Local Ownership | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Local Ownership

sleek

$$UNDERDOG$$
Reaction score
Its what we need. Buffalo, Ny Jets, New England they are east coast teams. Ross is a New Yorker. Now he is turning us into the Patriot Way. I like our Miami heritage and dont want to bow down to Belicheat and gravel at his feet. To me this move is weak.Would Marino want to be the patriot way? I love dolphins football and also despise our rivals. Tired of being owned by our enemy. I feel like we were bought out by our competition. Imagine if a guy from chicago owned the packers? Kraft is from Mass., rooney from penn.. Do you guys honestly like kissing the pats butts? Maybe I am from a different time but to me this is the ultimate insult to a fan base.

Maybe, but the reality is that people rich enough to own a team tend to be either NYC-centric or LA-centric. Take the Rams, Kroenke was born in St. Louis, bought the St. Louis Rams, and then picked them up and moved them to LA. Why? Because … LA is the biggest market on the west coast … it's really that simple. Like it or not, Miami is connected with NYC as a home/second-home for rich New Yorkers. Having no state taxes, warm climate, and a cluster of former New Yorkers makes all of Florida a destination for those guys. With so many rich guys being NYC-centric, it's very likely that Ross will not be our last owner who is a New Yorker masquerading as a Miami guy. It is not ideal, but there are likely to be more in our future.

The Patriot Way?

I want to win. No one is kissing Bellicheks ring. We’re just poaching coaches.

I don’t care much who writes the checks. Stephen Ross wants to win as bad as anyone.

These mega billionaire owners are all cut from the same cloth anyway.

The Miami heritage? Who should we have hired to keep the Miami heritage?

At this point I’ll endure anything to return to a time when a wild card was worst case scenario.

Stephen Ross is actually from Detroit, Michigan. However, he graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School and attended University of Florida before transferring to the University of Michigan. He is a life long Miami Dolphins fan. He moved to New York for work when he was 28 years old. He maintains a home in South Florida.

GTFO of here with "Ross is a New Yorker."

People pick really weird **** to get upset about. Who gives a **** how they do it or who they do it with, just ****ing win and turn this ****ing franchise around already.

Next owner we get, we need to check his birth certificate and it better read Florida. I mean why stop there I propose all FinHeaven members turn in their birth certificates and list their residence's of the last 20 years. Anyone who can't claim any time spent in Florida should be banned immediately. Fin fan in cali and NY8123 I got my eye on you.

Stephen Ross is actually from Detroit, Michigan. However, he graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School and attended University of Florida before transferring to the University of Michigan. He is a life long Miami Dolphins fan. He moved to New York for work when he was 28 years old. He maintains a home in South Florida.

GTFO of here with "Ross is a New Yorker."
I appreciate you defending Ross but he is NOT a lifelong Dolphins fan. Never was.
He was actually bidding buying the Jets before Johnson got them.

Ross is not the best owner but it has nothing to do with where he's from

Back
Top Bottom