Lions could take a QB with the No.2 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions could take a QB with the No.2 pick

JaMarcus Russell will go to the Lions...Brady Quinn will be a Raider....they just release Aaron Brook...meaning there going after a QB

JaMarcus Russell will go to the Lions...Brady Quinn will be a Raider....they just release Aaron Brook...meaning there going after a QB

Who says they won't go after a free agent?

Do you know how old Kitna is? If anything, I would totally think their going QB.
Just my take.

That would make too much sense for the Lions. Figures, they would choose to play it smart this draft.

Do you know how old Kitna is? If anything, I would totally think their going QB.
Just my take.

i have DET going QB in my early mock so far...it makes the most sense. why would they pass up on a potential franchise QB when they may not have the same chance next year. Kitna is old as dirt and they already have a top notch LT. They need a RT. They can find that in the 2nd round. I have DET picking Quinn at #2. CLE should be picking Joe Thomas.

I hope they don't draft a QB. Let's send our #9 and Cleo Lemon for their #2. :evil:

I would do that in a heartbeat if we'd get Calvin Johnson with the 2nd pick.

That's if you put into account that if Cleo is picked up by someone else, we get an extra second round pick. So some could assume Cleo is worth a second rounder in a trade.

Millen is on thin ice and needs his team to win now. He is trying to find a trade partner to stockpile more picks where they have needs everywhere...

Thats why he got an extension this year? Because the Fords figured SORRY MILLEN! YOURE ON THIN ICE....

HERE'S YOUR NEW CONTRACT!

Jesus people.. where do you make up your "facts" ?

I would do that in a heartbeat if we'd get Calvin Johnson with the 2nd pick.

That's if you put into account that if Cleo is picked up by someone else, we get an extra second round pick. So some could assume Cleo is worth a second rounder in a trade.

Hey, if Rick Spielman was dumb enough to send off a 2nd rounder, well, Millen's not that far off.

Lions | QB still a draft option
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:58:48 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions president Matt Millen would not rule out the possibility of using the team's No. 2 overall draft choice on a quarterback this year. "There is a good group of quarterbacks in this draft," Millen said. The team had incumbent QB Jon Kitna as their starting quarterback last season.

www.kffl.com

this would cause a rippple effect in the draft. Should the lions take a QB, it would probably be Quinn or Russel, whomever is remaining.
bet they take peterson that would cause the same effect though Lmao:lol:

bet they take peterson that would cause the same effect though Lmao:lol:

Them taking Peterson wouldn't be that big I don't think. It would really depend on who picks 3rd though. If Browns are 3rd, they take Thomas. But if it's the bucs they could take Thomas Or Johnson(if he were there). If they took Thomas though, who would the Browns take? Likely Branch, then maybe Adams, or Johnson. They could use any of those 5 players really.

(That's all assuming they didn't take a QB of course)

Trade-baiting in case the Raiders do indeed trade for Byron Leftwich and draft Calvin Johnson.

Everyone knows that Joe Thomas is the most likely pick for the Lions...but he's not worth a #2 when the Lions could trade down and get him at a different pick.

You believe they could trade down and still get Thomas??? How far down do you think he'll go? I think that guy is gonna be a top 5 pick. If he falls to 9 and the Phins don't snag him I'm gonna just be so ticked off.

GO PHINS~!

i have DET going QB in my early mock so far...it makes the most sense. why would they pass up on a potential franchise QB when they may not have the same chance next year. Kitna is old as dirt and they already have a top notch LT. They need a RT. They can find that in the 2nd round. I have DET picking Quinn at #2. CLE should be picking Joe Thomas.

I agree they could likely take a QB, but I think there's a big potential they would take someone besides Quinn (Russell, Stanton, Smith, or Leak etc.). Not everyone is going to grade them out the same or believe that they will fit into their system so that doesn't really worry me in terms of having a quality QB available to the Phins in the first or second round.

GO PHINS~!

Back
Top Bottom