Listening to Nick Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Listening to Nick Saban

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the feeling that this guy is going to turn the NFL on its ear before he's done? I hear this guy talk, and I think we may have the smartest football coach in the NFL. You never hear him stutter for words. He is always prepared to answer a question, and it's obvious that he knows what he is talking about when it comes to football. He can identify exact things that they need to work on and verbalize those things to the media and fans in a way that they can understand them. This is in quite contrast to Dave Wannstedt, who could never seem to identify what it was that the team needed to work on.

Nick is also stressing the little things, which I feel is a stark contrast to Dave as well. Travis Daniels stated in his interview that one of the rookies asked him what he needed to do to keep Nick from yelling at him. Daniels told him to just finish the plays. Even if you fall down or make a mistake, get up and finish the play. Nick will curr you more for quitting than he will for making a mistake.

KB21 said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this guy is going to turn the NFL on its ear before he's done? I hear this guy talk, and I think we may have the smartest football coach in the NFL. You never hear him stutter for words. He is always prepared to answer a question, and it's obvious that he knows what he is talking about when it comes to football. He can identify exact things that they need to work on and verbalize those things to the media and fans in a way that they can understand them. This is in quite contrast to Dave Wannstedt, who could never seem to identify what it was that the team needed to work on.

Nick is also stressing the little things, which I feel is a stark contrast to Dave as well. Travis Daniels stated in his interview that one of the rookies asked him what he needed to do to keep Nick from yelling at him. Daniels told him to just finish the plays. Even if you fall down or make a mistake, get up and finish the play. Nick will curr you more for quitting than he will for making a mistake.
It's great finally to have a head coach that looks at everything, and knows what he wants, and gets it out of his players.

It really does feel like we have a Jimmy Johnson at the start of the Cowboys era on our hands here. It's what we thought we were getting two coaches ago.

Yeah its definetly a STARK contrast in styles and knowledge between Wanny and Saban. I think seems like we might have another Shula on our hands.

I do agree....Call it homerism or what but I feel like we will have a top HC of all time, i want say exaclty where but it seems that way....he is not a only a coach but a LEADER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ether79 said:
Yeah its definetly a STARK contrast in styles and knowledge between Wanny and Saban. I think seems like we might have another Shula on our hands.

I don't know for sure, but I think I have read that Shula was a very intense coach when he was younger. Is that true? Was Shula as intense as Saban or JJ?

Steve

unifiedtheory said:
It's nice to have a details oriented coach for once...as opposed to the "Clueless One" we have had to put up with for so damn long.
Amen to that brother!

I love when Saban steps to the mic. He commands the room in pretty much every interview he takes part in....he's flawless apart from the time he called A.J. Feeley "A.J. Fiedler"

Lurking around and following the mini camp, I already miss Saban back at LSU. He ran LSU like he is now running the Dolphins. Thankfully I'm a Dolphins fan too. Everything I've listened to is the same thing he was saying back at LSU. You guys don't have to worry about Saban being another college coach that can't make it in the NFL. He was coaching and running LSU just like an NFL organization. And that is what I'll miss about him. Your gain and our loss. I expect the Dolphins to make the playoffs this year.

He is a man who exudes confidence and credibility.I finally feel we are in good hands.Its just a matter of time before we are on top again.I wouldnt be surprised if he made coach of the year.

HysterikiLL said:
I love when Saban steps to the mic. He commands the room in pretty much every interview he takes part in....he's flawless apart from the time he called A.J. Feeley "A.J. Fiedler"

That wasnt a mistake.............. :roflmao:

When I listen to Nick speak I feel like even in his words you can hear the attention to detail. You get the feeling hes a very detailed and meticulous coach who can really break down not just players or football but individuals and personalities as well and that he can kinda impress his will upon a team in a verity of ways. Im very excited to see if his impact as coach will be as big as it has as GM.

I kinda like when he snapped at a reporter because he was asked basically the same question as yesterday. He said that they haven't changed anything from yesterday to merit a question like that.

Back
Top Bottom