links for the Minnesota/Braylon trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

links for the Minnesota/Braylon trade

The trade to SF doesn't make sense. Why would Minn go for Braylon Edwards at #1, when SF is obviously going for QB. Mia is a bigger risk at taking Edwards at #2, so why wouldn't Minn trade with Mia instead? Unless of course, SF got wind of Minn desire for BE, and threatened to take him. I would love the #7 (we would still get one of the three high-ranked RBs -- likely benson), plus 18 (Antrel Rolle to replace surtain/).. I don't care if they don't even throw in the second-rounder because its Mia's #2 instead of #1 overall

To me, thats an aweful lot to give up for Edwards. i think he is good but not that good. BTW, I thought they were hooked on Williamson? yeah right.

MinnesotaMike said:
Bingo. The Vikes may have inquired about moving up but nobody has any idea what they are offering. With the top 3 teams looking to move down it is a buyers market and the price to move up should be less than in an average year.

Well then expect to maybe get ther Browns pick, because there is no way the Vikes are going to get Saban to trade the #2 for less then what it's worth...buyers market or not.

tay0365 said:
Well then expect to maybe get ther Browns pick, because there is no way the Vikes are going to get Saban to trade the #2 for less then what it's worth...buyers market or not.

Ok by me. In fact I would prefer they just stay at #7.

TorontoFin said:
The trade to SF doesn't make sense. Why would Minn go for Braylon Edwards at #1, when SF is obviously going for QB. Mia is a bigger risk at taking Edwards at #2, so why wouldn't Minn trade with Mia instead? Unless of course, SF got wind of Minn desire for BE, and threatened to take him. I would love the #7 (we would still get one of the three high-ranked RBs -- likely benson), plus 18 (Antrel Rolle to replace surtain/).. I don't care if they don't even throw in the second-rounder because its Mia's #2 instead of #1 overall

Because there is slim chance the 49ers might go receiver, a little better chance Miami might take a chance on Edwards, and a very good chance Cleveland will go in that direction. The Vikings want Edwards, but don't want to chance it that someone will take him before they are up, they will have to pay.

MinnesotaMike said:
Bingo. The Vikes may have inquired about moving up but nobody has any idea what they are offering. With the top 3 teams looking to move down it is a buyers market and the price to move up should be less than in an average year.

It would be a buyers market if the Vikes were the only team that wanted Edwards....but are they? Thats the important key...I believe Tampa wants him...maybe Detroit...who knows...it could be more teams...or less....but the more the merrier and the more costly the Dolphins pick will be...sell to the highest bidder....which makes it a sellers market. For the Vikes to ove up from 7 to the 2nd pick....will cost them both 1st round picks and more...perhaps more this year...perhaps next year....but they will have to pay to play.

The Vikes don't need the #1 overall to get WR B. Edwards. The fact that the 49ers are sold on taking a QB, should eliminate them from trade consideration. I don't understand why the Vikes would focus solely on the 49ers at the #1 overall pick when Miami has shown interest in trading down from #2....

They need to be talking to us, not the 49ers!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

MinnesotaMike said:
Ok by me. In fact I would prefer they just stay at #7.

I agree that would be an ideal thing to do (More draft picks are aways better then taking a shot at one player), but if the Vikes actually want Edwards (Who many have called the best player in this draft), it is going to be almost impossible to fall that far. If they stay put, they will not get their man.

fishypete said:
It would be a buyers market if the Vikes were the only team that wanted Edwards....but are they? Thats the important key...I believe Tampa wants him...maybe Detroit...who knows...it could be more teams...or less....but the more the merrier and the more costly the Dolphins pick will be...sell to the highest bidder....which makes it a sellers market. For the Vikes to ove up from 7 to the 2nd pick....will cost them both 1st round picks and more...perhaps more this year...perhaps next year....but they will have to pay to play.

:chuckle:

I would hope any team that wants BE -- Minn, detroit, TB -- calls SF's bluff (if there even is one), let SF take their QB, and then deal with Mia for #2 for likely less than what they would have to give SF. I would be shocked if SF took edwards. besides if SF did take him, and one of those teams wanted him bad enough, they could negotiate after the fact, but it's stupid to make the trade now at #1, when SF has never even breathed WR until now..

Back
Top Bottom