Little known fact... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Little known fact...

View attachment 50823

Glorifying this guy after one year, is absolutely insane.

After the way he has looked with his last two teams...
Career stats:

YearTeamYDSTDINTRating
2019MIA3,529201385.5
2018TB2,3661712100.4
2017TB1,1037386.0
2016NYJ2,710121769.6
2015NYJ3,905311588.0

Maybe not that insane.

Would I rather have Tua out there instead of Fitz...Sure, but this is a rebuild, where there will be a lot of bumps, and Lumps along the way, best to have an experienced QB that at the end of his career seems to have turn the corner slightly as far as consistancy. Tua can come in mid year, by the end of the year, or even next year when things have been stabilized...Besides, learning from the sidelines is not going to hurt Tua's growth, but probably help it considerably.

Last edited:
Only qbs that have an argument over Marino is Peyton, Brady, and Montana. I would take Marino over all of them but I’m biased.
I do add Elway to this list- as an arguable. Marino and Elway as QB's were awfully close, but Elway was way more mobile. I know Elway has the rings, but that is more to Shanahan's running game. If I am starting a franchise and I can pick ANY QB from history, not knowing what system will be run, or I want to protect myself in case of system change, I am picking from Marino, Elway, P Manning. No one else.(too early for me on Mahomes, but some day, maybe)

Do not care. That was your interpretation.

Like Pennington before him, he is a placeholder or stopgap, nothing more nothing less.

Some like to put others on pedestals, who have done little to nothing to earn it.

One more year until we get our own in that much needed position.
No sh-t, there’s not a person alive that thought he was anything other than a stopgap.
Apparently in your view you can’t give kudos.

He’s always in my top 5..

And right now I’m my old/new school top 5 that’s

Marino
Young
Mahomes
Wilson
Staubach
This is really a "to each his own" arguement. Obviously, due to rules changes, differing situations, etc, arguements can be made for different guys, but if you are putting RW ahead of guys like Montana and Brady, I can't take you seriously.

No offense intended......

Only qbs that have an argument over Marino is Peyton, Brady, and Montana. I would take Marino over all of them but I’m biased.

Honestly none of those 3 qbs could hold a candle to Marino.

Shula coached teams w Marino were considerably less talented then those 3 qbs you mentioned - including when the 9ers trounced us in the SB.

Marino was simply the best ever.

He had to take hits to the head - hits after the play hits to his knees - receivers getting mauled down field - it’s really not even close - I would love to see how long Brady would have lasted in the 80’s - less the 5 years - it was SO rare that qbs got free first down for the crap they call today.
Brady made a career on those awful rule changes...
Anyhow Marino was an absolute freak of nature....
I loved it when he would get all firey mad at a receiver run down the field and start yelling at people - LOL!!!

Honestly none of those 3 qbs could hold a candle to Marino.

Shula coached teams w Marino were considerably less talented then those 3 qbs you mentioned - including when the 9ers trounced us in the SB.

Marino was simply the best ever.

He had to take hits to the head - hits after the play hits to his knees - receivers getting mauled down field - it’s really not even close - I would love to see how long Brady would have lasted in the 80’s - less the 5 years - it was SO rare that qbs got free first down for the crap they call today.
Brady made a career on those awful rule changes...
Anyhow Marino was an absolute freak of nature....
I loved it when he would get all firey mad at a receiver run down the field and start yelling at people - LOL!!!

I agree Marino would run circles around people today with the way the rules are. He was a 60% career passer in a time when 50% was a benchmark. You could maul receivers and QBs were football players not GQ cover models who get 15 yards if you sneeze in their direction. I know athletes are bigger and faster but you could suplex a guy after the whistle and it was a warning, it was the gladiator arena out there during his prime.

To be fair it's a different game today than it was even 15-20 years ago. The newer guys will be setting all the passing records because of how much more prominent the passing game is today. If you look at the top 25 single season yards leaders, 24/25 happened in the last 20 years. Only Dan in 84 was outside (Kurt Warner in 2001 is also on the list).

What about Dan Fouts? He was right up there with Marino.

And Fran Tarkenton was another phenomenal player...fuggin' Sammy Baugh.

I don't care to compare the greats...I'd rather reminisce over aspects of their game that made them great.

My 3 QB's are the same. Marino, Manning, Elway. If I were to take a 4th, it would be Unitas.

Now, my list of favorite QB's ever is Marino, P. Manning, Elway, Favre, and James Pennington.

What about Dan Fouts? He was right up there with Marino.

And Fran Tarkenton was another phenomenal player...fuggin' Sammy Baugh.

I don't care to compare the greats...I'd rather reminisce over aspects of their game that made them great.

Tarkenton and Fouts were terrifically underrated. But I don't put either of them in the same class as Marino.

Back
Top Bottom