Little known fact... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Little known fact...

My 3 QB's are the same. Marino, Manning, Elway. If I were to take a 4th, it would be Unitas.

Now, my list of favorite QB's ever is Marino, P. Manning, Elway, Favre, and James Pennington.
who the hell is James Pennington?

This is really a "to each his own" arguement. Obviously, due to rules changes, differing situations, etc, arguements can be made for different guys, but if you are putting RW ahead of guys like Montana and Brady, I can't take you seriously.

No offense intended......
Montana and Brady needed to start their careers in the right system. Yes, as they become wiley old vets who have seen everything they can play anywhere, but they needed to fit a very narrow window to become what they were. Brady also needed a team that cheats out its ass. The guys on DJs list could have started anywhere under any circumstance and achieved their greatness.

Montana and Brady needed to start their careers in the right system. Yes, as they become wiley old vets who have seen everything they can play anywhere, but they needed to fit a very narrow window to become what they were. Brady also needed a team that cheats out its ***. The guys on DJs list could have started anywhere under any circumstance and achieved their greatness.
So, in an historical context, you believe Wilson to be a superior QB to Montana and Brady?

A simple yes or no?

I like Fitz's character a lot, but I'm not thinking he is a top 30 all-time QB.

Having said that, I do think he displayed the best QB play in a Dolphins uniform since Dan Marino.

Tannehill had a couple of good seasons that were clearly better on better teams even though the line has been atrocious for many years. Let’s not forget the one magical year that Chad Pennington had.

But I like Fitz, he has character and I like his style of play. Definitely rooting for him.

So, in an historical context, you believe Wilson to be a superior QB to Montana and Brady?

A simple yes or no?
I think I explained my stance fairly concisely and clearly. I know what you’re trying to do and I’m not playing an internet argument game. You can either debate what I said or not, but I’m not going to be lead into defending a position you want me to make.

I think I explained my stance fairly concisely and clearly. I know what you’re trying to do and I’m not playing an internet argument game. You can either debate what I said or not, but I’m not going to be lead into defending a position you want me to make.
Lol

My question was pretty simple, and Wilson was the only QB I took issue with. Wasn't trying to bait you into anything.

I defy you to show me any credible all time QB list that puts him in a class with the all time greats.

You did state your stance clearly. I was just wondering if you cared to back it up with anything tangible.

I guess I see the forum as a place to debate, and exchange views, not just an echo chamber.

My apologies if I offended.....

Lol

My question was pretty simple, and Wilson was the only QB I took issue with. Wasn't trying to bait you into anything.Ia gree

I defy you to show me any credible all time QB list that puts him in a class with the all time greats.

You did state your stance clearly. I was just wondering if you cared to back it up with anything tangible.

I guess I see the forum as a place to debate, and exchange views, not just an echo chamber.

I agree with you 100% on Brady and Montana. I disagree 100% on putting Russell Wilson's name anywhere in a "greatest of all-time" discussion (at least thus far in his career...and i don't see that changing betwene now and his retirement). I would also disagree with anybody placing Steve Young anywhere in the top 10. However, we are each entitled to have our own opinions. In the grand scheme of things, these sports discussions have no weight on anything in the world and are really quite unimportant. It's just a fun hobby.

Do not care. That was your interpretation.

Like Pennington before him, he is a placeholder or stopgap, nothing more nothing less.

Some like to put others on pedestals, who have done little to nothing to earn it.

One more year until we get our own in that much needed position.

I find it ironic that you talk down on people for placing Fitzpatrick on a pedestal considering you are so high on an oft-injured player who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

And, no, I am not among those that places Fotzpatrick on a pedestal. I like what he brings to the team but it is obvious he is a stopgap (and I odn't recall anybody arguing otherwise)..

James Chadwick Pennington. He was an NFL QB from 2000-2010. He was with the New York Jets from 2000-2007 and with the Miami Dolphins from 2008-2010. He is the only player in NFL history to win Comeback Player of the Year twice.

Never knew his first name was James

Who's glorifying him?

This tweet is basically putting his career in perspective....

Welcome to Finheaven, where practically anything you write is somehow distorted, misinterpreted or purposely spun in a completely different direction — even in instances where you were crystal clear.:shrug:

James Chadwick Pennington. He was an NFL QB from 2000-2010. He was with the New York Jets from 2000-2007 and with the Miami Dolphins from 2008-2010. He is the only player in NFL history to win Comeback Player of the Year twice.

I also need to add Eli Manning to my list of favorites.
Had no idea Chad was not his true name.

On this episode of did you know: Ryan Fitzpatrick needs 1 playoff appearance this year for him to have his first playoff appearance in his career.

On this episode of did you know: Ryan Fitzpatrick needs 1 playoff appearance this year for him to have his first playoff appearance in his career.

He's been the starting QB of some really shitty teams :chuckle:

I think he did play on a very good Rams team his first two years but never started with Warner there

Lol

My question was pretty simple, and Wilson was the only QB I took issue with. Wasn't trying to bait you into anything.

My stance was clearly enough explained that it was "tangible".

I believe Wilson and the other QBs DJ mentioned could start and have similar levels of personal success for virtually any system. I don't believe that for Montana or Brady. Answering yes or no to your question would just turn into a pissing contest about records and team successes, when that isn't what I was talking about.

Brady and Montana had better careers than Wilson, BUT that doesn't mean they are better QBs overall, imo. I also don't much care what other sources say about it.

Back
Top Bottom