LJ Shelton drawing the interest of FOUR teams.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LJ Shelton drawing the interest of FOUR teams....

I knew that we wasnt interested in him because he would be wanting too much $. I amsuprised that the Bills arent one of them four teams.

the bills could have traded travis henry for l.j. shelton...they are still trying to get a 2nd round pick for him...the only way that happens is if a very good team panics after their starter goes down in preseason and they dont have any depth...

I didnt think we'd be interested in him... and am kinda glad that we're not.

Our LT of the future is either on this roster or in the first round of the draft next year.

jd13 said:
the bills could have traded travis henry for l.j. shelton...they are still trying to get a 2nd round pick for him...the only way that happens is if a very good team panics after their starter goes down in preseason and they dont have any depth...
3rd. Shelton was already brought in by the bills. There's must be something seriously wrong w/ the guy if McNally didn't think he was worth a trade for Henry or not interested in him even after he was dropped by the Cards.

finsnchips said:
I didnt think we'd be interested in him... and am kinda glad that we're not.

Our LT of the future is either on this roster or in the first round of the draft next year.
:yes:

Justasportsfan said:
3rd. Shelton was already brought in by the bills. There's must be something seriously wrong w/ the guy if McNally didn't think he was worth a trade for Henry or not interested in him even after he was dropped by the Cards.

oh...now there is something seriously wrong with him...because McNally didn't want him!!! :lol:

Maybe...he told Barfalo to shove it. Maybe he really never wanted to play for Barfalo...if a trade occurred he had no choice but now...he does...just because he didn't go to Barfalo doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him... :shakeno: Maybe McStupid wanted too much in return for Henry...and that's why the Shelton trade didn't occur...and now you are stuck with no picks and a player who said he will not play for Barfalo again...I think it blew up in McStupid's face...don't you...and the person that there is something really wrong with is McNally...think about it :roflmao:

Go Fins!!!

While he has a great deal of raw talent, has he really shown more than McIntosh in his years in the league? Didn't San Diego scrimmage against Arizona the last couple of years the way we did/do with Tampa? If so Houck would have seen him up close and if Houck doesn't want to make a run at him, I'm convinced we should let him slide by.

Sal Lisitano said:
oh...now there is something seriously wrong with him...because McNally didn't want him!!! :lol:

Maybe...he told Barfalo to shove it. Maybe he really never wanted to play for Barfalo...if a trade occurred he had no choice but now...he does...just because he didn't go to Barfalo doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him... :shakeno: Maybe McStupid wanted too much in return for Henry...and that's why the Shelton trade didn't occur...and now you are stuck with no picks and a player who said he will not play for Barfalo again...I think it blew up in McStupid's face...don't you...and the person that there is something really wrong with is McNally...think about it :roflmao:

Go Fins!!!
Sal, you seriously have common sense problem about the situation.
Let me educate you Sal. why would you trade Henry for a player you don't want who happens to carry a 3 million contract? Helloo!

Wanted too much? We can bring in Shelton now without giving up anything ,can we? We don't have to pay him 3 million now if we even wanted him.

"Maybe...he told Barfalo to shove it. Maybe he really never wanted to play for Barfalo..."
After he visited buffalo, he cancelled all his other visits because he wanted to play for buffalo.I'd pull out the loink but you ain't worth the effort.BTW, we aren't stuck with Henry. The season hasn't started yet incase you didn't notice. The titans are still trying to deal for Henry but we're not accepting a 5th.

Now tell me, if McNally didn't want Shelton do you wonder why Houck as well didn't inquire about him? Looks like Houck is stupid as well. DUH!!!

You might want to think before you post.

Justasportsfan said:
Sal, you seriously have common sense problem about the situation.
Let me educate you Sal. why would you trade Henry for a player you don't want who happens to carry a 3 million contract? Helloo!

Wanted too much? We can bring in Shelton now without giving up anything ,can we? We don't have to pay him 3 million now if we even wanted him.

"Maybe...he told Barfalo to shove it. Maybe he really never wanted to play for Barfalo..."
After he visited buffalo, he cancelled all his other visits because he wanted to play for buffalo.I'd pull out the loink but you ain't worth the effort.BTW, we aren't stuck with Henry. The season hasn't started yet incase you didn't notice. The titans are still trying to deal for Henry but we're not accepting a 5th.

Now tell me, if McNally didn't want Shelton do you wonder why Houck as well didn't inquire about him? Looks like Houck is stupid as well. DUH!!!

You might want to think before you post.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Shelton...Zona wanted to get rid of him...McNally wanted too much in return for Henry...the trade falls through...so Shelton gets released...now he has the option to sign with who he wants...because he's a free agent...if there is something wrong with him...why hasn't it come out yet? C'mon...think about it...and just because Hudson didn't go after him doesn't mean a thing...how do you know that we have not inquired about him? Maybe Hudson feels that what he has is good enough and that Shelton wouldn't be much of an upgrade. I don't know...but IMO...I think McNally screwed this up...he wanted to much and is now stuck with Henry who kind of bashed the organization...and does not want to play for Barfalo...why does something have to be wrong with him? If that was the case...why are 4 other teams looking at him? DUH!!!

Funny how he's being sought by other teams but not Buffalo anymore so now something must be wrong...right...no wrong!!! DUH!!!

When a player becomes a free agent...do all the other 31 teams look at a player....no so you don't make any sense when you say oh McNally does not want him...and Hudson's not looking at him either so something must be wrong!!! DUH!!!

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with Shelton...Zona wanted to get rid of him...McNally wanted too much in return for Henry...the trade falls through...so Shelton gets released...now he has the option to sign with who he wants...because he's a free agent...if there is something wrong with him...why hasn't it come out yet? C'mon...think about it...and just because Hudson didn't go after him doesn't mean a thing...how do you know that we have not inquired about him? Maybe Hudson feels that what he has is good enough and that Shelton wouldn't be much of an upgrade. I don't know...but IMO...I think McNally screwed this up...he wanted to much and is now stuck with Henry who kind of bashed the organization...and does not want to play for Barfalo...why does something have to be wrong with him? If that was the case...why are 4 other teams looking at him? DUH!!!

Funny how he's being sought by other teams but not Buffalo anymore so now something must be wrong...right...no wrong!!! DUH!!!

When a player becomes a free agent...do all the other 31 teams look at a player....no so you don't make any sense when you say oh McNally does not want him...and Hudson's not looking at him either so something must be wrong!!! DUH!!!

Go Fins!!!
Sal, it's obvious that you don't know much about the situation. Green said he was lazy. Don't you think there might be truth in that ,that McNally saw? When I say there might be a problem , it simply means that he may not be as good as advertised or that Green's opinion of Shelton is true. We shall see who signs Shelton and for how much. If he doesn't get the 3 million/year that came with him , then it means we were right.

He also had a knee problem, don't you think that could be a problem as well? I'm sure Spielman wants him though just like he did w/ Mcintosh :lol:

McNally and Houck are considered the best in the job. If they think he's not worth trading for or 3 million , I'd rather go with their opinion than yours. DUH!!!

jd13 said:

can you say T-I-T-A-N-S

:) :) :)

i would still feel better with him at LOT, than the other guys on our team.:(

Justasportsfan said:
Sal, it's obvious that you don't know much about the situation. Green said he was lazy. Don't you think there might be truth in that ,that McNally saw? When I say there might be a problem , it simply means that he may not be as good as advertised or that Green's opinion of Shelton is true. We shall see who signs Shelton and for how much. If he doesn't get the 3 million/year that came with him , then it means we were right.

He also had a knee problem, don't you think that could be a problem as well? I'm sure Spielman wants him though just like he did w/ Mcintosh :lol:

McNally and Houck are considered the best in the job. If they think he's not worth trading for or 3 million , I'd rather go with their opinion than yours. DUH!!!

What opinion...the Bills were the team who had something worked out with Shelton...the plan was in place...Hudson and the Fins didn't...so why would you compare the two? Just because we did not inquire about it....doesn't mean that we won't or Hudson is happy with what he has...can that possibly be it....yes DUH.

The "problems" you listed were already known...he is lazy...that was know and the Bills still tried to trade for him...what...his laziness was uncovered by McNally...no DUH.

Its funny how the trade falls through...your organization screwed this up...and now because Shelton is a free agent and because the Bills have not inquired about him again...there must be something wrong with him according to JUSTA....maybe he never wanted to play for the Bills...he holds the cards now...so he has options...at the time the Bills wanted him...now they don't...I think you are the one that needs some common sense...

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
What opinion...the Bills were the team who had something worked out with Shelton...the plan was in place...Hudson and the Fins didn't...so why would you compare the two? Just because we did not inquire about it....doesn't mean that we won't or Hudson is happy with what he has...can that possibly be it....yes DUH.
I didn't know you worked for the bills. Where'd you get you facts? There was nothing set in stone. Are you freakin nuts? Your LT is still a question mark. Check out what your fellow finfan said
Ohiophinphan said:
While he has a great deal of raw talent, has he really shown more than McIntosh in his years in the league? Didn't San Diego scrimmage against Arizona the last couple of years the way we did/do with Tampa? If so Houck would have seen him up close and if Houck doesn't want to make a run at him, I'm convinced we should let him slide by.
It's no different from mine,DUH!!!!!
Sal Lisitano said:
Its funny how the trade falls through...your organization screwed this up...and now because Shelton is a free agent and because the Bills have not inquired about him again...there must be something wrong with him according to JUSTA....maybe he never wanted to play for the Bills...he holds the cards now...so he has options...at the time the Bills wanted him...now they don't...I think you are the one that needs some common sense...

Go Fins!!!
Man you have a hard time learning. The bills can still want get Shelton if they want to without giving up HENRY. YEs, the will have to bid for his services but it's obvious we don't want him anymore or at least his 3 million.

The cards wanted to trade Henry for Shelton straight up. Donahoe changed his mind because he probably knew the Cards were gonna release him eventually since no one else wanted him and his 3 million cap. Looks like he was right.

Back
Top Bottom