Listening to WQAM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Listening to WQAM

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Listening to the Big O on WQAM. He seems noncommital about the move but did say the people he talked to think we overpaid.

After a night to sleep onit, I still don't like it, but I guess we have to live with it.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Listening to the Big O on WQAM. He seems noncommital about the move but did say the people he talked to think we overpaid.

After a night to sleep onit, I still don't like it, but I guess we have to live with it.

did you sleep on it or did you actually sleep on it and actually think hard about it? My guess is that you dont know doodley squat about Feeley like the rest of us.

Re: Re: Listening to WQAM

Originally posted by finfan54

did you sleep on it or did you actually sleep on it and actually think hard about it? My guess is that you dont know doodley squat about Feeley like the rest of us.

My thoughts are he's right on. I don't mind freeley coming in, nor that they think he's the answer. What I do mind is the 5 million dollar bonus. He's unproven, we have Ogun, adn Chambers to think about. It's a concensus that O-gun's gone, but the ball is in his court,a nd offering an unproven QB 5 million guranteed probably doesn't feel too good to him. Nor Chambers who's production has suffered due to lack luster QB play over the past few years. Is this move in his, Ricky's, and McMichaels best interest?

This sends a message to the team intended or not. This team is not willing to pursue a high-profile QB. If it works out, that's great, but we just guranteed this guy 5 million dollars, which makes it hard to get rid of him if he busts. If he EARNS that money, I have no problem with it. Give him a contract with a 1.5 million dollar bonus (what Delhomme got) and put lots of incentives in the contract. Nobody can argue that this is a risk. A risk that makes it very hard for us to pursue other options in the near future if this guy turns out to be a flop.

It's not that much in reality. It's what a 1m signing bonus a year thing?

With a 2.3m or so a year in base.

That figures to be a 2-3m cap charge for this year or so. That's really not that bad. I say let's just commit around him.

If Miami's Front Office, a place that is obviously better at evaluating talent and salary cap situations than all of us, would rather have Feeley start at QB next season than Ramsey, Henson or Rivers, then I certainly would take their word for it.

Re: Re: Re: Listening to WQAM

Originally posted by Graythreat

My thoughts are he's right on. I don't mind freeley coming in, nor that they think he's the answer. What I do mind is the 5 million dollar bonus. He's unproven, we have Ogun, adn Chambers to think about. It's a concensus that O-gun's gone, but the ball is in his court,a nd offering an unproven QB 5 million guranteed probably doesn't feel too good to him. Nor Chambers who's production has suffered due to lack luster QB play over the past few years. Is this move in his, Ricky's, and McMichaels best interest?

This sends a message to the team intended or not. This team is not willing to pursue a high-profile QB. If it works out, that's great, but we just guranteed this guy 5 million dollars, which makes it hard to get rid of him if he busts. If he EARNS that money, I have no problem with it. Give him a contract with a 1.5 million dollar bonus (what Delhomme got) and put lots of incentives in the contract. Nobody can argue that this is a risk. A risk that makes it very hard for us to pursue other options in the near future if this guy turns out to be a flop.

That, in essence, is the reason for the uproar over this. I'm beginning to think that Dolphins fans pay less attention to the rest of the NFL than any other team's fans. He's not a high profile QB, so he must not be good. Tell me. What high profile QB was available.

Oh, we could have got Drew Henson. He's got a big name. He's been in the news a lot. Everyone says he would have been the top pick had he decided to play football 3 years ago. Problem is, he doesn't even have much experience at the college level on top of not playing the game in three years. Yet, some of you would jump for joy if Miami gave up a high draft pick to get him simply because he carries a big name.

You completely ignore the fact that Miami tried to get Patrick Ramsey over the weekend, but their efforts were rebuffed by Washington who simply refuses to trade him. Henson does not offer an immediate upgrade, and the risk in going after him is very high because he hasn't played in so long. Look no farther than Chad Hutchinson to see this, and Hutchinson was probably a better college quarterback than Henson.

Miami simply is going with the next best option available, and that is AJ Feeley.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Listening to WQAM

Originally posted by KBISBACK

That, in essence, is the reason for the uproar over this. I'm beginning to think that Dolphins fans pay less attention to the rest of the NFL than any other team's fans. He's not a high profile QB, so he must not be good. Tell me. What high profile QB was available.

Oh, we could have got Drew Henson. He's got a big name. He's been in the news a lot. Everyone says he would have been the top pick had he decided to play football 3 years ago. Problem is, he doesn't even have much experience at the college level on top of not playing the game in three years. Yet, some of you would jump for joy if Miami gave up a high draft pick to get him simply because he carries a big name.

You completely ignore the fact that Miami tried to get Patrick Ramsey over the weekend, but their efforts were rebuffed by Washington who simply refuses to trade him. Henson does not offer an immediate upgrade, and the risk in going after him is very high because he hasn't played in so long. Look no farther than Chad Hutchinson to see this, and Hutchinson was probably a better college quarterback than Henson.

Miami simply is going with the next best option available, and that is AJ Feeley.

:clap: :clap:

Is that "next best option" good enough???....

Bottom Line : We shouldn't even have to be asking ourselves that question IMO. Unfortunately, with a QB like Feeley, we have to.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MaraxusKA
Miami's Front Office, a place that is obviously better at evaluating talent and salary cap situations than all of us

That is not a safe assumption. I have very little faith in the talent evaluation of the Dolphins' FO.

Originally posted by MaraxusKA
If Miami's Front Office, a place that is obviously better at evaluating talent and salary cap situations than all of us, would rather have Feeley start at QB next season than Ramsey, Henson or Rivers, then I certainly would take their word for it.

I bet the front office would rather have Ramsey, but they weren't able to trade for him. You can't start a rookie in his first year, but we wouldn't have gotten Rivers or Henson to start in 2004, we would have gotten them, had them sit on the bench for a year, and then let them start in 2005.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Bottom Line : We shouldn't even have to be asking ourselves that question IMO. Unfortunately, with a QB like Feeley, we have to.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

The only reason you ask yourself that question is that you are oblivious to the rest of the NFL. If you had paid attention to what goes on in the rest of the league, you would have noticed that AJ Feeley played his way into a starting job based on his play in 2002.

Oh, but we wanted to get the big name in Drew Henson and wait three years till he's ready to play.

What high profile QB do you want? Or maybe you want to hold out for Rivers, who may not actually BE THERE at 20 when we pick. Henson last played when? The last two years we BARELY missed the playoffs. If Feeley can be just slightly better than Fiedler, ie hit some deep balls, no bonehead INT's, we should be in. When Feeley reaches his full potential, who knows how good he can be? At least this move allows us to go WR or OLine in round one.
I for one think Feeley will be better than Fiedler. Add some playmakers to that, and we should be in much better shape than we've been in. QB's are found in the strangest places, fellows(Brady, Warner, Delhomme, Garcia, Brunnell, Bulger, Kitna, Favre, Brooks, UNITAS) none were first rounders, all were low, or undrafted, or freakin' Arena league. I live in the Philly area and the Eagles fans really like Feeley. Let's see what happens.

At first I was a little shocked but the more I think about it the more I see the logic. Jay's gone and that's a good thing. This guy will play hard and will take nothing for granted. I will back him up like the fan I am and hope for the best. I can't wait tosee him play at least 1 or 2 pre-season games. I wanna see him trowing the ball deep a few times and see how it goes.

Ozzy rules!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

We've allready got Feeley bashers :lol:

Hey Muck and A.J, pretty soon he's gonna need his own spot on the forum ;)

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Quick Question Blitz, it's obvious that you are not happy. So I ask you, what should we have done??

Back
Top Bottom