Lion considering trading for a runningback, Ronnie Brown's name mentioned | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lion considering trading for a runningback, Ronnie Brown's name mentioned

Dolphin Dave

Scout Team
Reaction score
As much as I love Ronnie Brown, if someone fell out of the woodwork and offered us a high 2nd rd pick for him we would be stupid not to take it.

You don't trade Ronnie Brown unless you already have a replacement in place. Not trade him away, create yet another hole on a team full of them, and hope for the best.

Ronnie Brown never signed his tender, and yesterday was the deadline. We can't trade him anyway.

My understanding is that the deadline yesterday was the deadline for rfa's to sign with another team. Ronnie can still sign his tender with the dolphins if the opportunity for a trade presents itself. Could be wrong but that's my understanding.

Ronnie should not be traded unless we plan on drafting rb's like Ben Tate or Mathew Ryan and that has about as much chance of happening as X-pacolypse and I singing a duet why cant we be freinds.

seriusly I would love to see us take runningback Ryan Mathews in rd 3 if that is where he is available because 6' 218 lbs who runs like Ronnie.
tight end is a bigger need then running back so all this is moot point.
Ryan Matthews in round 3? He's the best RB in the draft and won't fall out of the 1st I'm afraid.

If it was for the second pick in round 3? Done.

Don't forget, this regime is obsessed with having players that fit "their" profile. They didn't draft Ronnie. Contract year, DUI, he'll be 29 by the playoffs, consecutive injured seasons... it's all working against him. Not to say they dislike him, but the team needs to do something about the running back position and moving him helps them do that.

This...add in the fact that its very unlikely we'll pay him next offseason when he's a UFA and we'll probably be using the wildcat much less this season with the development of Henne and the addition of Marshall, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Phins jump at an offer of Detroits 3rd for him. Not saying I necessarily want that to happen, but I could easily see us doing it.

When looking for a possible suitor for available running backs like Marshawn Lynch, LenDale White, or even Ronnie Brown, look no further than the Detroit Lions.

"I've talked to agents for several players," Lions G.M. Martin Mayhew said at a pre-draft press conference. "We've talked about trades. We've talked about trading for some players. We talk now about the draft. We'll see how we come out of this."

The Lions have a desperate need at running back. Kevin Smith is coming off a disappointing year and December surgery for a torn ACL. Maurice Morris is just a guy. Basically, the Lions need to see how the draft falls to them and react from there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/16/lions-considering-a-trade-for-a-running-back/

Nobody wants to see Ronnie go, unless it is for a 2nd or 1st and I don't think the Lions will offer that.

NOBODY is going to offer a first or second.....gonna be hard to find a taker for a 3rd.

I highly doubt Miami trades Ronnie. Despite his injury history, he is worth more to the Dolphins then it would be to trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. No team is going to offer a 1st or 2nd, so trading him does not make a lot of sense.

I don't get trading him, he's clearly the focal point of the offense when he plays. At least find a solid long term replacement.

I actually have been thinking about this possibility. IF they parted with their second, that would really give us a freedom to take who we please at 12. However, I sincerely doubt the Lions are dumb enough to do this.

why would we trade ronnie? we know what he does when healthy, and now with the addition of marshall, our offense is a really scary one in my opinion. trading ronnie makes it less scary. people may forget, but when ronnie went down, ricky started to wear down a little, and i think they both compliment eachother well.

i dont see a point on trading ronnie unless we got a first round pick which will never happen. i feel it would make our offense less potent.

he will be 29 this season, but still i feel he may have a few more good years left, and also splitting with ricky, and cobbs being back will put less wear on him now.

i no running backs usually decline by like 31-32 in the nfl, but now these days, most teams have a running back by committee so much backs rnt taking 30-35 carries a game anymore, so i think him and most running backs now can be effective for longer amount of years.

bottom line is, i just dont see a point on trading ronnibe bc i think we can do something special this year, and even though i still think we can be good without him, i feel with him we can be great.

I don't see the Lions offering Miami what they want. Unless they want to swap Ronnie for Cliff Avril, even then it's somewhat of a lopsided deal.

Back
Top Bottom