links for the Minnesota/Braylon trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

links for the Minnesota/Braylon trade

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Alot of threads on here are discussing the fact that Minnesota may offer us what they are offering SF to get Edwards (assuming SF goes QB). The thing is I've yet to see any link from a reputable source indicating that Minnesota ever made that offer to SF. Every major guy for Sports Illustrated and ESPN is reporting the Tampa trade but none of them have mentioned Minnesota trade up for Braylon. You would think if there was any validity to this, one of those guys would have mentioned it.

So anyone actually have a link to a reputable source discussing this offer (or was the whole thing made up like the Philly trade through Internet message boards)?

NFL Draft scouts...thru Next level scouting reported it....I trust them alot more than Mort or Kiper...they have many contacts thru the football world...being former scouts and such.

NEXT LEVEL SCOUTING, INC.
"When it comes to Scouting & Evaluation... We are the Professional Grade!"

By: John Murphy

"TRADE WINDS BLOWING AGAIN?":

There were several indications throughout the day on Friday made to Next Level Scouting, Inc. that a new suitor for the top overall pick may have stepped forward, as the MINNESOTA VIKINGS seem to be showing more than a passing interest in obtaining the #1 pick in next weekend's NFL Draft... while the Vikings own a pair of first rounders of their own (#7, #18) that alone would not allow them to vault up to the top spot... as a matter of fact the team's second round choice, which is #49 overall would still leave them considerably short in terms of how most NFL teams judge potential trades of draft choices... "Well, they (Minneosta) certainly have the ammunition to try making a move like that, but it would likely be a costly trade in terms of (total) choices exchanged", explained one NFL scouting director who was posed the idea of the Vikings attempting to move up with San Francisco... using even our own version of the "Trade Value" chart, the one possible scenario that "On Paper" would be considered as a plausible trade option for both sides would include the 49ers sending the #1 overall choice, plus their own third round choice (#65) to the Vikings for their two first round choices (#7, #18), as well as their second round pick (#49) and third round pick (#80)... as on most "Trade Value" charts that would workout to a "Total Points" trade of roughly 3300 (3270) from the 49ers perspective and 3200 (3165) coming from the Vikings... should a deal like this get consummated than the Vikings would make MICHIGAN senior wide receiver BRAYLON EDWARDS the first overall selection... while the 49ers could then have several options available at #7, as there could actually still be one of the two QB's still on the board at the point, as well as Miami cornerback ANTREL ROLLE or possibly USC wide receiver MIKE WILLIAMS... the Vikings would catapult up to take possilby the #1 player on their draft board, while also obtaining back a third round choice that could be used to potentially grab Ohio State kicker MIKE NUGENT... a future replacement for offensive guard Dave Dixon... or another defensive player for depth purposes; defensive end or cornerback.

thanks fishypete. OK now I have a bit more faith in that.

In Peter Kings mock he has us trade down with Tampa for their 2nd rounder. If Minnesota is really offering this trade then it blows by all other trades. If we trade down with Tampa, Cleveland will be all over this and do that deal in a heartbeat (which would then make trading #5 for #7 impossible). If they really are offering this, then I would imagine Saban would jump on it like yesterday as soon as it's confirmed that SF is going QB.

This may well happen. I saw an article on it in the Florida Today this morning (I know, that low-grade fishwrapper isnt exactly an elite source, but its at least semi-legit). Hopefully San Fran balks and causes the Vikes to move on to us, b/c that is a flat-out amazing deal. At 7, we may have the choice between one of the QBs and at least 1 of the big 3 RBs (San Fran may take Smith/Rodgers, but if Cleveland passes on the other, who else is there?), along with the potential options of Merriman, Barron, Williams/Williamson (at least one).

Then, at 18, we could take a young DE like Spears (we're deep at DL, yeah..but they're mostly veteran guys and Spears is an absolute prototype Saban DE) or Thomas Davis to give us safety depth...or we could trade from that and get a later 1st and a mid rounder or 2, allowing us to pick up a RB if we dont take one, or maybe Elton Brown and a C later (imagine a potential line next year of Barron-James-Wilkerson-Brown-Carey...*drool* lol). We'd have so many options with a trade like this, its amazing.

Actually now that you posted that, I am doubting the trade even more. What they are saying makes no sense.
fishypete said:
while the Vikings own a pair of first rounders of their own (#7, #18) that alone would not allow them to vault up to the top spot... as a matter of fact the team's second round choice, which is #49 overall would still leave them considerably short

OK so giving up the #7, #18, and #49 would leave them considerably short.
So Next Level comes up with their OWN scenario (not based on any source).

fishypete said:
the one possible scenario that "On Paper" would be considered as a plausible trade option for both sides

So they are speculating here about what would need to be exchanged for such a deal to theoretically happen (I assumed they actually heard "here's what Minny is currently offering", which is clearly not the case).

Then as their plausible scenario they give up LESS than what they said in the first part leaves Minny considerably short.

fishypete said:
the 49ers sending the #1 overall choice, plus their own third round choice (#65) to the Vikings for their two first round choices (#7, #18), as well as their second round pick (#49) and third round pick (#80)... as on most "Trade Value" charts that would workout to a "Total Points" trade of roughly 3300 (3270) from the 49ers perspective and 3200 (3165) coming from the Vikings.

OK so Minny giving up #7, #18, #49 for #1 is not good enough
but Minny giving up #7, #18, #49 for #1 as well as getting to move UP in the 3rd into SF spot IS giving up enough. You can clearly see they are giving up less in the 2nd proposal. In the 2nd proposal they give up everything they did in the 1st but then SF rewards them by switching spots with them in the 3rd.

The only tangible thing in that whole article appears to be that they hear that Minny has more than a passing interest in moving up to #1. But they then go on to make up their own scenario of how that would happen. Maybe Minny intended on including future picks and/or players instead of giving up both 1st's this year.

Wow! It just boggles my mind how all this Minny talk has been going on with huge threads about what we would do with all of Minny's picks. Meanwhile it's all based on one Scouting service hearing that Minny is interested in moving up to the #1 spot for Braylon (with no actual info on what Minny is willing to give up, just speculation.)

There is a 2 hour draft special today. If Minny is SERIOUS about moving up and has been talking to SF since late last week then you would imagine someone on ESPN would have caught wind of it by now. If they don't mention it then I'm just assuming it's bogus.

No way no how does Minnesota give up both 1st's plus a 2nd to move up to #1 (I don't give a Damn what the draft value chart says). It is a buyers market this year, if Minnesota wants to move up (which I doubt) the price will be less than it would be if there was a clear cut can't miss #1 pick.

finsfan4life said:
John Clayton has mentioned it a number of times on the radio and t.v.

Yeah it's starting to get substantiated. Thing is right now the only thing people know for sure is that Minny has some interest in moving up to snag Edwards. No specifics of who they intend to trade with and how much they intend to give. Most likely they will move up to #2 or #3. Problem is in my mind they can play us against Cleveland unless they think there's a real possibility we will take Edwards.

Getting interesting ....
30 minutes till the draft special.

I would love to trade down with Minny and we could still end up with my favorite RB. (cadillac Williams)

Dphins said:
I would love to trade down with Minny and we could still end up with my favorite RB. (cadillac Williams)

And be in a better position at #18 to get (or trade down a few spots then take) my favorite player - Matt Jones!

caneaddict said:
Yeah it's starting to get substantiated. Thing is right now the only thing people know for sure is that Minny has some interest in moving up to snag Edwards. No specifics of who they intend to trade with and how much they intend to give. Most likely they will move up to #2 or #3. Problem is in my mind they can play us against Cleveland unless they think there's a real possibility we will take Edwards.

Getting interesting ....
30 minutes till the draft special.

Bingo. The Vikes may have inquired about moving up but nobody has any idea what they are offering. With the top 3 teams looking to move down it is a buyers market and the price to move up should be less than in an average year.

Back
Top Bottom