing playing time.

Grier/Flo have done one heck of a job putting this team together AND we still have extra resources to get better.

Where’s our 30th pick overall and first rounder Igby?

doh!!
Backing up your best player (XMan) and Byron Jones?

Where would you like him to start? (he is only boundary as of last season, not slot, so he wouldn't start in the nickel).

I still expect him to get plenty of playing time.

Very happy with the draft, but we need to temper expectations with the rookie class. If 1 or 2 of them are quality starters this year that's a great success. It's not realistic for all of them to step in and be good right away. We're still a year or two away from true contention in my mind.
What does it really mean to be a starter in today's NFL? Especially on defense. Phillips and Holland might not technically 'start' the game but I see large percentage of defense snap on field for them. Eich...I actually think he start at either RG or RT. Waddle, will he 'start' maybe not, but I bet hes on the field more than Gesicki. Now Long. I'm calling this guy as my dark horse this year for our draft. But that really not fair in my favor. This guy is going to surprise a whole lot of people.
I don't really focus on the word starter as much as I focus on on field percentage.

What does it really mean to be a starter in today's NFL? Especially on defense. Phillips and Holland might not technically 'start' the game but I see large percentage of defense snap on field for them. Eich...I actually think he start at either RG or RT. Waddle, will he 'start' maybe not, but I bet hes on the field more than Gesicki. Now Long. I'm calling this guy as my dark horse this year for our draft. But that really not fair in my favor. This guy is going to surprise a whole lot of people.
I don't really focus on the word starter as much as I focus on on field percentage.

And game 1 starters may not be game 8 starters

Starter is just shorthand for plays a significant number of meaningful snaps. The broader point is that it's unlikely all of these guys are quality players in year 1. I'd be happy with Waddle showing gamebreaking flashes fairly consistently, Phillips staying in the DE rotation and generating some pressure, and Holland/Eichenberg getting some PT and holding their own. Anything beyond that would be fantastic.

"Starter" doesn't have the same meaning as it did in the past, when a "base" was run 75% of the snaps on both sides of the ball.

As @fansinceGWilson pointed out, it's more like 17 (or pick a number) guys playing their roles in a starting capacity.

That's what I was meaning. Alot of roster to fill out

The good news is it's only a few "core" players. The majority of it are just "meh" type guys. So you'd expect the Dolphins to resign whoever they want at contracts that shouldn't be crazy.

What about QB2? Upgrade or downgrade? Is this Palardy punter guy any good? I just need him to be better than Matt Shaank.

What about QB2? Upgrade or downgrade? Is this Palardy punter guy any good? I just need him to be better than Matt Shaank.

Doesn't matter anymore. We're scoring on every possession. Hell we're not even going to have a punter on the roster because we don't need one.

QB2?...We'll find out the fourth quarters this year

Back
Top Bottom