Little known fact... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Little known fact...

I never base a football player or QBs career in general on SB wins. Football is the one sport where you really need an outstanding year from your head coach all the way down to the water boy. There are so many variables that take place during the season. It’s the ultimate team sport where everything needs to go right.

Of course we've learned through the years that cheating helps a lot too!

Not to mention cream puff schedules with every conceivable advantage

designed to assure home field in the playoffs.

My stance was clearly enough explained that it was "tangible".

I believe Wilson and the other QBs DJ mentioned could start and have similar levels of personal success for virtually any system. I don't believe that for Montana or Brady. Answering yes or no to your question would just turn into a pissing contest about records and team successes, when that isn't what I was talking about.

Brady and Montana had better careers than Wilson, BUT that doesn't mean they are better QBs overall, imo. I also don't much care what other sources say about it.

rxkvpaxbdpj41.jpg

8724600-13781596.jpg

I've said this several time. If you had a time machine and could put Brady in his prime on those 80's/90's teams and put Marino in his prime on the 2000's Patriots teams, are we even mentioning Bradys name today and how many would question Marino's place as #1 all time?

What about Dan Fouts? He was right up there with Marino
I liked Fouts, but he usually blew it in the playoffs. Career 12TDs/16INTs in the postseason. 5 picks vs Hou in '79' playoff home loss. He played well against us in that '82 game, but we got revenge the next year when he threw 5 picks and lost to us big in the Divisional Game.

Last edited:
This is really a "to each his own" arguement. Obviously, due to rules changes, differing situations, etc, arguements can be made for different guys, but if you are putting RW ahead of guys like Montana and Brady, I can't take you seriously.

No offense intended......
Brady deserves it for sure, completely spaced on him, Great respect for him, my list was a little different because I wanted to include the era we live in now and project what could be when all said and done, and who I would I want to start a franchise with..

Man, I’ve always thought if I had to win the super bowl Steve young would be 1st, most dangerous.

I put wilson and Mahomes in there because of How I felt about both players coming out of college..they have reached the status that I thought both would.. mvp of the league/elite.

Staubach was as talented as Mahomes is today, champion..

So, in an historical context, you believe Wilson to be a superior QB to Montana and Brady?

A simple yes or no?
You can’t answer that question right now, it’s a projection and thats why I gave my list a context..

I don't think anyone thinks years plural. It's more like Mahomes, end of year or start of 2021 depending on where Miami is at.
I'm not sure I understand the comment.

My response was to a poster saying he would draft Steve Young to start a franchise.

Young wasn't very good early in his career.

It was pretty cool the way Flo and Fitz took a ragtag bunch of guys and turned them into a team. By the time week 16 rolled around the team was playing very good football. We just need to carry over the momentum and we'll be fine plus we had a GREAT off season.

Only qbs that have an argument over Marino is Peyton, Brady, and Montana. I would take Marino over all of them but I’m biased.
Montana isn’t better than Marino so that argument is settled. You have to remember, Marino played under a completely different set of rules as far as QBs, offenses, and defenses were penalized. Marino playing under the rules that Payton and Brady got to play under, he would own every record in the books.

Back
Top Bottom