Lions looking to trade Stafford? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions looking to trade Stafford?

Miami is getting Tua it’s a done deal don’t get your panties in a bunch guys. We will easily trade up with all the draft capital we have. He wants to be in Miami not Detroit, he’s said as much
But we would have to get to number 2 to do it.

I have to believe Detroit is targeting Herbert. He can play immediately and gives the coach and GM a built in excuse for another disappointing season.

i think it was when RT got hurt, but yeah stafford on this team is pointless, about week 3-4 of 2020 would be his retirement game unless we legit fix the OL

Additionally with Fitz reportedly coming back how exactly would that work?
This team needs a young QB going forward.

Trading Matthew Stafford would leave behind $32M of dead cap to the #Lions, a loss of $10.7M of space. Detroit has already restructured and paid out a $6M bonus for the season. He’s staying put in 2020. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/matthew-stafford-6078/

If this is true then the math minimizes the chances that they use their first pick on a Qb to sit behind Stafford.
But it doesn't preclude them from trading that pick to the highest bidder.

I've said it from day 1 the real dark-horse is Washington.
There is nothing to stop them from drafting a Qb.

There are even more reasons why it would.

Please explain because as it stands:

1) Stafford has a huge contract that someone would need to take on
2) Stafford is not the problem in Detroit. It's highly unlikely a rookie is going to come in and outperform Stafford year 1
3) Patricia and Co need to start winning now. How are they going to do that if they trade Stafford?

etc etc...

Stafford, the man that pads his stats in garbage time, is highly overrated and it would be ridiculous if the Dolphins even considered him. Even more ridiculous is the thought that Detroit would destroy their cap situation by moving him.

Free agency and the draft can't get here soon enough so we can deal with facts instead of all this fiction.

Please explain because as it stands:

1) Stafford has a huge contract that someone would need to take on
2) Stafford is not the problem in Detroit. It's highly unlikely a rookie is going to come in and outperform Stafford year 1
3) Patricia and Co need to start winning now. How are they going to do that if they trade Stafford?

etc etc...
They have the best reason of all to move on from him. He isn't very good. Plus they are in a great position, draft wise, to take one of the top three QB's. Matt Stafford's career record is 69-79-1 and was selected to play in only one pro bowl. He along with Eli Manning are two of the most overrated QBs I've ever seen, but at least Eli got hot a few times in the post season.

Additionally with Fitz reportedly coming back how exactly would that work?
This team needs a young QB going forward.

thats why i was saying it'd be insane to bring in stafford this year. what i quoted you initially on was idea behind Gase looking into trading for Stafford 3 years ago. Unless Grier has the greatest draft and FA of all time then Stafford would be insane to think about. If you asked me who i wanted for a championship run THIS season then i'd take Staf over Fitz, but its not championship run season.

Lions trying to drive up the price on pick #3 unless Stafford's back is really messed up and they believe they wont win many games next season with him. Patricia and Quinn need results next season or they're gone.

This is what I’m thinking too. I have a feeling that Detroit picks Tua Or Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom