Lions May Cut QB Joey Harrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions May Cut QB Joey Harrington

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
52_JoeyHarrington_face_SeahawksJPG-1.jpg

Rumors around Detroit are that they may let Starting QB Joey Harrington go after 3 seasons in which he has never lived up to his full potential. Detroit has stuck by him and has surrounded him with weapons but Harrington has failed to produce good numbers and a good season. The former First Round Pick is being listed as a probable bust and is on the verge of being cut.

What does everyone think of him? Of Detroit's decision?

I for one think it is about time they do something about this. IMO, they don't even have to let him go. Ask him to take a pay cut and make him the 2nd stringer, If he refuses then you release him. Mike McMahon is a better player IMO and deserves the starting job. Hopefully Detroit doesn't let him go because he is a FA this offseason. McMahon has been deserving of a shot to play but unfortunately Detroit had invested so much in Joey they couldn't play McMahon, well now Mike has his shot to start...hopefully he takes advantage of it.

I give Harrington another year or two. We all know the problems in Detroit were greater then their QB situation. If Rogers could stay healthy and now that they have finally found a solid RB (Kevin Jones) I think the future is bright in Detroit. I think Harrington can work through his problems and I don't think Mooch should give up on him. I may be in the minority on this one but Brees came into his own in his 4th year and I think Harrington has shown more promise his first 3 years then Brees did. I don't know their cap situation so maybe the Lions have to get rid of him because of that but if not, I think they might be making a mistake!

Harringtons numbers since he came into the league....

Harrington...

798 for 1472 (54.2% completion) 8221 Yards 48 TD 50 INT
He has shown improvement every season though, and his last season has been the best....better than I thought but he also throws picks at crucial times which makes him look worse then he is. Detroit's FO has a tough decision ahead of them.

One thing we're forgetting Primetime, He now has Roy Williams who is only going to get better next year and will be an All-Pro, if not next year, very soon after!

I know he has Roy Williams which is good, but he throws INTs at crucial times...kind of like AJ did this season. Joey has done this since he came into the league ( both from Oregon ;) ), which is why IMO that Detroit is thinking of cutting him. Next year, whomever the QB of Detroit is, they better put up good #s with Kevin Jones as their RB and healthy WRs Roy Williams and Charles Rogers.

He only had 12 INT's this season and he played all 16 games. I understand he throws them in big spots but I think he's improved enough to hold onto his job. I mean it isn't like the Lions are a SB contender so his progress seems to be even with the teams!

Back
Top Bottom