Lock-down Corner:nik Needham!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lock-down Corner:nik Needham!!!!

dade

Active Roster
Reaction score
ive been fortunate enough to watch him play in a few games and even tho he plays at a small school he might be the or is the best corner back prospect in the draft!. He ran a 4..3 at UTEPS pro day. He is extremely fluid in and out of his breaks and rarely panics on deep balls. Kid is a flat out stud.
He didn’t get invited to the senior bowl or nfl combine and thank god for that cause. Owner just signed him. He had a huge chip on his shoulder and is ready to prove to every 31 teams how they screwed up. 6 feet tall, 203 reminds me of vonte Davis in the regards he is excellent in both press man and zone coverages.
The football gods has blessed us and Chris Grier gambled that he would fly under the radar and he did, anyone remember Brent Grimes going undrafted to Mayer becoming a top CB. Well folks we found Our second CB to match with Xman, mark my words he will be
Are starting cornerback.
I’m so happy and the whole finheaven should be to.
Researching him you cannot find one negative comments about his play, all you will see his praise for his quick feet excellent technique! We finally
Struck gold! I’m telling
You Chris Grier knew Exactly what he was doing when he passed up on all of those cornerbacks when he knew that was a major need of us

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/t...ik-needham-best-nfl-draft-prospect-dont-know/

Nice insight, dade. Definitely seems the part and looks fluid, hopefully he can earn a roster spot.

ran a 4.67 at his pro day keep expectations low
The two players with the best chance to either get drafted, or be signed to free agent contracts, are defensive back Nik Needham and linebacker A.J. Hotchkins. Both players performed well in their workouts, with Needham looking like the lockdown cornerback he was for the Miners and Hotchkins excelling in the physical tests.

Needham's ran a 4.3 wind-aided 40-yard dash time; Hotchkins did 30 reps on the bench press and showed off a 38-inch vertical leap.

"I showed the scouts that I'm fluid in my movements, I'm a competitor out there," Needham said. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes to look good out there on the field. I'm happy with my performance today."

"The biggest thing for me was to come out here and put up good numbers. As far as the next level, I'm open to playing anything so my goal is to make a roster. That's the biggest goal for me moving forward," Hotchkins said.

The NFL Draft is April 25-27.

# 5 Nik Needham/CB UTEP – 6’0”, 203 lbs

The Good

• Incredible ball skills, tracks ball and high points it
  • Quick footwork, feet move a mile minute and he mirrors extremely well
  • Fluidity is terrific, can flip hips and be heading into a full sprint in no time
  • Aggressive in the run game, sticks his nose in willingly
  • Sheds blocks consistently, plays with good strength and leverage
  • Good recognition of screens, comes up and blows them up
  • Hard hitter, will be physical
  • Consistent tackler
  • Effort is outstanding, motor is insane
  • Amazing long speed, ran a 4.3 40 at his Pro Day
I looked it up on two different sites...Please stop posting false information.

Last edited:
Well that’s a lot different than 4.3 ... yikes
Excuse me sir it clearly said he ran a 4.3 at his pro day stop being a a troll please. Theres nothing on the internet that states your claim, thank you very much!!! Get your facts straight. I haven’t seen one negative thing about him on the internet at all!!! Until you came along.

Nice insight, dade. Definitely seems the part and looks fluid, hopefully he can earn a roster spot.
Thank you sir, sometimes players go undrafted for no reason at all, they skip thru the cracks. Miami has a history of find late round talents and undrafted players, reshad Jones 5th, Wes welker 7th, Devon Bess undrafted, davon godchaux 5th, Vicent Taylor 6th, Jesse Davis, Derek Shelby, Paul solia 5th, just to name a few. This kid with the right coaching could blossom into a good if not very good corner,

Excuse me sir it clearly said he ran a 4.3 at his pro day stop being a a troll please. Theres nothing on the internet that states your claim, thank you very much!!! Get your facts straight. I haven’t seen one negative thing about him on the internet at all!!! Until you came along.
Im not trolling anything. Simply stating those are vastly different times

Nfldraftscout has it at the 4.6 time too - just sayin

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=132032&DraftYear=2019

This site is about as reliable as it gets.

Ranked 103rd by NFL Draft Scout

30 inch vertical 10 reps 9'6" broad jump

4.67 forty

Not an NFL caliber athlete. Camp fodder.

It is quite true that he ran in the 4.3s on his pro day with a very strong wind.
He is a solid prospect that deserved to be a day 3 pick. Good developmental guy.

That being said his speed is far from amazing, it is truly about 4.5 speed which is more than fast enough.

He is a solid pickup and has tons of upside but he is not even close to the best corner prospect in the draft or even in the top 20 best. None of that means he cannot be a damn good player

Anyone saying he is the best corner or one of the best prospects is blowing smoke up your azzes. I attend Utep am a sports writer for the Utep paper and have watched plenty of UTEP in action and that is pure pie in the sky. Can he develop into a solid NFL player, yes he can he is a hard worker and a good kid.

Not sure why people are arguing over his damn 40 time. Wind aided or not, he is not a burner. Watch him play you will see plenty that shows potential but acting like he was best corner in draft is based on exactly nothing. He went undrafted for a reason.

He has a solid chance of sticking to roster esp as practice squad guy but could make regular roster with his work ethic.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=132032&DraftYear=2019

This site is about as reliable as it gets.

Ranked 103rd by NFL Draft Scout

30 inch vertical 10 reps 9'6" broad jump

4.67 forty

Not an NFL caliber athlete. Camp fodder.
That website is is the most Inaccurate of them all dude, have your day man, nobody cares about what you have to say. You obviously don’t know anything if your taking that site seriously. Stop being hater, what did Nik Needham docto you bro

Attachments

• F68C853C-6827-4996-83C9-0E0234E242ED.png
    F68C853C-6827-4996-83C9-0E0234E242ED.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 52DF8AF5-7082-4659-9072-3D633837E3C7.png
    52DF8AF5-7082-4659-9072-3D633837E3C7.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 88E61B28-403A-40E4-9B7B-3DC9B45CFC6C.png
    88E61B28-403A-40E4-9B7B-3DC9B45CFC6C.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 13
Another thing when people speak of pro days. I almost guarantee you that nobody's ever ran slower at their pro day than they have at the combine and that's a very good reason. Hand timing.

That website is is the most Inaccurate of them all dude, have your day man, nobody cares about what you have to say. You obviously don’t know anything if your taking that site seriously. Stop being hater, what did Nik Needham docto you bro

There are a lot of Ol guys who weigh well over 300 pounds who have better vertical and broad jumps. Even if there is some discrepancy with his hand held forty time, the guy isn't anywhere near athletic enough to play corner in the NFL.

And NFLDraftscout has had an amazing record with their rankings throughout the decades. They were very accurate again this year.

If anybody is posting pure crap that should be ignored, you should probably take a peak at the next mirror you come across.

Back
Top Bottom